Photo

Do you want Discovery Action Figures?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want Discovery Action Figures? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want Discovery Action Figures?

1. Heck yes! After all this *is* TrekToy.Com! I'd Buy them all! (14 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. No... I'll just stick with what I have. (4 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Just give me more Kirks and Spock's... the real ones not those JJ-Verse "Posers" (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

4. Maybe... I guess I'd have to see them first. (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. Yes, but I'd pick and choose based on characters I like. (5 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

6. I really don't care one way or the other. (1 votes [3.57%])

7. I'm waiting for the Role Play. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. No AFs... Just the ships please! (1 votes [3.57%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 dukeman3ca

dukeman3ca

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:53 AM

i would love some old fashion playmates action figures for Enterprise and Discovery!  And the 2009 movie universe...meaning the same size as the classic ones for that .

#62 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:21 PM

I would love for Playmates to be involved with Star Trek again! I would collect them, Macfarlane, DST and Eaglemoss all simultaneously. I would only be interested in the 4.5 inch ones like they did in the 90s. Stay away from all the other scales, but bring on the play sets and ships!

#63 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:04 PM

It would be great for Playmates to pick up where they left off with Star Trek in the 90s with a continuation of their popular 4 inch Star Trek line in a similar fashion as to how theyve continued with their TNMT line.

#64 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:17 PM

Wow, what an ethical poll. You change the wording of the poll selections after people have voted already. Hillary Clinton would be proud of you i'm sure .

No politics. It's a rule.

#65 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

No politics. It's a rule.

Sure, no problem with that but how about addressing the first part of that paragraph? If polls are allowed, going back and altering the wording of a poll selection that changes the meaning of what you voted for shouldn't be allowed after there are votes already cast.

#66 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:43 AM

As far as I know there is no rule about that.
Yet
I suppose if you like I can start Creating a whole set of rules.
For now let's stick to this one that's here. You can object in your post but the no politics rule stands. Sorry I called you out first. I'm sure it won't be the last.

#67 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

I for one, would like a set of the figures. I have not bought a set of figures in a long time, but I'd be in for a set. 

#68 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 04:58 PM

I miss the days when we got an actual wave of Star Trek figures. Im very curious to see how far McFarlane takes Star Trek. Is this the next big toy line?

Im so confused as to why Star Trek isnt a big toy line. Maybe Disocvery will help change that but I feel like cbs should perhaps do an animated series on top of Discovery for younger fans. Theres definitely a market out there for a cool new series.

Also does anyone else remember figures for R rated/adult oriented movies like RoboCop and Terminator and Alien(s)... Id never seen the movies but thought the toys were awesome. I miss those days when toys were just good fun!

#69 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

Some of those lines are still in stores like Toys-R-Us... while its still around that is!

I think its basically brand recognition. Pretty much everything, (there are exceptions of course) on the action figure isle these days seems like its somehow associated with Disney... they own Star Wars and Marvel and of course lots of other properties... Maybe Disney should buy Star Trek!

#70 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:50 PM

The collectors market for Star Trek figures isn't as large as the mass market appeal of Star Wars toys is for kids And collectors. The only reason why we had a large line in the 90's with Playmates toys was that those shows we're also suitable for family viewing and kids saw them and wanted toys and Playmates made them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users