kodiak8658's Content

There have been 17 items by kodiak8658 (Search limited from 29-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#11831 Crushed!

Posted by kodiak8658 on 25 April 2007 - 11:18 PM in AA / DST

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Apr 24 2007, 09:15 PM) View Post
hello all...
we use UPS because they are the most cost effective and efficient carrier...but, of late, we are getting more and more issues of transit damage...Rev...call UPS at 1800 PICK UPS and report the transit damage...give them the tracking #, and they will contact me about replacing...give actual value of $15, and I have one here I will replace your damaged one when they pay the claim...
or, if you want, since I have folks like gothneo that open, you can either sell it to him, or return it to me, and I can switch out, but that requires shipping costs (with a UPS claim, they pick up the shipping cost)...if you want to sell to Goth, lmk, and I will sell you my spare for same $15 (but again, have shipping cost to you)
lmk
rick

Hi Rick,

Just wanted to say I've done business with you in the past and really loved the exclusives I received (Janeway and Art Asulym). Your service was outstanding. Second, I wanted to give you a heads up when it comes to UPS out of Florida. I have a friend that works for UPS here in the Tampa, Florida area and she said that in Jacksonville, they have a conveyor belt that drops all items passing through that hub around 10 feet. Since hearing that, I have discontinued all shipments with them. It is a probable chance that if your shipment survives the fall, that it will be crushed by whatever is falling next. I have found that of the big three, USPS Priority is by far the least expensive with the fastest ship time. FedEx is second. Also recently DHL has moved into the area and I used them once, but they accidently routed my package down to Miami before getting it to me, but it made it OK. Hope this helps.

#11760 The Playmates Voyager Line

Posted by kodiak8658 on 24 April 2007 - 04:49 PM in Playmates

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Apr 22 2007, 05:25 PM) View Post
They certainly do seem to accentuate the positive on 7 of 9 ....

This polystone masterpiece was sculpted by Oluf W. Hartvigson for Sideshow Collectibles.
Only 200 were made of the maroon outfit version (pictured) and only 400 of the silver outfit version.

I own both! smile.gif But why so small an edition size? Can you say manufacturing and marketing muff-up?

They also produced a bust with an ES of 2000. I own that one too! smile.gif

#11154 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 16 April 2007 - 02:14 AM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(slayerone76 @ Apr 15 2007, 04:02 PM) View Post
Hey Kodiak, sorry I missed the welcoming party! Welcome to the forum!

Thanks. You haven't missed the party. It should run for approximately seven years! smile.gif

#11153 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 16 April 2007 - 02:13 AM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Apr 15 2007, 02:15 PM) View Post
Welcome Kodiak.....I love your pic of 7of9 ! smile.gif

Thanks and thanks. BTW, does Jeri Ryan take a bad pic? smile.gif

#11152 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 16 April 2007 - 02:11 AM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Apr 10 2007, 10:02 AM) View Post
Welcome to the forum. Where you from kodiak?

Hi Cap,

I'm originally from New York, but have lived in California, Colorado and now in Central Florida near Tampa. Thanks for the welcome!

#11110 A question about the character of Kes

Posted by kodiak8658 on 15 April 2007 - 06:05 AM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 14 2007, 07:08 PM) View Post
^Yes, I've seen Rat Race. laugh.gif But remember that it came after TNG. And I can see from a Radio point of view how Jennifer would come across as monotone, but from a stage perspective, I dont' share your view. (And no offense, but from my standpoint most of the radio "personalities" down here are like nails on a chalk board to me.....over acting, LOUD, and waaaaaay too animated) . wink.gif

Where are you? I'm in Central Florida smile.gif ...that's pretty down there as geography, economics, employment and pay is concerned. sad.gif

But we do have the sun! smile.gif Unfortunately you can't go outside for risk of skin cancer. sad.gif

#11053 A question about the character of Kes

Posted by kodiak8658 on 14 April 2007 - 07:27 AM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE(Wildcard @ Apr 12 2007, 07:08 PM) View Post
^Monotone? huh.gif I thought Jennifer Lien had one of the best delieverance voices on the show. There was a lot of passion and sincerity to her words. Granted she usually got a lot of lines that were what I call "quickfire" (i.e. "Captain, I can't find the Doctor's program anywhere. Can you send an someone down to look for him? I'm afraid we've lost him.") so there's not a whole lot you can do other than sound urgent. But I liked her. She had a delicacy about her and she knew how to work the camera for closeups....believe it or not that's actually a hard thing to do. Whoopi Goldburg is another actress who knows how to do that really well.

