77 replies to this topic

#41 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ May 26 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a notice that TRU shipped me my order!

Very nice!

I figured out that it cost me $3.20 in gas just to drive over to he local TRU to see that they don't have these. It cost $6.54 for TRU to ship them to me when they are in stock.

That means that if they don't have what I'm looking for the second time I go there, I've already spent more then it cost to have them shipped.

My order from TRU should be here tommorrow as well( thursday). I cant tell you how many trips i have made to TRU stores over the years and not found what i was looking for and left empty handed. I think there was a space of literal years there(not days ,weeks or months,but years) between trips of actually finding what i was looking for at TRU. It got so that i only went there if i happen to be passing there on the way to another destination. I have spent more at TRU in the last two months than i have in the last 10 years.

#42 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

I don't know how it is in the U.S., but in Canada I'm really disappointed in how Toys "R" US has gone down over the years. When I was a kid, I could always count on them to have all the action figures based on my favourite TV shows like "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", "Batman: The Animated Series", and "Earthworm Jim". But going there in recent years, I see they tend to have fewer action figures based on specific properties like those and more dull, generic ones. sad.gif I haven't found anything worth getting excited about over there since I found some old "The New Batman Adventures" figures there that were about 4 year old leftovers at that point.

#43 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:41 PM

Toysrus used to have tons of action figures, seems like maybe 6 aisles of them with every toyline you can think of and restocked often, at least twice a week. TRU gets maybe 1 truck a week now, and seems like months in between restocking of a lot of the lines, and never restocking some things. Its a poor shell of what it used to be, before Babies R us took over half of the store.

#44 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:40 PM

I had to go to the Dr. Office today, and TRU is on the way so I stopped by on a hunch and wouldn't ya know it. They had a fresh case of there.

So if you need more Spocks VF... they had two today. I picked up a bones... I'm sure there's something I can do with an extra...

They must have had 5 of the Kirk. Don't need any more of that one!

#45 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ May 27 2009, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had to go to the Dr. Office today, and TRU is on the way so I stopped by on a hunch and wouldn't ya know it. They had a fresh case of there.

So if you need more Spocks VF... they had two today. I picked up a bones... I'm sure there's something I can do with an extra...

They must have had 5 of the Kirk. Don't need any more of that one!

Thanks for the tip Goth, i may have to go and check it out. Its strange that for a store that claims to only get trucks on friday, and they swore that they didnt get these in last fridays truck, can put a fresh case out on wednesday. They did this once before when i just happened to stop in midweek and they had new stuff in. Screwy.

#46 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

I've had the same conversations with them.

Screwy is an understatement.

#47 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

I got my package today. Well-packed, good condition. I only bought the Kirk & Spock. No exclusive sticker on the Spock. I was surprised to see that the Spock figure's package simply says "Spock", and that's it. No episode name or anything else to distinguish it from the other Spock in the unified packaging.

#48 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:16 PM

I picked up mine as well, I was also tempted to pick up another Dress Kirk to make a few customs but I passed in the hopes that DST does it for me!

#49 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:21 PM

You're April Custom is a real beauty! I'm thinking of trying to make a McCoy & Spock dress uni out of one...

#50 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

I was thinking of a scotty dress uniform because its one i dont think DST would touch!

#51 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

Got my order of Spocks in today from TRU. You know, i like this figure, but it would have been so great if DST could have made a new Headsculpt with the different eyebrows and bangs and included a "Cage" set of accessories. Last detail would be the right insignia.

#52 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

You do know that to do a McCoy or Scotty custom dress uniform, you will need a MM Spock... Only Kirk and Spock, oh and commodore Mendez, etc. had the wide strip down the centre of the tunic. In Mirror Mirror, Spock is basically wearing McCoy's dress uniform with added details and sash. I think one could make a dress uniform Spock from the TRU release.

#53 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ May 28 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last detail would be the right insignia.

The insignia, I think, will be an easy fix.

I'm just going to fill it and re-paint it.

I was looking at screen caps at both the Cage and WNMHGB, and I actually think Spocks eyebrows / hair is more desheveled/bushy in WNMHGB. After looking at more screen caps of the cage, I decided I'm ok with the head sculpt.

But yes, a new head sculpt and some new accessories would have been nice.

#54 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Tiberius @ May 29 2009, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do know that to do a McCoy or Scotty custom dress uniform, you will need a MM Spock... Only Kirk and Spock, oh and commodore Mendez, etc. had the wide strip down the centre of the tunic. In Mirror Mirror, Spock is basically wearing McCoy's dress uniform with added details and sash. I think one could make a dress uniform Spock from the TRU release.

Its really not a big issue considering that considerable shaving has to occur with the medal and the badges. When doing that one could just shave down the thicker strip into a thinner one. I think it would actually take more time to modify the mirror spock because of the jacket being opened on the figure. With the dress uniform scotty i was initially considering going for the later season look with the kilt but realized that would be a huge undertaking finding the right set of legs to use.

#55 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:18 PM

My local TRU had a peg of these today. 3 x Kirk, 2 x Spock, 1 x McCoy. Only Kirk with stickers. I grabbed one Spock in case the one I ordered via TRU.com is mushed. It still hasn't arrived yet...

#56 Half-Breed

Half-Breed

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ May 28 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got my order of Spocks in today from TRU. You know, i like this figure, but it would have been so great if DST could have made a new Headsculpt with the different eyebrows and bangs and included a "Cage" set of accessories. Last detail would be the right insignia.

I was a little bummed as well; was hoping for something closer to this photoshopped custom I did a while back:

But not sure I can cut into the existing sculpt's bowl-cut enough to make it work. I'm just glad I finally have a Cage Spock to go with Pike. And REALLY looking forward to the Mark Lenard Romulan and Kirk Romulan coming down the pike.

#57 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

You guys should check out Locutus of Tuborg's custom Cage Spock. I think it looks pretty damn perfect.

#58 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Quadrotritacale @ Jun 2 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys should check out Locutus of Tuborg's custom Cage Spock. I think it looks pretty damn perfect.

Wheres it at so i dont spend an hour looking for it?

#59 NCC-1701

NCC-1701

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:46 PM

Ok, the Cage Spock is now available for order at BBTS. A little pricey though.

https://www.bigbadto...amp;mode=retail

#60 LocutusOfTuborg

LocutusOfTuborg

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Jun 3 2009, 02:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wheres it at so i dont spend an hour looking for it?

Hehehehe... It was a "Where no man has gone before" Spock. Here you go:

wink.gif
LoT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users