• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

Between this Kirk and the Troi figure given to retailers, im fast losing interest in the Star Trek line of figures. I havent even ordered the Kirk and Pike with chairs because i think im going to discontinue my buying the figures. I think i may stick to Spock figures, like i once did. Way to go DST, your running your loyal customers away with your marketing tactics. Any one want to buy some figures?

#22 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

Hey VF ... I posted this over on AA for you too ... I know you are upset with these exclusives, and rightly so, but I think you should wait and see what happens with them first before you make a decision about selling off your stuff.

In a few weeks we could see these everywhere and then you won't have a collection to put them with or one to enjoy seeing up on your shelf.

I am not happy about this decision either. I HATE exclusives! I just don't want you to do something you might regret later on. smile.gif

#23 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

Rick said he was going to get some of these carded WNMHGB Kirks and he and Pat did come through with the Marlena Moreau figures. So I don't think this is the figure that is going to evade collectors.

With Troi, who knows. We'll see. The BCC was also able to get extras of the limited Emery High cheerleader Buffy figure earlier in the year as well. And I do believe those were also for just the retailers and were also limited to one per store as well. So that is a figure that was handled the same way as the Troi and one retailer did manage to snag a handful of extras.

And we don't know exactly how many of these Troi figures were actually produced. For all we know, DST ran enough of them to give away as a premium for their internet customers. With any luck maybe the DST site store will offer these up as a give away with the purchase of whatever amount of Star Trek toys. After all, the anniversary toys are going to be coming out soon as well as the 3rd wave of figures. DST did that with the FCBD O'Neill figure on their website for the premiere of the SG line.

Someone always seems to find a way to get even the most limited of figures to as many collectors as they can, so I wouldn't lose hope just yet.

#24 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

Well I had to email Rick about some Star Wars stuff and I asked about the Kirk and said he wouldnt be getting any. So looks like we need to find somewhere other than our normal place for these

#25 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:58 PM

jason, When did you hear from him? His email that he sent this evening said that he hadn't heard back from his source yet.

#26 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:19 PM

he said about 8:30 tonight he wasnt not getting any when I had emailed him about some Star Wars stuff and I just happened to ask about them.

#27 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(jason @ Sep 5 2006, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he said about 8:30 tonight he wasnt not getting any when I had emailed him about some Star Wars stuff and I just happened to ask about them.

I would be interested in hearing that from him directly. Rick?

#28 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:03 PM

If Im not allowed to do this or if Rick wants me to remove it I will but heres the message I was sent when I asked earlier
In a message dated 9/5/2006 7:24:55 PM Central Daylight Time, jmander1@uncc.edu writes:

Also when will TNG Wave 3 and the Kirk Canada convention exclusive be
up on the site.
Thanks
Jason Anderson

hey
tng wave 3 is on the site...we are, unfortunately, not getting any can kirks...
not sure on the clones yet
rick

#29 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:47 PM

Well, i guess thats it for the Canadian Kirks then, unless AFX can get some. Other than that, its ebay scalper prices.

#30 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:58 AM

Ugh. Not good. I wonder what happened. I hope Rick can shed some liight on exactly why he was unable to get any of these. Hopefully some show up at one of the more friendlier retailers who won't gouge on prices.

#31 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:10 AM

I dont know why he can get any but they could have actually sold most of them at the Canadian convention. I see a few on ebay right now and I think if you watch diligently you should be able to get one for under $40. Maybe AFX will get some I dont know. I wonder what Ricks source was and if they actually got any of them.

#32 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:42 AM

Well, there a figure I doubt I'll ever own for a reasonable price now.

Thanks DST.

#33 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:27 AM

There is now two figures that will be troublesome for collectors to get to complete their sets. Wonder how long it will be before a third figure is released like this that you will have to spend your savings to get? Yep i feel a real thrill emptying out my bank account while hunting for those figures intentionally made hard for me to aquire. Come to think of it, what was the deal with making a WNMHGB in a lighter colored yellow shirt anyway? Are they going to do the same thing with figures as they have done with the Phasers? Make a new colored handle every few months to milk the collectors out of more money?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users