Photo

Will the Borg wave still make it to the stores?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

Has anyone noticed the Promotional Flyer that comes with the TWOK Phaser? It says the Borg figures are coming soon. Is this a mistake?

#2 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

Probably printed before being cancelled, would be my guess. I'm pretty sure the 2-pack Klingons were advertised on the backs of packages that reached Toys, and I don't see them coming. wink.gif

#3 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:46 PM

That's what I figured. Too bad sad.gif

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

Save that insert for your "oh what could have been" scrap book!

#5 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (Gothneo @ Oct 29 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Save that insert for your "oh what could have been" scrap book!

Almost my entire BBTS pre-order list reads like an "oh what could have been" scrap book. I have watched all year as everything else arrived and shipped uncanceled, on schedule...and the DST Trek items just stacked up and up at the top.

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Whirlygig @ Oct 30 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Almost my entire BBTS pre-order list reads like an "oh what could have been" scrap book. I have watched all year as everything else arrived and shipped uncanceled, on schedule...and the DST Trek items just stacked up and up at the top.

I know....just one after another... Its so disappointing !!! I really wanted the Borg Queen and 7 sad.gif

#7 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:04 PM

Now that the TWOK phaser is here, I think that's all that's left in my preorder list a BBTS is cancelled DST stuff. Oh, and the "unannounced" Enterprise-B and Excelsior. That poor phaser is just gonna sit there until I can find some stuff to ship along with it.

#8 QuePaso?

QuePaso?

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

Just got official cancellation from BBTS:

Hi - Diamond has just informed us that this item has been cancelled, and as a result they will not be able to fill our orders. We are very sorry for the problem on this item. We will need to cancel all orders in our system and remove the item from our site. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Hopefully they'll still find a way to get these figures out, even if it is in 2015.

#9 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:57 PM

put simply; no, i don't think we'll see anything that has been previously canceled from DST - i think the last figures in this scale from DST will be Chapel and Rand and maybe a few of the others from wave 5 TOS as exclusives at SDCC or NYTF10, i think the deal they have with Playmates will be how they go about producing figures now and it makes a lot of sense - one scale, one line, one legacy - as with Star Wars, Star Trek could have a huge array of different characters in the 3 3/4 scale which perhaps could include borg figures in the future but as for this line - i doubt it very much - we'll see i guess at TF next feb.

#10 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 07:16 PM

I still think the future of this line will be determined when the recession ends. Who knows what will happen when things pick up.

#11 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

Despite my usually negative outlook, I agree that this line could/should still have some life left in it. I think between the recession and some questionable choices on their part, there is a lag...but hopefully the deal with PM will give Trek Toys the boost they need to reinvigorate this line as well.

I am holding out for that because I think the 7" are of way better detail and quality than any 3 3/4 I've seen and I would very much prefer 7" to those.

#12 gkap

gkap

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (weyoun_9 @ Nov 25 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Despite my usually negative outlook, I agree that this line could/should still have some life left in it. I think between the recession and some questionable choices on their part, there is a lag...but hopefully the deal with PM will give Trek Toys the boost they need to reinvigorate this line as well.

I am holding out for that because I think the 7" are of way better detail and quality than any 3 3/4 I've seen and I would very much prefer 7" to those.

I also like the 7" scale. I really hope it doesn't end.

#13 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 01:25 PM

^ in keeping with MY negative outlook, while there are figures I'd still like to see, and untapped potential in the line, I do NOT believe that it will be explored by anybody in a position to do so. Trek has proven itself not to be a high enough seller to justify:

the completion of the DS9 crew
the borg wave (7 of 9 of all character can't generate enough orders?!)
Gul Dukat, or for that matter ANYTHING 24th century related
TOS wave 5 is looking shaky at best for being released.

I believe there's a general consensus brewing at DST that the 7" line has run its course, and that they're even deciding to push forward with 3.75" figures is a testament to their willingness to stick with the franchise as a whole just a little while longer. If those figures don't hop off the shelves, Trek figures are probably done completely for the near term. I, for one am very sad at this. I don't like 3" figures. I don't want them. I never wanted them. I won't buy them. I want more detail than you can get in that scale. I realize that I'm in the minority and I'm OK with that though. The 7" line was nice while it lasted.

#14 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 04:12 PM

Hmmmm...

Well I love 3.75". I also love the 7" scale.

I can't get that excited about 3.75" until we move beyond TOS, though as soon as we move beyond TOS things start selling bad & the line will probably end.

I bought a few of the 7" Kirk figures, just to be supportive...but I won't be buying all those same Kirks again in 3.75".

Wait...what is this thread about??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users