Toy Fair

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 Gardi

Gardi

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:58 PM

I've not posted anywhere for a long time but i thought i'd chip in my tuppence worth on the Toyfair showings.
The Ent B is nice but my goodness how long do we have to wait.They showed this at Toyfair last year.
The Pike looks good but you can keep it in the abscence of any proper action figures.No action figures seems like a real issue to me.Figures are the underpinning of the line and not to show any at all at Toyfair is strange and worrying.
The Bird of Prey looks really nice but i'd much preferred to have seen a Klngon Battlecruiser.They could've done a TV version and a movie version.Two ships based on the same mold as in years gone by.
The Klingon disruptor?Before a Next Gen or Star Trek 3 Phaser.Nope not for me.A very strange choice indeed.
Strange times indeed.I know retail support is not what it was but there is still a solid demand out there especially from the specialty shops.Even AA back in the day managed to get their figures out in a more orderly fashion and that,as i'm sure some remember,is really saying something.

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hey Gardi, Good to see you post again!

I don't think specialty shops are what they were a few years ago... in fact I don't know of any Mass Retail that fully supports the trek line at all... unless you know of some?

TRU is about the only mass retail I know that even carries these lines any more, and they don't support the full line...

#23 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 04:31 PM

Happy Dance!!

#24 yiggy

yiggy

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (Gardi @ Feb 15 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've not posted anywhere for a long time but i thought i'd chip in my tuppence worth on the Toyfair showings.
The Ent B is nice but my goodness how long do we have to wait.They showed this at Toyfair last year.
The Pike looks good but you can keep it in the abscence of any proper action figures.No action figures seems like a real issue to me.Figures are the underpinning of the line and not to show any at all at Toyfair is strange and worrying.
The Bird of Prey looks really nice but i'd much preferred to have seen a Klngon Battlecruiser.They could've done a TV version and a movie version.Two ships based on the same mold as in years gone by.
The Klingon disruptor?Before a Next Gen or Star Trek 3 Phaser.Nope not for me.A very strange choice indeed.
Strange times indeed.I know retail support is not what it was but there is still a solid demand out there especially from the specialty shops.Even AA back in the day managed to get their figures out in a more orderly fashion and that,as i'm sure some remember,is really saying something.

Personally would have preferred the Klingon Battlecruiser, D-7 or refit, but I understand the popularity of the BoP. Since it basically has run through TMPs and NG, there are lots of variations that can be done cheaply. Sales tipped the balance here I think.

That being said, I agree that the Klingon Disruptor is a huge boondoggle. I understand the need to do something different but a ST 3 or ST 5 Phaser would be the better choice from a sale point of view.

-Y

#25 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

I don't think it's strange at all to see the Klingon disruptor before TNG. Moreover, I would be shocked to find ANY 24th century trek of any kind coming out. All indications from the very beginning have been that TNG far undersold its target numbers, and that the market for that stuff is near bone-dry. DST did some of its best work on the E-D, IMO, and they're struggling to make any money off it.

I have to say though, that while the BoP is pretty cool, I really don't care for any of the stuff previewed. Meh. Oh well. I can only hope I'm in the minority, or the line is toast.

#26 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

Glad to see you again Gardi, seems like its been years since i last saw you post. Does anyone know where to find any decent Star Trek ToyFair shots of the Retro Star Trek stuff? Anyone with good links, please post them, thanks!

#27 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

Yeah I'd love to see the pix of the Retro Trek, but...I think those were no pictures allowed as well...but that hasn't stopped people from taking pix of the BoP. please post if ya have a link to pix!!

#28 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hey Guys .... Long time, no see ! I hope all are well :-) Well.... I think the Excelsior toy must be ready as well...Did anyone notice those are excelsior engines on the B !!!! There are screw holes in the bottom so those must be production run parts.... So an excelsior must be on the way !!!

#29 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 06:31 PM

From all the posts on other sites, it sounds like DST is not allowing pictures to be taken of the Retro stuff...

Most likely it's still pending approval.

We'll probably have to wait til DST actually announces them...

#30 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Hopefully the Kingon ship and distruptor will have enough presells to make it to market.

I am 90% a 7 inch figure collector, so I am very dissapointed.

Here' what could have been:

http://www.cooltoyre...-ST/default.asp

#31 iams001efni

iams001efni

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:04 PM

This might be of interest.

check out the Trek Stuff on the right side in the photo, I am not sure if theres any new stuff, but what the heck.

http://www.cooltoyre...CTR/image10.asp

I think I can make out

the WOK Enterprise
2 NCC-1701s I think... one below the WOK ent, and one near the edge of the picutre
a TOS tricorder

#32 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

The BOP looks GREAT! I really hope that makes it out....

Sallah

#33 X-Ray

X-Ray

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:32 AM

Interested in the Bird of Prey, but sadly, nothing else. The Enterprise-B instead of the Defiant, Voyager, A Runabout or the Delta Flyer?

#34 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Sybeck1 @ Feb 15 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hopefully the Kingon ship and distruptor will have enough presells to make it to market.

I am 90% a 7 inch figure collector, so I am very dissapointed.

Here' what could have been:

http://www.cooltoyre...-ST/default.asp

I shed a tear every time I see the Silver Seven.

#35 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:59 PM

That link of what could have been is so depressing. Chapel, Seven, Mark Lenard Romulan, Dukat...sigh...

#36 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

Hey what is this wierd Star Trek crossover thing in the pictures here from the Diamond Booth???

http://www.toyark.co...fair-2010-2394/

#37 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

Looks to be an odd chibi inspired Spock . They decide not to make action figures and yet they make that drek? WTF? O.o

#38 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

Those are bearbricks and they are not made by DST. They are done by Medicom. So before we start getting on DST's case about these odd little things let's educate ourselves.Bearbricks

#39 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

That looked like a Mickey Mouse Spock to me. So Far i am disappointed in this years ToyFair. I do like the new Retro Mego figures, but it would be nice to see pictures of them all.

#40 tuvok47

tuvok47

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (VulcanFanatic @ Feb 17 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That looked like a Mickey Mouse Spock to me. So Far i am disappointed in this years ToyFair. I do like the new Retro Mego figures, but it would be nice to see pictures of them all.

You know you want it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users