Photo

Wave 5 pushed back... NO WAIT IT'S HERE!!!!

• Please log in to reply
392 replies to this topic

#41 data_2006

data_2006

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Aug 27 2008, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys this has a distinct ring of DST's final, unreleased, Buffy wave. They pushed it back & pushed it back waiting to get enough orders to justify them and then ... BAM ... canceled. ..........

to qoute you on you: We should lynch you just for even thinking this! tongue.gif
I sereously hope its a problem with prodcutiona nd not some wait game they are playing (since that would probably mean it never comes considering most preorder will be plast by now (almost 3 years after first shown and almokst two years after there stated realese date.

P.S. I already order three sets throug newforce (1 MOC, 1 open and 1 for costums) I don't think I need more wink.gif

#42 data_2006

data_2006

• Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek

Posted 27 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

Just went tp the DST website and it seems like they pushed everything Trek back:
DSN wave 2 is now 29th of october
Worf & Gowron: 31th of December
TNG wave 5 5th of november
Kruge & Malz31th of december
Captain Kirk delux 2 december
TMP twopack: 26th of November
Amok TIme: 29th of October
Enterprise-D: 2nd of December
TWOk Phaser 31th opf December
Tricorder: 8th January 2009
1/4 scale kirk 29th of october

BNuit perhaps we will have more happy earlier releases like the tircorder & phaser twopack (on the site still stated as 26th of November

#43 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:06 PM

Oh man I had better start saving. Dec might not be the best month for all that with people buying for Xmas?

#44 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:38 PM

No fears! If DST says Dec, then it means you won't need any cash till at least Feb! roflmao.gif

#45 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

#46 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 27 2008, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That says it all really. How dissapointing.

#47 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:05 PM

Crusher doesn't look shocked either.

#48 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:55 PM

Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! I want to complete my Nemesis Crew!!!!!!!! sad.gif

#49 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

Wow, this is ridiculous. They probably won't even be out until February '09 what with other companies needing to get all their Christmas stuff produced. Plus, the Chinese New Year directly afterwards will cause more delays. Oh well, (DST) business as usual.

#50 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(Jedigreedo @ Aug 27 2008, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crusher doesn't look shocked either.

laugh.gif

As for finishing my NEM crew- I bought extras and swapped Bev's and Jadzia's heads around. Nemesis Crusher & Emissary Dax! I may have to get an extra O'Brien for my TNG one on Data's body (I took him apart and made a season 1 O'Brien when I heard about this wave.. but if it never happens..).

#51 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:06 AM

If you need a head for O'brien shoot me a PM! I have about 3 extra!

I really think these will come eventually for the reason you just gave... really there is no new tooling for the Nemesis Crusher or the TNG O'Brien... and it's really only a new headsculpt for the other two... which at this point they have spent to money to develop... but one never knows.

What I really think is going on, is DST is trying to get the Star Wars line off the ground as that will probably be a better money maker for them. I think they are just putting resources and effort there and plinking away at some of the not so good selling lines when they have the time.

#52 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:16 AM

Thanks Gothneo, I'll certainly keep that in mind! And I really hope you're right with DST's plan. Heck, if that's the case, I'd rather they just tell us. If concentrating on a money-maker and getting everything we'd like in time is worst-case, I'd be perfectly fine with that (as long as we get our Trek! wink.gif ).

#53 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

Is the Nemesis Beverly Figure going to have the same hair-do as the Season 7 Beverly figure? If it is then I may just do the head swap routine. spock2.gif

#54 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(Thomas E. Johnson @ Aug 29 2008, 06:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is the Nemesis Beverly Figure going to have the same hair-do as the Season 7 Beverly figure? If it is then I may just do the head swap routine.

Their hair is different. One is more wavey, the other is straighter.

Actually a Nemesis Crusher head on the season 7 body would make a good enough season 4 Crusher, they could do that for a lab coat version. Teehee

#55 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:45 AM

Thanks to a heads up from A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees, I picked up this Nemesis Crusher proto on eBay.

She came from a fellow in Hong Kong....packaged like a little coffin!

I don't usually buy items like this, but since it was Bev, & since the figure itself won't be released in my lifetime...I thought it was a worthwhile buy.

Plus, as a huge Crusher fan, I really should be buying funky pieces like this. biggrin.gif

The figures itself is a white plastic painted grey.

Now one thing I did notice with this proto, is the hair placement. It is off by a bit....once again.

The hair is often placed all over the head on poor Bev's figures...which is wierd in itself seeing as how there is a huge groove in the head & hair to help assemblers! so the grooves themselves must be off at times. huh.gif

The fringe is supposed to be right above her eyebrows, but this one of mine it is much further up. The right hand side of her hair should be further forward as well.

QC, QC...where you be? Though I guess it is just a production piece, & I'm very thankful Bev received an accurately sculpted hairpiece for the movie line.

Anyway, all my piffy crap aside, this is an awesome little figure to own smile.gif Overall she is shaping up nicely.

Very thankful to Chimp for letting me know. What ever led to your seeing it Chimp?

#56 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:46 AM

I missed that one!! Drat!!

#57 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:37 AM

I love it. That must be a really rare piece. Heres hoping we see the actual one before Christmas!

#58 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:14 AM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Sep 10 2008, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very thankful to Chimp for letting me know. What ever led to your seeing it Chimp?

No problem, Sam. Glad to see you like it. Anyway, what led me to it is the "favorite figure" thread. I got the hankering to try to find something really unique that only a couple of people max would ever have, and I remembered that a long time ago William Shatner's website had TOS Series 1 Kirk prototype figures for sale, so I thought I'd check out e-bay and see if I could get a proto of something. Low and behold, I found 3 ... T & T Bashir prototype, Nemesis Crusher, and Wesley. When I saw Nem Crusher, I briefly considered buying it, but not being a huge Crusher fan I thought if there was one person I'd like to see get it, it's our resident Bevhead. Hence the PM.

I ended up getting the T & T Bashir though, which still hasn't arrived yet.

#59 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

So what do they use that for exactly? Is it just a sample to show how it looks put together, something to showcase the final sculpt, or what? Just wondering.. cool find. smile.gif

P.S.: I hope nobody minds I snuck in and grabbed the Wesley wink.gif

#60 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 11:04 AM

What are you guys putting in the search bar to find these? I've looked and can't see anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users