• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

So I got two additional Nemesis Geordi's in the mail yesterday from New Force, and it looks like someone had decided to take a seat on the box! I keep my fingers crossed, but alas, when I open the box, one of the two has it's backing board bend in half down the whole center of the back. The other one had slight damage, but is overall acceptable. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the fact I already opened one up for myself. wink.gif

My question is, is there any recourse I can take with UPS for a damaged package? Has anyone else ever dealt with this? Someone said something about how all UPS deliveries are insured, but I really don't know myself. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(reverie @ Apr 24 2007, 11:50 AM) View Post
So I got two additional Nemesis Geordi's in the mail yesterday from New Force, and it looks like someone had decided to take a seat on the box! I keep my fingers crossed, but alas, when I open the box, one of the two has it's backing board bend in half down the whole center of the back. The other one had slight damage, but is overall acceptable. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the fact I already opened one up for myself. wink.gif

My question is, is there any recourse I can take with UPS for a damaged package? Has anyone else ever dealt with this? Someone said something about how all UPS deliveries are insured, but I really don't know myself. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, Rev... that sucks!

I don't know a lot, but you can go onto UPS.com and create an acount and from them you can file a complaint. I had to a month ago because I never got a Deanna troi figure that was mailed from DST and now I have a form I have to fill out and they are going to reimburse me (I think). They took the value at my word so I should have said that my Troi was worth $100 (some S3 go for that on eBay, but this was a normal S7 one). Hope that helps...
I am sure someone around here has more knowledge.

#3 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Well...

If you get your money back and want to sell me a Nem Geordi Opener... PM me! I'll pay C+S!

#4 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE(reverie @ Apr 24 2007, 03:50 PM) View Post

hello all...
we use UPS because they are the most cost effective and efficient carrier...but, of late, we are getting more and more issues of transit damage...Rev...call UPS at 1800 PICK UPS and report the transit damage...give them the tracking #, and they will contact me about replacing...give actual value of $15, and I have one here I will replace your damaged one when they pay the claim...
or, if you want, since I have folks like gothneo that open, you can either sell it to him, or return it to me, and I can switch out, but that requires shipping costs (with a UPS claim, they pick up the shipping cost)...if you want to sell to Goth, lmk, and I will sell you my spare for same $15 (but again, have shipping cost to you)
lmk
rick

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:11 PM

Sounds like your best to follow the UPS procedure and return the damaged one to Rick...

BTW Rick if you get end up with an opener I'd be interested in picking it up.

Initially I wasn't interested in this figure, but darn it! The Great Quality of the Riker/Troi 2 pack has me hanker'in for a few more Nemesis figures!

No loss if I don't get one, but the reviews have been pretty good on it. I must confess I've been eyeing the "instock" ones on AFX!

#6 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:17 AM

Thank you all for the replies, and thank you for the information Rick! Maybe I'll try the UPS route for starters, and see where that leads. I'm not sure what'll all be involved, but it doesn't hurt. But I'll remember that you're looking for one Goth! wink.gif

#7 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

I

#8 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

My 1701 from Rick was also crushed when I received it from UPS.

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

QUOTE(reverie @ Apr 25 2007, 06:17 AM) View Post
. But I'll remember that you're looking for one Goth! wink.gif

Cool!

#10 kodiak8658

kodiak8658

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Apr 24 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
hello all...
we use UPS because they are the most cost effective and efficient carrier...but, of late, we are getting more and more issues of transit damage...Rev...call UPS at 1800 PICK UPS and report the transit damage...give them the tracking #, and they will contact me about replacing...give actual value of $15, and I have one here I will replace your damaged one when they pay the claim...
or, if you want, since I have folks like gothneo that open, you can either sell it to him, or return it to me, and I can switch out, but that requires shipping costs (with a UPS claim, they pick up the shipping cost)...if you want to sell to Goth, lmk, and I will sell you my spare for same $15 (but again, have shipping cost to you)
lmk
rick

Hi Rick,

Just wanted to say I've done business with you in the past and really loved the exclusives I received (Janeway and Art Asulym). Your service was outstanding. Second, I wanted to give you a heads up when it comes to UPS out of Florida. I have a friend that works for UPS here in the Tampa, Florida area and she said that in Jacksonville, they have a conveyor belt that drops all items passing through that hub around 10 feet. Since hearing that, I have discontinued all shipments with them. It is a probable chance that if your shipment survives the fall, that it will be crushed by whatever is falling next. I have found that of the big three, USPS Priority is by far the least expensive with the fastest ship time. FedEx is second. Also recently DHL has moved into the area and I used them once, but they accidently routed my package down to Miami before getting it to me, but it made it OK. Hope this helps.