Both myself and my wife did radio voice overs. That's how we met. Non-inflection of the voice is like needles on a chalkboard to both of us. JMO so don't get upset.

As far as Whoopi, if you can get past her urban, non-space look, more power to ya. smile.gif I think her previous movie roles didn't help lend credibility to her Trek character. Have you ever seen Rat Race? OYE!

#11052 A question about the character of Kes

Posted by kodiak8658 on 14 April 2007 - 07:16 AM in Random thoughts.

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Mar 13 2007, 12:26 AM) View Post
I haven't watched much Voyager as I refuse to pay $100.00 a season but I do have a question I would love to know the answer to. When Voyager first came out I remember reading somewhere that Kes was an Ocampa and they only live like 7 years. I know Kes left the show, did she die? If so I may have to buy that season. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this for me. LL

Paid $300 on eBay for the entire Voyager series. It is the Chinese version, but all discs play perfectly even though the packaging is cheap.

STAY AWAY from the Chinese version of DS9, as I had nothing but trouble with three different sets. Had to eventually get a refund and pay another $300 for the US version. All is well now and I LOVE both!

#10936 A question about the character of Kes

Posted by kodiak8658 on 12 April 2007 - 11:12 AM in Random thoughts.

My wife didn't like the monotone way that Kes delivered her lines. That may have something to do with her leaving the show. My wife's favorite character was Seven of Nine though. She loved everything about Seven...but who didn't?

#10935 DeadMan-Mart reporting to duty Sir!

Posted by kodiak8658 on 12 April 2007 - 11:04 AM in New Cadets, report here.

Welcome fellow cadet!!!

#10751 I've stopped collecting AA and started buying Playmates

Posted by kodiak8658 on 10 April 2007 - 12:39 PM in Playmates

QUOTE(LwaxanaLover @ Apr 10 2007, 04:15 AM) View Post
Hey all, I've stopped collecting DST and started buying Playmates figures. I haven't owned a Playmates figure since I was a kid and buying figures that I loved back then only being able to get rare variations is fun! After my AA set arrived from DST's store with Barclay's inside package rolling around I got extremely mad. Then I opened a season 7 Data and his legs were deformed like everyone said. I'm through with this company's idea of action figures. If by some miracle Ogawa gets released i'm gonna get me one but only because she's never been put into plastic form before. And i'm not gonna look at her wrong cause if I do she'll probably fall apart. Now I wanna talk about Playmates and the good ole' days! So far i've bought Playmates season 3 Troi with space cap and the rare Thomas Riker. I've noticed that prices still aren't rock bottom for Playmates stuff as I paid $60 for Thomas Riker. I'm going to start out trying to get core characters and then branch off. Oh and figures I never owned before like Tom. I would love to put a set of Space Cap figures together minus Dathon of course. I think my holy grail of Playmates is a Lwaxana Troi with pog but I can't find one let alone a minty one. With that said i'm curious: Who do you think was Playmates best achievement? I'm gonna say Guinan as Gloria from Clues. LL

Here's one on eBay you may be interested in:
Item number: 170090905629

#10717 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 09 April 2007 - 08:38 PM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(Artistix @ Apr 9 2007, 09:40 PM) View Post
Howdy,

Nice to have so many new members.

Howdy back at ya.

#10716 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 09 April 2007 - 08:37 PM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Apr 9 2007, 04:34 PM) View Post
Welcome to the forum. Please report to orientation, where you will be assigned to your duty section.

Aye, Aye and thank you sir.

#10687 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 09 April 2007 - 12:11 PM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(Stormfury_Echo @ Apr 9 2007, 12:59 PM) View Post
Welcome aboard, and enjoy your chocolate mints tongue.gif

Tasty! tongue.gif

#10686 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 09 April 2007 - 12:10 PM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Apr 9 2007, 08:45 AM) View Post
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you.

#10676 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 09 April 2007 - 06:45 AM in New Cadets, report here.

QUOTE(UFP-1701 @ Apr 9 2007, 05:19 AM) View Post
Welcome aboard..... spock2.gif

Thank you sir.

#10670 kodiak8658 Reporting

Posted by kodiak8658 on 08 April 2007 - 09:47 PM in New Cadets, report here.

Just wanted to pay my respects to the Captain. I will be stopping by from time to time to read, post and sell some great Star Trek stuff.