• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#1 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

Looks like this 2-Pack has found a home at last!

Toyrocket

LoT

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

Well if this is correct, it really is huge news outside of the release of the 2-pack itself. It means that they are going ahead with the S3 uniform scuplt which means a bigger possibility that we will eventually see all the S3 DS9 and maybe even VOY figures. It also might give me a good opportunity to customize a few Generations style figures because i doubt DST will ever do them (I have seen weirder though!). Im just hoping Toyrocket didnt jump the gun on this one because in my experiences they havent been the most reliable of companies.

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 12:57 PM

BBTS has it up for order as well. BBTS
I put an order in with them about a week ago.

#4 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:09 PM

Well thats just fantastic move. If at the very least it sets the stage for many customs should DST not go through with an extended DS9 S3 set or VOY figures. Im hoping to see at least a Sisko figure and a female figure. That way the parts swapping could be easier.

#5 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

Will New Force carry this? spock2.gif

#6 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE(Thomas E. Johnson @ Aug 2 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will New Force carry this? spock2.gif

hello all...
we will indeed...as always, we try to carry every ST item by DST smile.gif
rick

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Aug 2 2008, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It means that they are going ahead with the S3 uniform scuplt which means a bigger possibility that we will eventually see all the S3 DS9 and maybe even VOY figures.

Didn't Worf technically come on board of DS9 in S4? So wouldn't these be S4 uniforms?

The new Nemesis Style uniforms didn't come on until S5 I think... But Kira got a new uniform in S4. She was in her S1-S3 Uniform for "The way of the Warrior" only, and then she was in her new one after that...

So even if DST gave us S4 DS9 version I'd be ok with that!

Of course I'd like a version of both Kira's! but I'd gladly take either one!

#8 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:17 AM

Yeah everybodys been referring to those uniforms as S3?! Why they're S3 and not S1 or S4 confuses me too.

#9 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:32 AM

I dont care what they call them as long as we get them. It is just a name. The figures with department top shoulders is what counts. That way we may at least get some Voyager figures.

#10 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Aug 3 2008, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah everybodys been referring to those uniforms as S3?! Why they're S3 and not S1 or S4 confuses me too.

The only major difference between the DS9 Season 1/2 uniform and Season 3/4 uniform is the combadge. The TNG Movie combadge (rectangular background) came into use on DS9 for Season 3; prior to that, DS9 used the TNG TV combadge (oval background).

#11 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

I think they've been referring to them as Season 3 because of Sisko. When they were originally announced and shown, it was Sisko with hair and without a beard. So they called it Season 3, and the standard way of referring to those figures was as season 3.

#12 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:53 AM

Plus Dax was shown as Lt Dax, in S4 she became Lt Cmdr Dax. The good thing is though that if we get a S3 Sisko, a S4 Sisko is the easiest custom in the world to do.

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

Ok, but to get Worf with the Red Voyager Style Uniforms, you do need a S4 Worf!

It seems there are a number of subtle differences from S3 to S4 to S5 as it was kind a transition for the series... we start really digging into the Dominion War etc. etc...

Would I like a S1 set? You Bet! But Then I'd also Like a S4 set!

(also I would want the S7 set finished! Which I won't consider done w/o Quark & Jake)

Also, It was the end of S3 that Sisko Get's his promotion to Capt... so depending on how they made a S3 Sisko, you might have to change the pips to get a S4 Sisko!

But all that aside... yes. I too would like a basic version of the cast in those style uniforms.

#14 J C R

J C R

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

DST added Worf/Gowron two-pack to their website for December, except they posted a pic of Worf and Martok. Oops on their part.

#15 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

I love it! I was very worried that these might be lost to time but this is awesome! Those are my favorite Trek uniforms (the FC were nice but too dull for me) and I cant wait to get this 2 pack. Maybe they will give Gowron that nice overcoat that Krudge comes with.

#16 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

^^Great minds think alike, I was hoping the same thing. Gowron is such a cool character and deserves some respect of his title of Chancellor for the Klingon Empire. DST, please give him his robes wink.gif

#17 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

I'm thrilled to be getting this! The only reason I'm a bit sad it's a two-pack is I'd buy a bunch of extra Worfs for the uniform part of the body. biggrin.gif There'd be a Generations Riker & Picard right there!

#18 J C R

J C R

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

Im excited about this one too...but alas, DS9 is my favorite. I do hope they give us the rest of the DS9 cast in these uniforms, as well as the Mirror figures. We will have DS9 Worf in this uniform and Mirror Worf...with no one else to go with him. I realize it is unlikely we will see more DS9 Mirror figures though.

#19 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

Did everyone pick this up already since it was due out yesterday? tongue.gif

#20 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts