gkap's Content

There have been 17 items by gkap (Search limited from 26-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#53451 Round2 (AMT/Ertl) reissues.

Posted by gkap on 12 July 2010 - 04:15 AM in Ertl / AMT

I saw that article and picked up what I needed for lighting from radio shack yesterday. I'll try to post pics when I can.

#53442 Round2 (AMT/Ertl) reissues.

Posted by gkap on 11 July 2010 - 05:41 PM in Ertl / AMT

Hello all Haven't posted in awhile but I just wanted to say that I just picked up the k7 reissue and on the side panel it says that the galileo and the klingon battlecruiser will be returning soon. Just thought I'd pass that along.

#48380 Romulan figure

Posted by gkap on 14 December 2009 - 02:30 PM in AA / DST

Doesn't TRU get what they order not what DST packs? I mean TRU could have only ordered a limited amount.

#48362 TOS Wave 5

Posted by gkap on 14 December 2009 - 09:50 AM in AA / DST

The salt vampire was the one I wanted the most.

#48214 So who's all worried that we'll see a repeat of the Kang debacle...

Posted by gkap on 09 December 2009 - 08:24 PM in AA / DST

12 pegs! My TRU only has three.

#48112 twok phaser

Posted by gkap on 06 December 2009 - 03:00 PM in AA / DST

I wasn't expecting different sounds.

#48095 Custom TWOK phaser re-build

Posted by gkap on 05 December 2009 - 07:26 PM in Props

what did you use for the hologram piping on the sides?

#47754 twok phaser

Posted by gkap on 25 November 2009 - 05:21 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Zodou @ Nov 25 2009, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I think gkap is referring to the TMP phaser, poking a little fun at that phaser's multi-colored control panel.

Yes I was.

#47730 Will the Borg wave still make it to the stores?

Posted by gkap on 25 November 2009 - 01:07 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (weyoun_9 @ Nov 25 2009, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Despite my usually negative outlook, I agree that this line could/should still have some life left in it. I think between the recession and some questionable choices on their part, there is a lag...but hopefully the deal with PM will give Trek Toys the boost they need to reinvigorate this line as well.

I am holding out for that because I think the 7" are of way better detail and quality than any 3 3/4 I've seen and I would very much prefer 7" to those.

I also like the 7" scale. I really hope it doesn't end.

#47720 twok phaser

Posted by gkap on 25 November 2009 - 12:05 PM in AA / DST

Now when are we going to get the rainbow bright phaser?

#47695 Will the Borg wave still make it to the stores?

Posted by gkap on 24 November 2009 - 07:16 PM in AA / DST

I still think the future of this line will be determined when the recession ends. Who knows what will happen when things pick up.

#47693 Enterprise-E Nacelle lights modification

Posted by gkap on 24 November 2009 - 06:44 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (Thomas E. Johnson @ Nov 24 2009, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Its very tricky to get that right. Your better off getting a sharp hard lead pencil and coloring them in.

I don't know the size of the ship as I don't have one but on my amt/ertl model of the "E" I used a very fine tip sharpie in black and a white veryfine tip paint marker and it worked great.

#47591 New Star Trek Edition blog at art asylum's web site

Posted by gkap on 22 November 2009 - 10:33 AM in AA / DST

QUOTE (slayerone76 @ Nov 22 2009, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Let's all not forget that we are in one of the biggest financial slumps we've probably ever experienced in our short-lived lives.

Toys, in general, are not selling that well right now. Add in the fact that the loyalist Trek fan-base is so caught up in detail that they can't enjoy the toys anymore and we have a down-turn in sells.

I am glad that DST has stuck with us all these years. I can't even imagine the ugly, horrible messages they have received over the years because someone had a 1/100 of a nanometer gap in the neck of their $25 ship (just as an example mind you).

The fact that DST is even trying anymore still gives me hope.

I mean, we didn't even get BAD news this go round that we didn't already know or expect. Things aren't going well. DST still wants to get product out there ... somehow ... despite the fact that we aren't buying. What more should we expect?

I agree, I believe that the main problem with things not selling is the recession. I myself cut back drastically when I lost my job. I assume this happened to alot of other people. I think the real test will be when we get out of the recession, then we'll see what happens.

#47218 TRU Rerelease Mirror Mirror Spock, Kirk, & Kang

Posted by gkap on 08 November 2009 - 03:32 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE (JMW326 @ Nov 8 2009, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    I went ahead and picked up the new mirror Kirk. I like it better than AA release. It is amazing what a decent paint job can do. My AA Kirk looks pale and yellow and the gold shirt looks like the paint is rubbing off. The new ones shirt looks as if it is molded in that color and is darker. I am pretty impressed. I may go back and pick up Spock.

I agree I think the new mirror kirk looks great but I'm not so sure I likre the new mirror spock.

#47177 TRU Rerelease Mirror Mirror Spock, Kirk, & Kang

Posted by gkap on 06 November 2009 - 05:41 PM in AA / DST

I got lucky and got on e at a local TRU but it was the only one there.

#46935 Romulan Kirk and Spock 2 Pack.

Posted by gkap on 28 October 2009 - 06:02 PM in AA / DST

I would love to have a spocko with a tommy gun

#46928 twok phaser

Posted by gkap on 28 October 2009 - 03:22 PM in AA / DST

Got mine yesterday.