• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#41 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:45 PM

I hope it will still look like the cyberwoman character on Torchwood. Isnt she the same actress? I want to do a custom!!

#42 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

I have not seen Torchwood, but I believe I heard they are both played by Freema Agyeman.

#43 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:49 PM

An image of Sec:

#44 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:44 PM

Some more Who figures:

Dr. Constantine is in interesting (& somewhat odd) choice! He was in one of the few episodes I have seen.

Gelth Zombie & Space suit Doctor figures are very nice looking.

#45 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:22 PM

A screen capture from something called the "Blue Peter Special"
I believe they were showing folk how to make a custom Tardis interior (pictured).

In this pic we see a 5" figure of cat nun Novice Hame....which we didn't even know was coming out, though we had seen proto's of the 12" version.

#46 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:25 AM

Isnt Blue Peter, the one that makes every thing out of "PVA paste and card", or "white glue and cardboard" to us North Americans? That looks really nice and I cant wait to empty my bank account to get all these figures!

#47 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

It is a good idea for those who could not afford the actual Tardis playset.

I also cannot wait to get my hands on these. I've asked my local toy store if they can order them in, they'll get back to me in a few days & hopefully all should be good.

A better pic of Novice Hame from OPG:

Like most the 5" proto's, she will have more movement by release.

Also some pics of the 12" line including Sec, Martha & Novice:

#48 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:12 AM

^How is the character of Martha compared to the character of Rose? The new season doesn't start in the US for a few more weeks (I think IIRC), and I really liked Rose, so I'm just curious if I'm going to be pleased or disappointed by the Doctor's new companion.

#49 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:43 PM

I'm wondering the same thing. Season 3 has not played at all in Australia yet.

I saw a little clip from her first episode on Youtube....it will take a little while to warm up to her, but I definately will.

Billie Piper was excellent...especially in that last scene with The Doctor on the beach...& her goodbye to Mickey...had me in tears!! biggrin.gif

I will miss her (much like the 9th Doctor) but I am up for the change.

#50 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:59 PM

I think I really like Martha, if they continue to write her well, I think I might even like her as much as Artistix likes Crusher...
I am thinking that if I get my butt in gear, I may do a custom of the Cyberwoman from Torchwood. I heard speculation that this was her final/only season, if this is true I will not be happy with the show due to the short commitments they have shown thus far. I want a novice figure from the New Earth episode that introduced her and the others to be done next, you cant get enough feline women can you?

#51 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:30 PM

Flight Control Tardis:

From an Outpost Gallifrey member, & Character Options employee (I gather):

Hi,
Just to clear this up!

Both doors open inwards like the prop. the left (looking at front) door is spring loaded and clicks into place in the fully loaded position. the right door is also spring loaded but has a trigger release button cunningly built into the parquet flooring.

Anyone who has ever built a model TARDIS will have dealt with the hassle of trying to pull doors shut using very tiny handles so to eliminate this and make it a servicable toy I chose to make it so that to close the doors you manually pull on the left and it springs shut ... then you trigger the right hand door and it springs forward and is also held shut. As the left has the central lip the rule is always left first, right second.

The reason for both doors opening is that although it's the correct size its bloody dificult to get multiple figures inside through one door only ... even one figure is a squeeze PLUS we have the interior panel and electronics to accomodate so we lose about a 3rd of the servicable space inside. Also we wanted to keep the electronics south of the rear and side windows to minimise disruption to the lit window effect.

Anyway there you go ... it also has the small telephone door which we had to build a recess inside to accomodate.

General features:
*Pick it up - hear one of several random takeoff effects
*place it down and hear random landing effects
*Spin it in flight to hear warping effect
*shake it once to get a single vortex crash sound
*open either or both doors to hear ambient console sounds and pulsing interior light
*light up windows and police box signs

All the above instantly change if you move or open the box so you can crash land it and takeoff without pausing or having to hear the full sound effect ... making it much more playable.

Hope this clears it up a bit

The Character

#52 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:53 PM

Some more pics from Outpost Gallifrey:

'The Satan Pit'

#53 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:35 PM

Brannigan...Scarecrows....sweet: biggrin.gif

#54 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

I have found a great source for Dr Who in US, thus Canada too. Apparently they can even ship back to Europe for a comparable amount, if you buy six with shipping. I think that was the formula that I suggested to Artistix going to Austraila.
The company is Mike's Comics, even though there is a delay, I can get my figures at $8 each, no not AU tongue.gif US.
Because of him, I have Tardis Interior, Dr 9&10(w + w/o coat) Rose, Martha, Cybermen, Daleks, Judons, Slytheen, Clockwork men, Autons, Jack, and a Sycorax on the way. The only downside is that they have to be bought by Underground Toys and then arrive with him before you get them. Postage is accurate, and so far I have received them all in record time. The Tardis Int. is going for $52, I think shipping would have been 20, had I not added a ton of figures to it.
I highly recomend them to all the Americans that want who for less then eBay. Mike prefers one on one contact, either email or phone, he does not have a "basket" in his site, but I promise great personal service. Tell em Tiberius (in Calgary) told you. *he doesnt know me by Tiberius, but he might by Calgary... biggrin.gif

#55 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:11 PM

Oh, I should add that Chip, Ood, damaged Manhattan Dalek, Mickey, Spacesuit Doctor are coming up in mid August. Plus Brannigan, Scarecrows and Dalek Sec(hope the hybrid) are up in Sept.

#56 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:22 PM

A new department store has opened up in my city called Target. Much to my surprise they had the Series 2 figures!

I only had enough to buy the black Clockwork man, but I'll be going back for the rest.

CO have shown some new images over at Outpost Gallifrey:

No Face Granny Conolly & The Wire
Hoix
Evil Toby

#57 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:13 AM

My Who collection is growing...

Really need to get the Doctors & Martha...they'll be next.

Granny Connolly's looking pretty good. Gotta have some grannys on your shelf!! biggrin.gif

Pic - OG member

#58 Wildcard

Wildcard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 11 2007, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new department store has opened up in my city called Target.

So Target has finally landed in Oz eh? Enjoy! I finally got a Target in my hometown so I don't have to drive an hour to get to the nearest one now! YAY

#59 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

I hadn't even known it was a good place to buy figures! So I am super glad it has arrived in my hometown as well.

#60 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

Adventures of Sarah Jane Smith figures & accessories:

http://www.whoblackp...se-c-3_386.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users