No Reliant

http://news.toyark.c...tar-trek-289956

#42 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:12 PM

Are you kidding me?!?! Diamond Select just completely summed up toy fair for Star Trek Toys: abysmal.

#43 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

So they decided to throw a boxed up Enterprise A and a standless TOS Enterprise on a bottom shelf somewhere.

Zachs tweet of Why not both? when I asked if theyd have Trek or if wed be disappointed again makes sense now.

I think QMx had a solid Trek display, and Mcfarlane show d everything coming out soon.

Trek isnt a big merchandise brand so expecting something like Star Wars is expecting too much.

#44 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Im certainly not expecting a Star Wars sized merchandising machine but Im so disappointed in what weve seen from every company. Theres actually nothing brand new, its all items weve seen before!!!

Lets start with the turd in the room:

Diamond Select Toys:
What an utter joke. Three action figures and two ships plus the TNG phaser supposedly in development and all they can muster are ships weve seen and got before multiple times over the last 10-15 years... thats a shambles.

Quantum Mechanix:
Weve seen all of those 12 inch figures before... nothing new at all. Three new magnetic badges, a Locutus figure and a crappy Enterprise D in the same scale as a far superior one from Eaglemoss... big woop...

McFarlane:
Weve seen this stuff before!!!! Its nothing new at all.

Gentle Giant:
Some plastic ships that you stick to surfaces?!? Right, ok...

What an utter disaster Star Trek merchandise has become. Utterly redundant and useless.

#45 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

QMx is the only company making Trek that shows new product at pretty much every event.

The Locutus Mini Master is first in a new line of statues, which for people that like articulated stuff may not be exciting, but for those of us that prefer statues it certainly is.

The Enterprise D is a tough call. Just from looking at the picture I posted, the deflector sculpt is more accurate than Eaglemosss, so overall it may be a more accurate sculpt than what we have already.

If it does come with the first Mission Crate, Ill be sure to do a comparison.

The badges are one of my favorite lines from them, I just love them. They revealed, what, 4 new ones today? The black badge, Klingon badge, Cadet badge, and TNG Mirror Universe badge. That is awesome.

#46 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:09 PM

Alteran195, what is that Voyager model in the picture you posted from ToyFair?

#47 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

Alteran195, what is that Voyager model in the picture you posted from ToyFair?

This?

IYWOwR2.jpg

That's my desk at home, the model is the Bandai Voayger.

I took it to try and get a sense of size for the QMx Enterprise D by comparing the Eaglemoss one to a different QMx Mini Master.

#48 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:28 PM

They need to come clean and tell us they aren’t making anything new. This is bad comedy.

#49 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:55 AM

Well DST had more Star Trek than I expected. I wonder if they have to at least put one item out each year to keep their license? Maybe that's why they're dragging these things out just trying to hold onto it? I'm more disappointed in McFarlane, I was really hoping they would start to create some decent waves of figures. Perhaps they are just testing the waters with these two. If so I'm worried it might not be a good test, since we all have those two figures multiple times. I know personally I'm not buying into this line until I see something new.

#50 Dilithium1

Dilithium1

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Zack on twitter:

"No, we still have the license. Just making more of those ships and offering them to retailers. It's a retailer show. May have a few different Trek pieces done by C2E2."

Also Alterean asked this:

https://twitter.com/...391665145008128

I would buy the NCC-1701-A if they fixed the wonky registry issue.

#51 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:04 AM

Also Alterean asked this:

https://twitter.com/...391665145008128

I would buy the NCC-1701-A if they fixed the wonky registry issue.

Oh yeah, forgot to post my tweet here. 

Thanks!

Its just a joke, how many shows has it been now that they've had nothing Trek related?  

#52 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:24 AM

It is a joke. Star Trek has been really poorly treated by DST. No wonder theres little to no retailer interest in their Star Trek merchandise.

#53 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:13 PM

It's always been a bit chicken or egg with DST, I feel. They solicit cool stuff that never comes out due to lack of retailer interest, but it happened enough in the past (or stuff is so delayed) that it's hard to BUILD consumer interest for their new stuff. When the Select Khan came out, I'd totally forgotten about it existing. And I say this as someone who likes a lot of what they do. But, it feels like their Star Trek stuff is kept JUST at the point of staying afloat to keep the license. I appreciate the quality of the ships and role-play that DST put out, but it's clear they've put their priorities elsewhere. It's just frustrating as a fan. But I do appreciate that Trek merch sales have been soft for a while. 

A friend covering Toy Fair said that DST are still planning the Reliant, TNG Phaser, and Borg. So... in the works. Sigh.

#54 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

Meanwhile, Eaglemoss will release 30-40 new ships this year, and Hasbro will release *at least* 90 -- NINETY -- Marvel Legends action figures this year...  and even Mega Bloks will be giving us a little bitty Data figure...

#55 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:18 PM

Wow. 90 MLs... good thing I'm getting picky about 'em!

#56 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 03:21 PM

Heh.  When it already looked like 2018 was shaping up to be a killer, epic, golden age (as in for toys, not comics) ML year, I did the opposite -- I buckled in for a completist ride...   :o

#57 Jay K

Jay K

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Interests:Music, Star Trek, and gaming.

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:10 PM

"This is a show for retailers to order product."

So that's why they're not showing their future products that will be highly sought after by Star Trek fans! Allow me:

Spoiler

#58 Alteran195

Alteran195

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

Nothing gets retailers more excited than several year old products collectors dont care about anymore.

#59 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:51 AM

Well... DST replied on Twitter:

A few of the items we have in development are nearing completion, hope to reveal them soon -- not the ones you are expecting, though.

Retailers are asking us to run more of these ships, so they look at these and place orders. Old ship sales fund new ship sales. We are not happy about the delay on some items, but other Trek items are moving faster than expected, and we are excited to show them off.

It seems as though there is some movement on Star Trek at DST. Id surmise that they have the Kelvin Timeline movies licence and have product being shown to retailers based on that licence.

I think by SDCC we could see more Trek merchandise than weve seen in a while. Im just sad that Star Trek doesnt seem to be something that really inspires kids play anymore, thats a sad thing that can only be rectified by CBS or Paramount agreeing to make an Animated TV series and getting Playmates back to do the toys... like theyve done with TMNT

#60 s8film40

s8film40

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:59 AM

Well... DST replied on Twitter:

It seems as though there is some movement on Star Trek at DST. Id surmise that they have the Kelvin Timeline movies licence and have product being shown to retailers based on that licence.

I think by SDCC we could see more Trek merchandise than weve seen in a while. Im just sad that Star Trek doesnt seem to be something that really inspires kids play anymore, thats a sad thing that can only be rectified by CBS or Paramount agreeing to make an Animated TV series and getting Playmates back to do the toys... like theyve done with TMNT

I know you really want to see Kelvin stuff, but I don't think I would get my hopes up for that. The last movie bombed and the franchise is now two years in the past. I can't imagine any retailer wanting to touch this.

Also I don't think we need an animated series to get toys. There was no animated series in the 90's and that was the largest toy line we've ever gotten. We just need a good series that gets a good amount of mass appeal. Now more than ever even the most obscure stuff is getting toy lines, so if there's anything there someone will be happy to make them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users