174 replies to this topic

#1 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail
Holy crap this came out of nowhere but, man they look excellent! Plus the targ and a robe for Kruge, wow.

#2 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:58 AM

Holy crap! Those look phenomenal! So is this the beginning of more product from the rest of the classic crew films? That would be awesome!

Sallah

#3 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:02 AM

WOW!!! They look amazing. I really hope this sparks a new set of releases, Captain Sulu, General Chang, Sarek, Lt Valaris etc. Really excited about this one! Is this the 2 pack that Newforce Has been eluding to?

#4 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Looking at the pic again...the Kruge head sculpt is just amazing. I want tons more classic movie figures (and a tv ones for that matter) if they are gonna look that good!

Sallah

#5 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

Good Work DST!!

#6 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:14 AM

Those are absolutely incredible. I cant wait.

#7 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

See this is what Im talking about. DST coming straight out of left field with an exclusive that just looks drop dead gorgeous. That overcoat on Krudge can be used for Worf and Gowron to boot! If this is the exclusive two pack hinted at thats awesome! If there is another two pack after this too Ill just be floored. |I love how the addition of just a few new elements completely changes the look of the figure like the overcoat. Looking at Krdges neckline....I see the collar (is that part of a second cape?) but it also looks like the main torso pice was changed to get rid of the high chain mail and add in some sort of gold roping. Just awesome. Oh and the Targ is just icing on the cake.

#8 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

Oh wow! This is complete and total madness! They look amazing! Can't wait for these. I love the targ more than words can say! laugh.gif

#9 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:17 PM

Crap on me, that is fantastic!!

FINALLY....a robe!! biggrin.gif

#10 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

"FEED HIM!" biggrin.gif

spock2.gif

#11 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

Oh my, those are just great!! Now I can pose Kirk and Kruge to re inact the best hand to hand combat in all of Trekdom!!

#12 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 21 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jul 21 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FINALLY....a robe!! biggrin.gif

You just had to point that out didn't you Sammy! biggrin.gif Now there is NO excuse for not getting you know who!

#13 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:36 PM

Wow! When Rick mentioned a new 2 pack I was so expecting something unimpressive, like a TNG Dax and Bashir Uniform Variant set using The Troi Body and a repainted Wesley body. But I am very very pleasantly surprised!

#14 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:03 PM

Those are some great looking figures! DST is really impressing me with these two packs this year.

#15 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(X-Ray @ Jul 22 2008, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! When Rick mentioned a new 2 pack I was so expecting something unimpressive, like a TNG Dax and Bashir Uniform Variant set using The Troi Body and a repainted Wesley body. But I am very very pleasantly surprised!

I don't think this is the 2-pack Rick was talking about...is it?

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Jul 22 2008, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You just had to point that out didn't you Sammy! biggrin.gif Now there is NO excuse for not getting you know who!

Well....a robe for a Classic Klingon is one thing, quite another for someone like Crusher who is pretty much scum to toy companies!

If that's who you were referring to.

#16 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:39 PM

^ Rick said there would be a 2 pack happening soon just a few days ago, this is a two pack, it stands to reason. I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I thought release dates would be met. laugh.gif

#17 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE(X-Ray @ Jul 21 2008, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ Rick said there would be a 2 pack happening soon just a few days ago, this is a two pack, it stands to reason. I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I thought release dates would be met. laugh.gif

Yeah, but Rick also stated it wasn't anything 'new.' Now I know Klingons aren't necessarily new, but these are new characters for sure. And the guess work continues ...

#18 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Jul 21 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well....a robe for a Classic Klingon is one thing, quite another for someone like Crusher who is pretty much scum to toy companies!

Sammy, in the end, you will have two versions of your Trek obsession. Guess how many I'll have of mine? My robed obsession comes before yours! LOL

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 05:57 AM

Wow! It reaaly is going to be a good year for the Klingons!

With all the Klingons we will be getting I think they will make a nice looking display together!

#20 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

Very nice! I see my worry about DST pushing Trek aside was unwarranted, and I'm glad I was wrong! Thank you DST- and I still look forward to years of Trek figures from you guys!!

(Is the cape removable? If so, I'll be picking up an extra one for Worf!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users