Photo

FC Data. What number do you have?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

Well we had a thread for Geordi so I thought that we should have one for Data too. I just got mine today and love it. GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!! His legs have been fixed. I may have to pick up a couple more.

I got number 88

#2 Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:34 PM

Just got a confimation from BBTS that my two are gonna ship soon, I hope I get them soon. I do have a question though, does he use the same exact body as Geordi, or is it a different sculpt? Also, what accessories does he come with? Thanks!!

#3 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:41 AM

I got my notice yesterday as well!

#4 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:45 AM

He has a different body then Geordi and comes with an extra arm, head and cable that connects to his (regular) head. He comes packaged with the full sleeved arm and exposed circuit head attached to him and the regular (season 7) head and exposed arm in the tray. But like I said above the leg fix is the best thing. He no lomger sits like a lady riding side saddle and has no trouble standing up straight. From the proto pics it looks like this may be the body that Sisko is going to be using and it looks so good I wont be dissapointed.

The only complaint I have about this figure is the massive amounts of oil that was used on him. If you are an opener you will probably need to give him a soapy water rinse.

#5 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:08 PM

So, do you think his legs will fit on the S7 Data? ie. a lower body swap.

#6 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

QUOTE(Nighthawk @ Oct 16 2007, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, do you think his legs will fit on the S7 Data? ie. a lower body swap.

I dont see why not. I am pretty sure they are the same as the TNG legs but with the fixed knee joint.

#7 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:56 PM

Mine is on the way.

#8 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

I haven't opened one (yet!), but the two thus far are:

#9 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

So far they look nice. I am not opening them right away. I do wish that they packaged him complete, as either Borgified head AND arm or normal head AND arm because from what I am sensing from the other board, switching off isn't that easy.

Still no eyebrows, but...

#10 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:13 AM

Does anyone have a review of this yet?

#11 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE(Nighthawk @ Oct 22 2007, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have a review of this yet?

http://artasylum.com...p?topic=1459.30
Scroll down to the 36th post.

Does anyone have any pics of Data next to Nemesis Geordi?

#12 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:24 PM

Here, I'll tell you what I think. I think FC Data is really nicely done.

Yes, the zipper is gone, but it never bothered me that it was gone in the first place.

I bought two figures and both had fairly decent paint apps. There was a little overlap of skin color onto the mechanical arm portion of the extra arm, but everything else was very nice. Don't look for eyebrows for those who were hoping for them.

We have the new shoulder joints, and yes, the side-saddle leg problem has been fixed. I read somewhere that someone was disappointed with the joint oil issue again. The figure I opened had only slight oil inside the joints and no where else. I haven't compared him to the others as far as shininess goes, but he didn't seem overly shiny to me.

He came packaged with the mechanized head and regular arm attached. Removing the head wasn't bad, but getting the arm off has proven too difficult to bother with. I wanted a clean Nemesis uniform Data, so I am leaving him without the mechanized body parts. Attaching the normal head was a bit tough too, but with a little strategic aiming and force it popped on.

The mechanized head and arm are really nice accessories (and yes guys/gals these ARE accessories - they didn't have to give us FC body parts as they aren't standard to Data, but they did. We don't get any Starfleet gear because the extra head and arm are included). They have just enough detail to look nice with some shading and red dots for lights. The only other accessory that he comes with is the data cable. It is really cool attached to Data's open panel, regular head and fits nicely in the tiny hole.

Again, the panel on my regular head doesn't fit as neatly as I would like, but isn't horrible.

I really like FC Data. I have always liked the "DST" sculpt better than the Nemesis though. I'll take pictures later on for you, but I need to work out.

#13 Jace Madan

Jace Madan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:03 PM

Got mine today, #1661 and #1622.

I'm very pleased with both of them, the paint apps are pretty well done, and no major plastic deformations. I do prefer the Nemesis head sculpt over this one, so I will probably try a head swap sometime in the future.

It really seems like this will probably be the body that the DS9 Sisko figure will use, as it is a bit more larger than the Geordi body, plus the wrinkles in the shirt seem to match up to the proto pics of Sisko.

I hope they release the Nemesis Crusher early too, it would be awesome to complete the crew before the end of the year!

#14 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:45 AM

Got mine today, #274, #277, #283, #296, #994.

#15 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE(Connor @ Oct 23 2007, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got mine today, #274, #277, #283, #296, #994.

Wow! You got 5!?! What are you gonna do with all of them?

#16 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:25 PM

#17 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE(Nighthawk @ Oct 23 2007, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! You got 5!?! What are you gonna do with all of them?

Well one to be FC Data of course, one to be FC Barcley, and one to be FC Wesley as seen in the Nemesis deleted scene. The other two are for FC Tuvok and Kim. I'm planning ahead smile.gif. If we don't get Voyager figures, I'll keep them MOC and sell them at cost to whoever wants them. I got two MOC AGT Beverly's if anyone wants them.

#18 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 24 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

I am having the hardest time straightening out his feet. I can't get his ankles to move! I finally got one of the FC Data's feet to move last night after toying with them for about an hour, but I have been working on Data #2 and they will not budge and he doesn't stand straight if I can't bend the feet! ARGH!

And I got the arm off to replce with the Borg arm (for my Borg collection), but it came off without the ball socket so now I need to put it back on and try to take it off with the ball. I wish they had just made the forearm pop in and out for the replacement (like Locutus). This is hard work, people!!!
blink.gif

#19 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:02 PM

Man!!! I can't believe I missed out on this one. NFC seem to be sold out and my local shops are not carrying him. DAME!!!

#20 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Oct 24 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[font="Comic Sans MS"]I am having the hardest time straightening out his feet. I can't get his ankles to move! I finally got one of the FC Data's feet to move last night after toying with them for about an hour, but I have been working on Data #2 and they will not budge and he doesn't stand straight if I can't bend the feet! ARGH!

I had the same problem with all my FC Datas. When I put him in hot water to switch out his arm and head, I put the feet in there too, and got them unstuck when they were nice and soft, so they wouldn't break.

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Oct 24 2007, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Man!!! I can't believe I missed out on this one. NFC seem to be sold out and my local shops are not carrying him. DAME!!!

I got my from BBTS. http://www.bigbadtoy...amp;mode=retail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users