Photo

Here we go again... Playmates is back in the Trek business!

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#201 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 05 January 2023 - 12:36 PM

Id rather see some new ships than retreading old ground, or doing ships DST did better.

Give me the SNW Enterprise, Discovery, or Cerritos.

If theyre going to retread, give me a new Voyager since their last one was so limited.

#202 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 January 2023 - 02:34 AM

Id rather see some new ships than retreading old ground, or doing ships DST did better.

Give me the SNW Enterprise, Discovery, or Cerritos.

If theyre going to retread, give me a new Voyager since their last one was so limited.

I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle Voyager either.  Speaking of Voyager I'd also like to see PM try to tackle Voyager-J as well.

#203 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 07 January 2023 - 04:25 PM

I doubt it would pass the bar in terms of consumer recognition and marketability.

I freakin' love the Akira, and I showed it to people who don't like Star Trek and they have said it's cool - but it's not a headline ship or even a featured secondary or antagonist ship like the Excelsior or the Miranda. We've never seen the interior of one or gotten to know any crewmembers.

It doesn't have the human connection that the marketing would demand - no voices or truly memorable story influence.

#204 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 January 2023 - 07:30 AM

I freakin' love the Akira, and I showed it to people who don't like Star Trek and they have said it's cool - but it's not a headline ship or even a featured secondary or antagonist ship like the Excelsior or the Miranda. We've never seen the interior of one or gotten to know any crewmembers.

I was thinking the same thing.  I mentioned it before but if you ask me the Akira (and other fan favorites) is perfect for a crowdfunding campaign from Tomy.  Now since it featured pretty heavily in the Season finale of prodigy I wonder if it will pick up some new fans.

#205 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 11:29 AM

Supposedly next wave is:

Worf (tng)
Laforge (tng)
Seven of Nine (silver)
Q (judges robes)
Pike (discovery enterprise)
Spock (discovery enterprise)

#206 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 11:29 AM

Supposedly next wave is:

Worf (tng)
Laforge (tng)
Seven of Nine (silver)
Q (judges robes)
Pike (discovery enterprise)
Spock (discovery enterprise)

#207 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 25 January 2023 - 11:57 AM

Whoa, interesting choices, but makes sense I guess. These waves are not... overwhelmingly huge, getting flashbacks to the 1996 lineup where a few from each show would appear at random.

#208 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 14 April 2023 - 09:38 PM

Does anyone know when playmates should make anymore announcements?

#209 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 21 April 2023 - 01:14 AM

Sadly Playmates has pretty much maintained radio silence with us lowly customers. They showed a Wave 2 in London consisting of Worf, Laforge,Q, 7of9 (All from TNG era 24th Century)Pike and Spock( As they appear in Discovery Season 2 not SNW)
Target and Entertainment Earth are reportedly shipping Prodigy figures. Amazon is still showing shipments in May. No word on anywhere else. So looks like Playmates distribution is leaving Big Bad Toy store hanging again like they did with their first wave.

#210 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 12:46 PM

Any links to photos of Wave 2 figures that anyone can add?

#211 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 01:23 PM

https://youtu.be/LZTj8YGSBgI

#212 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 04 May 2023 - 09:36 PM

Has anyone here gotten the Prodigy figures? I got a set last weekend shipped from Target. I really like them. I cant wait to also get Janeway and Rok-Tahk plus the Protostar and phaser. The deco and packaging on these is incredible. I plan to order a second set to keep mint on card. I really hope Playmates finds their stride and gets that Second Wave out to us so they can hopefully get on to more stuff like Lower Decks and Season 3 of Picard. I am also really hoping for some love for Enterprise. I really want to have that crew to display as we have never really had that whole crew in duty uniforms. Hoshi and Phlox were only available in spacesuits and Trip in Uniform was an exclusive. Also it would be nice to have complete waves from the JJ Abrams movies too. I have really high hopes. Please no let down!

#213 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 11:29 AM

Im kind of hoping we see the Titan/Enterprise-G from PM.

#214 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 12:30 PM

For sure! I liked the look of that ship. Theres a whole lot of cool stuff from all of Star Treks history that could translate to some really awesome toys. I really dont understand how it hasnt been able to capture a multigenerational fan base the way Star Wars has. I hope the addition of Prodigy will help cultivate young viewers but Paramount will need to ensure that licensing continues to keep new products geared towards this next generation and generations going forward. One toy wave per year isnt cutting it.

#215 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 04:29 PM

Very skeptical of any big ships actually appearing, aside from some obvious crowd pleaser like the A or the Disco.

#216 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 04:59 PM

If we see the ship again in a Star Trek: Legacy series we might see it. I would have to say a new Enterprise D is a given. Im not sure the Discovery will get a ship because of the cancellation of the series after next season. Personally I would buy that ship if its made. I hope we get a modern line of new MicroMachines by Jazwares. Hopefully if they do they will give us stands with our ships like they did in the 90s with Galoob. Do everything just like Eaglemoss was doing so we have a good sizable collection.

#217 Razorgeist

Razorgeist

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 May 2023 - 07:35 PM

Honestly I'd just be happy with a brand new 24th/25th century ship that hasn't been done before at this point.

#218 Morgan

Morgan

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 08:54 AM

PM doing the original Enterprise again right out of the gate seems weird, b/c eBay is still full of the old ones, and it's not even the Strange New Worlds variety. 

Not saying it's a dud on arrival, but it's an odd choice given it's been done before.

#219 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 10:41 PM

Ive heard rumors that the Enterprise D is getting another go at Playmates also. If this doesnt get in the way of other ships happening I am ok with that.

#220 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 10:42 AM

Can someone poke them with a stick....this is frustrating

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users