174 replies to this topic

#21 Gordo

Gordo

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Jul 21 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That overcoat on Krudge can be used for Worf and Gowron to boot! If this is the exclusive two pack hinted at thats awesome!....I love how the addition of just a few new elements completely changes the look of the figure like the overcoat. Looking at Krdges neckline....I see the collar (is that part of a second cape?) but it also looks like the main torso pice was changed to get rid of the high chain mail and add in some sort of gold roping.

Are the bodies for these figures a re-use of the Mirror Universe and Soldiers Of The Empire figures of Worf? If so, I hope they won't be too out-of-scale with the other movie figures. The Worf figures are huge!

Regardless, these are great-looking figures, and it's such a treat to be blindsided with an announcement like this! Exciting times.

#22 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

They are the same scuplt as the SotE and MM Worfs. The only difference seems to be on Krudges neckline. They could have scaled them down.

#23 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:36 AM

they look good, fantastic Kruge sculpt however, errm won't these be out of scale with the rest of the TOS movie figures? if not then cool! i'll get them.

#24 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:12 AM

well klingons are supposed to be a bit taller. my only thought is they might scale them down a bit. i would prefer to have them stay the same because i'd like all my klingons to be roughly the same size.

#25 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:23 AM

Oh man, I didn't think about that. If they are in scale with TWOK, then they won't be the same size as the other Klingons. Of course, these guys were dead long before the Klingons of the other series, so I don't have much use for displaying them with them. BUT, customizers won't be able to much much with them.

#26 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:28 AM

I kind of hope they keep them the same size and dont scale them down. I plan to display them with Worf, Gowron and Martok.

#27 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 12:37 PM

Very sneaky but awesome of them. LOL

#28 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Jul 22 2008, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sammy, in the end, you will have two versions of your Trek obsession. Guess how many I'll have of mine? My robed obsession comes before yours! LOL

Sorry J, I did not mean to sound like I was complaining.

#29 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:24 PM

Great figures, but hopefully one day Romulans will get some attention from DST too!!

#30 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

Now all we need is a new Bird of Prey. I hope they do a command chair for Kruge. They could do a Kirk in the Klingon Captains chair and then they could put Spock in it for a ST V set. Then they could do a season 2 Riker in the Klingon chair for that episode I don't remember the name of right now. They could get a lot of use out of a Klingon chair! Please make it so DST! Now that I'm all hyped up I wonder what the chances are of us ever getting a Mark Lenard Klingon Captain figure? That would be cool!

#31 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 06:08 AM

Did anyone else notice that Kruge and Maltz both look a pretty good bit shorter than The borg standing to the right. It looks like they are both standing on the same surface (IE: The Borg is not standing on something). That means either the Borg are much larger like the AA Borg line or that the Klingons have been scaled down a bit to fit with TOS.

#32 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:27 AM

It was said here i believe that the Borg figures and Enterprise we're very large (the Borg Figures being a little larger than the existing Assimilation line we have) but were both going to be scaled down a bit during production.

#33 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

That still does not answer the question about Maltz and Kruge being the same scale as the existing TNG Klingon bodys or the TOS movie figures. Just that the Borg may be scaled down a bit. If Kruge is in fact TNG Klingon Scale then those borg are going to need to be scaled down quite a bit to fit with any collection.

#34 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:20 AM

I meant to post earlier but caught up. Those borg were massive at WWC. From looking at that photo, the klingons are the same scale that those body types have always been. The borg do need to be heavily scaled down and one of the DST reps at WWC said that they would be before they were produced. Like I said before Id actually prefer for the klingons to stay a uniform height anyway.

#35 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:26 AM

Maltz looks nothing like John Larroquette of "Night Court" fame. ...

#36 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Jul 25 2008, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That still does not answer the question about Maltz and Kruge being the same scale as the existing TNG Klingon bodys or the TOS movie figures. Just that the Borg may be scaled down a bit. If Kruge is in fact TNG Klingon Scale then those borg are going to need to be scaled down quite a bit to fit with any collection.

yes, yes it does wink.gif

All you have to do is LOOK at the bodies for the new Klingon Figures also if you look at the Galwron figure you will notice that he stands about as tall as Maltz.

#37 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE(New Frontier @ Jul 25 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, yes it does wink.gif

All you have to do is LOOK at the bodies for the new Klingon Figures also if you look at the Galwron figure you will notice that he stands about as tall as Maltz.

They can make new bodies that are a smaller scale and still use the same sculpt. I have seen the "Gowron" figure but I did not realize there was a picture of them side by side. Could you please post a link for that comparison. Because without them actualy being next to each other it is pretty hard to tell if they are in fact the same scale. wink.gif

#38 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

Regarding the Borg figures, remember the prototypes have to be a bit larger for mold-making to allow for shrinkage of the plastic on the production figures. The same may hold true for the Klingon figures. They may have used the original TNG series 1 Worfs so that when the plastic shrinks, they will be in scale with the TWOK figures. Or, if they want to keep all the Klingons in the same scale as the original Worf figures, they may have made display models out of the Worf bodies to better represent the scale of the finished product. Something they couldn't do with the Borg figures, since they are going for a less stylized look than the Assimilation figures and thus couldn't reuse those original bodies for the display models.

#39 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:31 PM

They better all be in scale and properly proportioned! spock2.gif

#40 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

I can assure you from seeing the borg in person, that those two kligons use the exact same s ale body as the other previously released klingons. Now what knighone said could be perfectly correct too because obviously they have the capability to scale down any of their molds. If I was a betting man I would say they would be released as is as opposed to being scaled down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users