Romulan figure

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tazzy2918

tazzy2918

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:19 AM

Hello all, I am new here. Does anyone know when TRU will have the Romulan figure in store? Thanks!

#2 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (tazzy2918 @ Dec 14 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all, I am new here. Does anyone know when TRU will have the Romulan figure in store? Thanks!

As of Dec. 1st, DST is estimating the Romulan Kirk/Spock 2-pack at 2/24. Since Kirk will likely use the same body as the Romulan, my guess would be that they'd all be run at the same time, putting him at about the same date. I just recently looked on ebay and found an auction for a pre-ordered Romulan which stated 1/4. Believe who you will, since we all know around here just how fluid DST release dates are, I'd be inclined to believe the 2/24 date. Possibly even early March. Then again, I'm cynical that way.

#3 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

ToysRus.com says their fourth series of exclusive Star Trek figures which features Kirk (with a new face sculpt), Scotty, and the Romulan is expected to come out on January 4th. That's the release date I'm really really hoping for. I want that Kirk figure bad. Luckily, ToysRus seems to be better at meeting release dates for DST figures than DST themselves. Kang was supposed to come out in November and did, perhaps even earlier than originally projected (if I'm not mistaken). I think that's a good sign.

#4 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:44 AM

Ugh...it's too bad that I don't even really care about this figure, even though it's "new." I use quotes because they really created the random centurion head because it was cheaper than producing the Mark Lenard Romulan and having to paint the body different. This way they can run all of the bodies with blue and save money...at least that is how it looks to this layman.

Now, I know that some people like army builders and would love a whole wave of red shirts, but IMO the best figures are those that correspond to a character. Now...if the centurion were being released in addition to the Mark Lenard Romulan, that'd be a different story I suppose. However, since that is extremely unlikely to ever see the light of day it just seems like a way to cheap out while supporting yet another Spock/Kirk two pack. I'd rather they scrap the two pack and the centurion and just get out the Mark Lenard sculpt. But that's just me.

I hope those who are really passionate about this figure get their hands on it. I also do hope my pre-order comes through. But if it doesn't, I will not be stalking eBay to track it down. At least not for a few years.

Sorry...just disappointed by the recent Q&A (other thread)...it's making me bitter.

Oh...and PS...Kang was actually supposed to be out Sept. 30 and got pushed back into November. He was not, in any way, on time. Whoever said 2/24 I imagine they are more on the mark. But...you never know.

#5 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees @ Dec 14 2009, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then again, I'm cynical that way.

That's quite all right.. the cynic in me says we'll never see these. sad.gif

#6 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

Unless they fill half the case with this figure, I truly expect nothing but anguish, alienation, and pure anger stemming from this figure's release. People will most likely be buying multiples for army-builders when they can, which leaves it's impending release to look even worse than Kang, so what is going to happen? If DST is willing to slap their loyal following in the face like that, then what is there going to be left to hang around for?

#7 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:30 PM

Doesn't TRU get what they order not what DST packs? I mean TRU could have only ordered a limited amount.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users