250 replies to this topic

#61 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:52 PM

I KNOW!

When is it supposed to premier? This year or next?

#62 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

Thought it was end of this year, with Discovery being next year.

#63 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:28 PM

Yeah I thought I heard this fall also.

#64 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

so no more Trek this year on AA? If so I guess I'll let the membership expire until we get more content. 

#65 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

Game of thrones is over so HBO will be dropped by many people. Game of thrones was the only reason I even had HBO. The streaming services need more content to keep subscriptions going. It seems to me that it would be better for everyone if we could have one subscription service that carried everything. Guess that is a pipe dream but it seems like it would be better than having multitudes of people canceling your service because you only have one show that they like.

#66 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:58 PM

Game of thrones is over so HBO will be dropped by many people. Game of thrones was the only reason I even had HBO. The streaming services need more content to keep subscriptions going. It seems to me that it would be better for everyone if we could have one subscription service that carried everything. Guess that is a pipe dream but it seems like it would be better than having multitudes of people canceling your service because you only have one show that they like.

So you want a new cable tv?

Id rather be able to subscribe to what I want when I want it a la carte style vs paying a larger amount of money for a bunch of channels the majority of which I dont care about.

#67 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:12 PM

:roflmao: Bwahahahaha! pwnd!

For the record, AA has several shows I've enjoyed. I think the new Twilight Zone is actually pretty good, and I love the Good Fight... and I normally don't care for those kind of Law and order Drama shows... also Strange Angles was also ok. But this is kind of the way current TV works... pick and pay for the channels you want... maybe you get them for a few months and binge watch and rotate... but like you Alteran195... ala carte is the way to go. 

Also... wow VF you paid $15 a month just to watch GoT...  @ $10/mo (commercial free) AA is literally 33% cheaper. I guess I'm cheap... also I don't really care for GoT that much... it really drags IMO... and from the spoilers I've read.. ends up exactly where you guessed it would years ago. I hear Veep is actually pretty good... and Westworld was interesting... seems like HBO has a lot of content? or isn't it all available? (Any HBO series I've seen I've just gotten from my local library)

#68 djc242

djc242

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 585 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

The next version of cable is coming. It will be a bundle of all the streaming services with some kind of incentive or discount. I bet it will still end up around $100/month.

#69 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:17 PM

Id rather be able to subscribe to what I want when I want it a la carte style vs paying a larger amount of money for a bunch of channels the majority of which I dont care about.

As long as it is a streaming service with no commercials, and isn't crazy expensive.

#70 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:20 AM

Thats exactly how cable started out... then they brought back commercials... and hiked up prices.

You can already go sub services like Sling that bundle together channels cable style... but if you want Netflix, Hulu, HBO, AA or others... you have to create your own bundle... which you can... and you can do it through Prime or other services... Basically if you got Amazon Prime and those four other services... your probably looking at about $60/month. 

I guess I question if thats crazy expensive? From what I understand people are spending $100/month or more on cable now.... which if you add the cost of broadband into the service... you may well be spending just as much as cable... but you get content you want and can drop or add channels at will.

#71 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

ERMAGRDERMAGRDERMAGRD

STR TRK
PCRD

#72 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

What if the horrible thing that happened was the destruction of the Enterprise, and loss of the majority of the TNG crew? I could see that driving Picard from Starfleet.

#73 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

Oh God no, there would go all the cameos!!!!!

WE WOULD REVOLT

#74 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:30 AM

This teaser is exactly how I imagined it would be. And I remember the week "All Good Things..." aired exactly 25 years ago.

I just hope the showrunners know that this show will singlehandedly keep people alive, because they want to see it so much.

#75 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:35 AM

Yes, I was just thinking...  I MUST NOT DIE UNTIL STAR TREK: PICARD IS OVER, lol.

And also, I forgot to say this earlier..

MY BODY IS READY

#76 Morgan

Morgan

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

Trekzone has some leaked photos from the set, and I have to say I'm liking the look of these new uniforms.

http://trekzone.org/1701/2019051749433

They brought back the DS9/Generations/Voyager-style jumpsuits, but with higher collars, and perhaps a little more reflective blacks. It's hard to tell if the communicator design has changed, but if it's the All Good Things future communicators that's going to be awesome/hilarious and very badass, in a nostalgia fan service way. I'm just glad that at least this series knows the look of the show in decades prior.

The fact that they went back to the vineyard was just perfect -- this is how I would have done the framing for the teaser -- and I had a feeling any trailer would be done exactly this way.

Going back to breathing by mouth into a paper bag, & may uncork a bottle of red wine tonight.

#77 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:12 PM

They may find that the ratings of the Picard show may blow Discovery out of the water. Would be hilarious to see that.

#78 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:42 PM

I hope it does do very very well, and is well received by all types of fans!

#79 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 24 May 2019 - 05:31 AM

Firstly, I've got my fingers crossed that this will turn out half decent. At the very least, I hope they'll have some nice Federation ship designs (no bridge windows please!). However, if the Enterprise having been lost with all hands is the reason he left Starfleet, then I hope it's something that Q can resolve. I enjoy enough shows that are dark and depressing without one of my all time favourites being turned into that. I don't think there's a single person hoping his former crew/family won't turn up at some point.

Fingers crossed.

#80 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:20 AM

We all know there will be a very loud minority of the fanbase complaining about how this series ruined their childhood because Picard is going to be a very different character than he was during TNG. It wouldn't surprise me if this series got more negative backlash from fans than Discovery did since Picard is a LOT of fans favorite character/captain. 

No new Star Trek series has been made that hasn't had a negative backlash from some fans, Picard is going to be no different. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users