#11 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:57 AM

UPS is just way too much of a hassle. My driver always comes between 10-2...well guess what...Im at work. On numerous occasions I had to drive 20 minutes to pick up my package. I wish Rick could give us an option to what service we wanted.

#12 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(thehsbr @ Apr 26 2007, 09:57 AM) View Post
UPS is just way too much of a hassle. My driver always comes between 10-2...well guess what...Im at work. On numerous occasions I had to drive 20 minutes to pick up my package. I wish Rick could give us an option to what service we wanted.

Our UPS guy comes between 2 and 5... the ONLY slot where no one at my apartment is home (I leave for work around 1:45)!

#13 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:54 AM

He sends it to me via USPS which I am very grateful for. I live in Canada so anything by UPS would cost an arm and a leg for brokerage fees. Thanks for the great packaging jobs on everything I've ordered Rick.

Thanks

#14 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 10:09 AM

I also buy and sell and move a lot of stuff on ebay, I will ask upfront if they state that shipping is by UPS if they would ship to me by USPS even at an extra cost to me, due to the fact that I have had terrible luck with UPS in the past.

Just this past Christmas a gift was delivered to me by UPS from family in South Carolina, the box was crushed and contents ruined, only some clothes and a cake but I was still pissed.

#15 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:46 PM

Well, I personally hate UPS with a passion, so if a seller on Ebay or anywhere insists that they must ship UPS, I will not buy from them, no matter what the item is...that's how much I hate UPS. (of course, if shipping from within Canada, that's a different story)

#16 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:10 PM

I agree Nighthawk...

UPS used to be cheaper for packages across country, but that's just not true anymore... unless they give a biz a huge discount, which I wouldn't know about.

I would love it if Rick offered USPS. In most cases, it's cheaper for me, and even if it's $1 or $2 more I always go with it as it's faster. Thing is they charge extra for the insurance and DC #, so maybe that's why UPS is preferred.

#17 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:39 PM

Well, for any Canadian customers, if you don't know this yet, if someone sends you something from the US using USPS, there is actually free tracking on it. It's something the post office doesn't tell you and may try to deny it, but every parcel has a customs number on it. It's just a barcode label and has a number on it. Packages can be tracked on www.usps.com and www.canadapost.ca using that Customs declaration number. You should ask your sellers and stuff even on Ebay if they can copy that number down and send it to you. I think it might also be on your receipt. So, if you are in Canada buying from the States, you don't need to use UPS or FedEx to get tracking number for your package.

#18 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:40 AM

Wow, at least I'm learning a bit about shipping here! My mom's fiance works for UPS (in PA), so I have to be nice. wink.gif But really, this is only the second time I've had an issue with them. One time they delivered to the wrong address, despite the label being correct. Funny enough that was from Rick too!

I still haven't heard anything from UPS. They said to hold onto the box and all for five days because they may send someone out to check it out. I'd be surprised if they did so for $15, but it's all sitting in my living room just in case they drop by! I'm just wondering if it's five days, or five "business days".

#19 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

UPS finally broke my spirit. They had never delievered my replacement Troi to me so I went through all the procedures of trying to find it and then reported it lost and blah blah blah and after many phones calls, a supposed visit by a UPS person and forms I got in the mail I gave up. mad.gif
So let us know how it all turns out.

#20 reverie

reverie

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(Chalksquared @ Apr 27 2007, 10:24 AM) View Post
UPS finally broke my spirit. They had never delievered my replacement Troi to me so I went through all the procedures of trying to find it and then reported it lost and blah blah blah and after many phones calls, a supposed visit by a UPS person and forms I got in the mail I gave up. mad.gif
So let us know how it all turns out.

I'm sorry you had to endure so much! Sadly, every company can't be as helpful as DST or New Force. sad.gif Did you ever get your money back from UPS (I think that's what you were saying you were aiming for)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users