• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:07 AM

Ok, DST has announced so much new items for Star Trek that I think the Toyfair discussion thread makes it difficult to keep a thread going on specific lines!

So we have an Enterprise D thread and I thought I'd start one about the newly announced "The Movie" Figures!

1st off, I think Spock looks amazing, but Kirk seems a bit "Soft" on the face. Hopefully DST can "Crispen" him up a bit before they release it!

I also think a Two pack of Kirk & Spock Is the way to test the waters for these figures...

This really came out of no where, because like DST has said, the fan enthusiasm for that movie seems to be less enthusiastic than for others...

I thought DST would go forward with a more fan favorite (and safer) offering of something like the voyage home or The Undiscovered Country, but as I said previously, I hoped that TMP figures would be done as I find the uniforms a nice visual (and distinct) departure from the status quo!

I have no aspirations that DST will complete a TMP cast, but if the two pack sells well, perhaps we will get at least one more two pack!

If that happens, I think I'd like to see a Decker/Ilia as much of the plot really does center around them.

though I think the logical sellers would be a Dr. McCoy and Scotty....

any other fans of this look? I really won't defend the movie as it is not really one of favs, but I do like the look!

#2 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:24 AM

I think it would be cool to decker/ilia because they are unique characters. I wouldnt mind getting the whole crew in TMP uniforms but i dont really see it happening. In a perfect world Id like to get allthe main characters from each of the movies that raent in the main cast.

#3 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 07:37 AM

I would love to see the whole (primary) cast, and I'm not one who normally clamors for that. There were so many uniform variations in that movie that you could almost have the 8-10 main characters without repeating an outfit.

Barring that, I'd be up for another Kirk/Spock two-pack with Kirk in his white short-sleeve outfit and Spock in his Vulcan robes.

And I would be all over any character in their away outfits from the film's finale.

I'd LOVE a command chair with Kirk in another uniform variant.

I'm such a big fan of the look of TMP that I'd pretty much violate every guiding principle of my collection. I'd want a complete crew. I'd buy minor characters (Chapel). I'd buy multiple versions of the same character (KIROK!). I'd buy 2-packs with one figure I only marginally want.

Bring on TMP!!!!

#4 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:40 AM

I agree with you all. I love these and hope to get the entire crew even though I doubt that we will see them all. Decker and Ilia would be a great two pack to folow these two.

Thanks DST for a TMP Admiral Kirk and Spock.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Feb 18 2008, 06:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks DST for a TMP Admiral Kirk and Spock.

Absolutely!

Honestly, I think DST has really made a good showing for us! Do I have some disappointments? Sure, but the TMP, Klingons and Borg will be most welcome!

I think I need a whole Kirk and Spock Shelf... although Spock needs a WNMHGB and Dress version to catch up to Kirk!

#6 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:21 AM

I've always enjoyed TMP and enjoyed the costumes look. They could make all of the main cast and I would buy them. It was the only Star Trek movie, for me, that really made me feel like I was in the future. I also think it was the only movie that really made me feel like I was going off to explore an unknown.

Don't get me wrong I loved all of the other classic movies (except for 5) but I think TMP is misunderstood for most people and if you look at the story as one that deals with evolution of ones spirit it is pretty powerful. All of the main characters in that movie go through some form of transformation from beginning to end. Spock, Kirk, Decker, Ilia and Bones to a lesser extent, all realize something about themselves and evolve to another level within themselves (Decker and Ilia literally manifest into a new form) but the others all take a step within themselves.

That is powerful stuff and something I think most people don't see in this movie.

#7 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:44 AM

Have to say I wouldn't mind seeing-

McCoy/Chapel (Medical uniforms - these were actually cool looking)
Uhura/Chekov
Scotty/Rand
Decker/Ilia
Sulu/Kirk (all gray uniform)

#8 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE(Jedigreedo @ Feb 18 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhura/Chekov
Scotty/Rand
Decker/Ilia

I completely agree with the above list. I would love to see it. DST blew me away at Toyfair this year.

#9 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(Sgt. Stinky @ Feb 18 2008, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I completely agree with the above list. I would love to see it. DST blew me away at Toyfair this year.

Hey all,

Me too. These are excellent ideas. I would prefer the Ilia in Starfleet Uniform over the probe though. The post on Trekmovie.com does say that since it's the 30th celebration, this may be a tester for the market.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(Matty-lad @ Feb 18 2008, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would prefer the Ilia in Starfleet Uniform over the probe though.

Really??!!

I always thought of the the "Probe" version as more Iconic (and sexier!) but that's just me!

#11 gibbspaulus

gibbspaulus

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Feb 18 2008, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really??!!

I always thought of the the "Probe" version as more Iconic (and sexier!) but that's just me!

I'm more of a White Probe Outift fan as well. It's her signature costume as she does more in it, plus it will break up the plainess of the other uniformed figures.

More importantly she could come in a two pack with casual dress will Decker and with his "probe" sticking out? How that ever made it into the movie I do not know!

#12 DSTMatt

DSTMatt

Toys before the light bill.

• VIP
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE(Jedigreedo @ Feb 18 2008, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhura/Chekov
Scotty/Rand
Decker/Ilia

<writes that down>

#13 Sgt. Stinky

Sgt. Stinky

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Friends and especially Family

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(DSTMatt @ Feb 18 2008, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<writes that down>

Stop it DSTMatt ! You are making me crazy with hope ! biggrin.gif

#14 DSTMatt

DSTMatt

Toys before the light bill.

• VIP
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(Sgt. Stinky @ Feb 18 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stop it DSTMatt ! You are making me crazy with hope ! biggrin.gif

Well, I have to get my jollies somehow wink.gif Just take that as a compliment that I like your pairings, not a prophecy that they will be produced.

#15 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:32 PM

Just so you know I would buy everyone of those. wink.gif

#16 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

Can Sulu/Kirk exist in the same two-pack. I dont know if they could settle their differences!

#17 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

Matt,

Don't forget the away team outfits from the film's finale. Maybe for a Decker/Ilia 2-pack?

Pretty please?

biggrin.gif

#18 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

Judging from the comments from this board, a TMP line is most welcome, havent heard any comments to the contrary. For those who want a complete line of TMP, i hope you get your wish. Getting the TMP Spock is more than i hoped for, so anything further in the TMP line is frosting on the cake. I really wouldnt mind getting a

1. Spock in robes
2. Kolinahr Spock (Long hair)
3. Spock in jacket.
4. Spock in spacesuit
Even if i dont get those, i am happy to at least get the TMP Spock in regular uniform, thanks DST!

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

Wow! It's great to see someone from DST post!

You guys seem to be in overdrive and are knocking the socks off everyone I know!

DST really seems to be positioning themselves as the collector company for Sci-Fi enthusiasts, which I am and thus... my wallet gently weeps!

Kudos to you DST!

Oh and just make sure that when you wrote down that list you put Decker/ilia first djparty.gif

#20 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(DSTMatt @ Feb 18 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<writes that down>

Ooh, now I feel all warm and fuzzy. biggrin.gif

Even if they don't come out like that, I'm just glad you're interested in making more TMP figures. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users