90 replies to this topic

#1 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:31 PM

When is the regular TOS Kirk with chair being released? I've seen plenty of the SDCC WNMHGB one but none of the TOS (with black collar) one.

#2 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:53 PM

From what I've gathered from DST Mason, future waves depend on the sales of the current chair assortments.

#3 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:56 PM

Really? So even though it's advertised on various websites (NFC, FP etc), it still mightn't be released? That's not very nice of them to dangle it in front of our faces and then possibly whip it away...that's the one I want the most!! I've already bought two of each of the others.

#4 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

Sorry, my mistake Mason, I didn't realize they were releasing the TOS Kirk in chair. I guess I better put my order in with Rick wink.gif What DST said is that if the sales went well with the current chair assortments, they wouldn't rule out expanding on the line or at least Pilot versions of the crews. At least that was my impression in the first round of ATD huh.gif

#5 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

*phew* Way to give a guy a heart attack Don. wink.gif

#6 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 11:48 PM

I could have sworn someone (Rick, maybe?) said early October was when it would be available. So in the next couple of weeks or so. Don't quote me on that, though. The advertised time is late Oct/Early Nov., though.

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

I was thinking about getting the kirk chair just for the chair, but I dunno, all the DST exclusives have knda cooled my enthusisam for multiples like this. But Yeah AFX lists them with a Nov arrival

#8 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:44 PM

I got my Two Pikes with command chairs today, one to keep MIB and one to open. I have to say i like the chair, looks a lot better than any other Command chair released in scale with figures. I have been careful to not twist the snake microphone thing on the chair, because it doesnt look like it will take much punishment before breaking. Pike's head is pretty stiff and i havent put much pressure to try to turn his head since others have ended up with decapitated Pike figures. All in all though, i like it and now im planning on getting the other two chairs, which i will buy only 1 of, since i have 1 open and my Kirk figures and Pike can share it. Spock currently is trying it out.

#9 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:08 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Oct 11 2006, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been careful to not twist the snake microphone thing on the chair, because it doesnt look like it will take much punishment before breaking.

Mine broke the first day. Its not made to last through the years.

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

That is a grip of mine about those chairs... the view screen tends to sag and looks all odd. I kept on heating mine with a hair dryer and then trying to freeze it in to position with some ice water, but it kept on sagging.

I now just have kirk holding it by the snake arm to keep it in place.

#11 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:26 PM

Mine seems to be fine for the time being, not going to try to adjust it so maybe it will stay in good shape.

#12 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:50 AM

Hey, really? I found that my snake neck viewers came right off at the base. BUT there was a half moon connector that remained in the chair that corresponds with the base of the neck, I think it is allowed to come off. I merely replaced it and since I am not moving it about, it has been there from the getgo. I am sure it could be glued on if you need to make adjustments.
Gothneo, it must look like Kirk is either redeocorating to the new chair style, or he had a tantrum and is taking it out on Starfleet property... biggrin.gif

#13 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:00 AM

laugh.gif

Here are some picts!

#14 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE(Tiberius @ Oct 12 2006, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, really? I found that my snake neck viewers came right off at the base. BUT there was a half moon connector that remained in the chair that corresponds with the base of the neck, I think it is allowed to come off. I merely replaced it ...

That's how mine was too. Half moon connector and it slipped right back in. Both of my chairs did this.

#15 Bizza

Bizza

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

Any more news on the regular uniform Kirk & chair?

#16 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:42 PM

Got my WNMHGB Kirk with chair today as well as the WNMHGB Expo Kirk. It was nice to be able to compare the colors myself and i do like the Kirk w/chair color the best, it seems more accurate. Still dont understand why they would change the color for the Expo Kirk unless it was just another way of snaring the completist collectors interest in the figure.

#17 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE(Bizza @ Oct 15 2006, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any more news on the regular uniform Kirk & chair?

New Force just announced that these have arrived in the US. New Force won't get theirs until next week, but West Coast retailers will probably have these to ship this week.

#18 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:30 PM

Well... looks like I'll have to decide if I'm going to get this one soon!

#19 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 08:49 PM

I plan to get one of the TOS Kirks w/chair also. I hope that these Kirks will have the same flesh tone as the WNMHGB Kirk had and not just leftover Kirks from 2003 with splotchy colors and all.

#20 Bizza

Bizza

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE(knightone @ Oct 19 2006, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Force just announced that these have arrived in the US. New Force won't get theirs until next week, but West Coast retailers will probably have these to ship this week.

Thanks. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users