Photo

CBS makes offer to acquire Viacom - National Amusements Left hand lowballs its right???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

We'll have to see if it goes anywhere... I must confess since both CBS and Viacom are owned by National Amusements... it kinda seems like a case of me paying myself money to do something... I guess I don't get how any real money.. or value to National Amusements changes... but I'm sure there are all kinds of tricky book keeping that goes on!

#2 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:18 AM

If they can get Trek under one umbrella, with a steward who has a singular vision for the franchise, I'm all for it. Personally I think Trek belongs on TV. I see no reason why feature films are required, especially given Netflix's continuing efforts into big-budget movies and ongoing series.

Gimme episodic Star Trek set aboard an Enterprise fulfilling the mission statement and I'm happy.

#3 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:18 AM

The drama is pretty fun to watch though.

http://www.latimes.c...0411-story.html

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

I think it'd be a mistake to oust Moonves... he seems to have been running his end much better than Viacom has been running Paramount. 

I Agree with your statement that trek belongs on TV. Regardless of the missteps on S1 of DISCO... I think it showed that a TV show was the way to go. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users