6 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:51 AM

Hey All,

I apologize in advance as I do not know A.) where to post this; B.) how to report this

That said - I am 99.99% sure that my account has been spammed - I received a personal message that my account/computer is displaying "virus activity" - which I'm not sure how that can be determined through a forum based website - especially one that I rarely come to any more...

just thought I would let everyone know

Hope everyone is well - happy collecting

SS

#2 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:08 AM

I have an identical message in my in box as well . Do NOT click the link contained within , it will download a trojan onto your computer .

I just reported the sender's name to FHC .

#3 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Commodore Kor'Tar @ Jan 30 2010, 02:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an identical message in my in box as well . Do NOT click the link contained within , it will download a trojan onto your computer .

I just reported the sender's name to FHC .

Yeah I reported the name to TheHSBR - but yeah don't click on that clink (I didn't)

SS

#4 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 03:04 AM

Say good bye to MannInBlackk

Guy's a try very hard to keep all spammers out of the forum, but sometimes one get by me. AS everyone that is a member here knows that once you sign up you had to get Adm approval. I try my best.

DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!!

#5 Scarlet Spider

Scarlet Spider

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (FHC @ Jan 30 2010, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Say good bye to MannInBlackk

Guy's a try very hard to keep all spammers out of the forum, but sometimes one get by me. AS everyone that is a member here knows that once you sign up you had to get Adm approval. I try my best.

DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!!

I think you do an excellent job there FHC, sometimes the "enemy" gets crafty but as soon as they SPAM someone on the forum they're toast -thanks for taking care of this super fast I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we appreciate the work you put in to make this forum something that is high quality.

SS

#6 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:40 AM

Here here! We have our own virus and spam protection anyways , (at least most of us do!) Thank you FHC for keeping us safe from the hackers ! smile.gif

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:45 AM

I'll be honest guys. This time I shut them down but with the hours that I work, most of the time the first line of defense is TheHSBR and Slayerone76. We are lucky to have a great staff as well. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users