My Captain Kirk chair

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TheOriginalSeriesCollector

TheOriginalSeriesCollector

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, writing & collecting various things.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

I bought this back in March from a guy who makes props as a hobby, he's really good at what he does. I really like it, and since an official replica costs thousands of dollars, this 500 dollars purchase will do just fine for me. When I get my own house (living in an apartment at the moment), this will be the ideal piece of furniture for my collection/hobby/movie room. Pictures:

The only things not accurate is the bottom, which makes sense since this baby needs to be able to move. Also, the buttons for the red/yellow alerts and such is not accurate, he could not find the correct buttons for them, I don't remember why. You can plug this in as well. It gives you lights on the left arm of the chair and sound to the right by the click of a button. The red & yellow alerts also shines up if you push those buttons. You can record any sound you'd like through a recorder that is placed underneath the red/yellow alert plate, and then be able to play it, meaning you can change the sounds you currently have when you've grown tired of them.

Here's a video with a little demonstration and a better view of how it works:

Obviously this is one of my favorite pieces in my Star Trek collection. What do you guys think?

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:20 PM

I like it. This is the one I built myself. Build thread found here http://www.trektoy.c...?showtopic=2556

If you ever decide to build the bottom, let me know.

#3 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

I think both of your chairs look great. Mark, i dont think i ever told you how good of a job i think you did on that chair. I wish i had skills like that. Original series dude, i think i like yours also, i can see the advantage of having a swivel on the bottom of the chair. Does it rock as well?

#4 TheOriginalSeriesCollector

TheOriginalSeriesCollector

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, writing & collecting various things.

Posted 24 October 2009 - 06:58 PM

Thanks guys.

Mark: I may want to when I move into a house and the chair won't need to move around that much (since it will have a permament place in my hobby room). As it is now, it is taking up quite some place in my living room so we need to move it into the bedroom whenever we get company that requires a few extra chairs around the living room table. I'll be sure to let you know, thanks. I've read your thread by the way, what an amazing work you put into that chair! It was very interesting to follow the development.

VulcanFanatic: Indeed it does rock smile.gif

I'm almost afraid of sitting in the chair because I don't want to wear it out. I do, however, sit in it during our monthly poker games. Why? Because every time I go all in I press the red alert button roflmao.gif Hey, how many times do you get the chance to do such a thing and have a real reason for doing it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users