• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 BlueArrow

BlueArrow

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:42 PM

So we all know about the production error on the beautiful and still amazingly awesome DST Enterprise-D. Recently DSTChuck said they had a decal sheet printed up to fix the problem. Has anyone gotten a decal sheet from DST or are they even available yet?

#2 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:07 PM

He said the info on how to get them would be posted on DST's Site soon. So keep an eye out

#3 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

I emailed them today to see if they could give any more info.

#4 BlueArrow

BlueArrow

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Sep 9 2009, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I emailed them today to see if they could give any more info.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing what they said.

#5 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:01 PM

Just a suggestion: When DST makes the announcement, could someone sticky it here as well? There's a better chance of some of us (i.e. me) finding the DST announcement here than at DST/ArtAsylum's website, and I'd like to know what to do to get the Window decals for my two Enterprise-Ds. I might only apply them to one, but I'd like to know what I need to do to get them, and I'm glad DST is following through here. I only wish they offered decals for the missing paint on the Enterprise-E, or the missing windows on the NX-01. (Technically they did offer NX-01 decals, but I had nothing to print them on.)

#6 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:46 PM

In a recent Q&A DST said to contact Chris in customer service about it and he would take care of it. I did and he sent out the decals to me. I got them in the mail yesterday. I have been meaning to post but have been down with the flu. So my brain has been a little loopy. I got them on last night and they look pretty nice. The only thing is I think they are slighty to large. No matter how you put them on the rear windows just don't seem to fit right. If I am feeling better tomorrow I will try and get some pics taken. I sent my request to customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com

#7 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

Well I am feeling a little better today so here are some pics of the E:D with the window fix:

#8 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:07 PM

wow that's not bad looks good. i was thinking of skiping the decal becuase i thought it will look bad, but now i will get a set. thanks for the pics!!

#9 sbamah

sbamah

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Interests:ST props and vessels<br />Music (rock band member)<br />Good wine...

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Sep 25 2009, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In a recent Q&A DST said to contact Chris in customer service about it and he would take care of it. I did and he sent out the decals to me. I got them in the mail yesterday. I have been meaning to post but have been down with the flu. So my brain has been a little loopy. I got them on last night and they look pretty nice. The only thing is I think they are slighty to large. No matter how you put them on the rear windows just don't seem to fit right. If I am feeling better tomorrow I will try and get some pics taken. I sent my request to customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com

Thanks JMW326 for the info ... I just emailed DST my request.

JMW326, if I may ask: are the windows simply peel and stick on, or are they water decals?

#10 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:01 AM

They are water decals. They send two sets in case you have trouble with the first application. But check yours when you get them. My second set had two right sides. Luckily I got it right the first time.

#11 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:35 PM

Would someone post the address of where to send the SASE to and what ATTN to put on it please? DST seems to be backlogged and slow in replying to emails right now .

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

Hey Kor'Tor, They just asked me for my address and sent them out. It did take about a week and a half for a reply though. I think they are pretty busy right now.

#13 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Sep 29 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Kor'Tor, They just asked me for my address and sent them out. It did take about a week and a half for a reply though. I think they are pretty busy right now.

Ahh ok, I'll wait em' out then!

#14 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

I just got a reply and they sent one out to me today.

#15 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:02 PM

Just a thought. I would recommend when you send in your request just include your address in your signature that way they have it already and dont have to request it.

#16 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:07 PM

I got a reply today as well and got my address sent to them , so I should be getting my decal set soon! smile.gif

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

DST Updated thier site with info on how to get the decals now:

From DST:

As part of our ongoing commitment to delivering the highest possible quality products, Diamond Select Toys today reveals a new effort to improve customer satisfaction with the Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D ship released earlier this year. Fans will now be able to obtain free window decals designed to replicate the absent window detailing on the regular version of the Enterprise D.

When shipped to stores this summer, we became aware of a potential defect with the first batch of our Enterprise D ship. Specifically, many were missing the window detailing on the neck of the Stardrive section of the Galaxy-class starship. This oversight was corrected in time for our "All Good Things" Enterprise, but the regular edition shipped without the added detail. To correct this we have produced special decals recreating that window detailing and we are offering them free to fans worldwide.

In order to receive these decals, fans can simply send a Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope to the below address:

Diamond Select Toys
Attn: Enterprise Decals
1966 Greenspring Dr Suite 300
Timonium, MD21093

Upon receipt we will enclose multiple copies of each decal to allow for a small degree of trial-and-error application - which should be assisted by our handy Decal Application Guide, now live on the Art Asylum blog.

We'll be monitoring this offer until the end of 2009, so if you'd like to give your Enterprise D that little extra detailing, make sure you get your Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope on its way!

#18 LT CMDR DATA

LT CMDR DATA

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

^ yeah i saw that too, and on the AA site they give you a visual guide on how to apply the decals to the ship. that will be help for me when i get my decals in the mail in a few days.

#19 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:44 AM

The instructions they give are ok but not great. Usually if you try and take the decal off of the backing in the water it rolls up when you take it out and is useless. The way I do those decals is let it sit in the water for a minute then take the whole thing and place it where you want it. Hold one end of the decal with your finger and pull just the backing with your other hand. This will let you slide the backing out from under the decal right on the ship. If you get a crease or need to adjust the position just dip your finger in the water and put a couple of drops on the decal. This will let you slide it to where you need it. after that use a paper towel to dab the excess water off and then let it dry. do not rub or wipe the water off because this will move the decal. If anyone has any problems please feel free to shoot me a message. I have done many water slide decals and have gotten pretty decent at it.

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 08:57 PM

Say whatever you will about DST, but they are a class act in my book. I don't know many other companies that do this type of stuff for their fans/customers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users