Photo

I seriously want an AA first season set of figures...

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:28 AM

I don't know what it is, maybe it's because I missed them with the playmates thing, or maybe it's because it's just cool seeing Worf and Geordi in a red uniform, but I want em!

#2 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:13 AM

Yeah me too. To be honest I always liked them better then the season 3 -7 uniform. Although I did like the season 3 uniform for the first couple of episodes. There wasn't any belt and the uniforms didn't flare out on the sides. They also had these lines down each side of the chest that made it look cooler and more like a uniform.

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:48 AM

Yeah, I would like to see these too. It would definately give a lead in to have Tasha Yar (and maybe unpopular Pulaski) done.

#4 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:56 AM

Worf? Geordi? Oh, you're talking about the first season of TNG.

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:12 AM

Those could be pretty simple repaints for the most part.

I can't sya I'd pick the re-paints, but I would pick up a Lt Yar smile.gif

#6 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Sep 1 2006, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those could be pretty simple repaints for the most part.

I can't sya I'd pick the re-paints, but I would pick up a Lt Yar smile.gif

Actually, for them to look truer, there would need to be some retooling. At the collar and such. I know you said 'for the most part' repaint, but I don't think that DST will justify even the slight retooling to give us these figures.

We can always hope though!

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

I just want a lt Yar smile.gif

#8 anderbre

anderbre

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:23 PM

Given that next year is the 20th Anniversary I'm not ruling this out. Maybe they'll do a run similar to that of the Mirror Mirror figures. Maybe something like:

S1 Riker
S1 Geordi
S1 Worf
S1 Tasha
Limited Polaski

Maybe a S1 Troi as well would be nice. biggrin.gif

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 04:51 PM

I don't remember... did they do some Mirror Mirror Episodes on TNG?

#10 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

I hope that they make them for you guys but I don't really care if they do these for my sake. I never liked those uniforms and would not buy them if they did make them. Two sets of uniformed character is enough for me.

#11 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Sep 1 2006, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't remember... did they do some Mirror Mirror Episodes on TNG?

No. No mirror universe episodes in TNG.

The S1/S2 figures would be relatively easy. All they would need are new torso sections for for each figure. Worf would need new hair. Geordi could be given a different visor if they wanted to be super accurate. They would need a beardless Riker for a S1 version or they could just do a S2 version and keep the head as is. They could even make the S1 version standard and make the S2 version a chase figure. All very minor or no changes other than the new torsos and a couple of all new new head sculpts for Tasha Yar and Pulaaki. It would be a good and economical use of existing parts. They could do it easily if they felt it would sell well.

#12 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 09:25 PM

Actually...yeah..yeah I'm up for that! biggrin.gif

I was just re-setting up my Playmates Bridge & I wanted a S1 look...but it's not that exact & one is a custom:

So I think it would be cool to see these versions at some point.

For 'super' accuracy:

Picard & Data will be fine as is...though I think Data needs different skin tones for S1

Riker - Will need to lose the beard...the hair was also different but thats nothing major with Will.

Worf - Needs the short hair...shouldn't be difficult.

Deanna - needs a belt on the lilac uniform & a green re-paint. Should do the trick, yes?
The bun wouldn't be too hard to sculpt.

Crusher - Very dark red hair is all she needs. It was almost maroon from memory.

Wesley - He'd need to be entirely new. I'd love to see it one day though. In the same attire as Galoob had him. I won't hold my breath laugh.gif
Though the mold could be re-worked for Jake Sisko & Nog. They will be in need of a shorter, smaller male mold.

Dr. Pulaski would need her own torso...Please don't do a Playmates! I would prefer to go without till she can be made right.

Anyway I was thinking it would be cool if each came with a bridge console. Picard, Riker & Troi with their chairs...data & Wesley with the front consoles. Tasha with the main part of her console (not the whole horseshoe) & Geordi, Beverly & whoever else could come with other things....the back stations or whatever is needed.

Then DST would simply need to release the base & walls in a set of it's own....ah, to dream smile.gif

#13 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:10 PM

Artistix, your Troi looks like she is ready for some luvin'!

A shame that the Playmates ST figs sit like that.

#14 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:20 AM

To get all of the Season 1 and 2 uniforms in you really need to do it like this
Wave 1
Season 1 Picard
Season 1 Riker
Season 1 Worf
Season 1 Crusher
Season 1 Geordi
Season 1 Yar

Wave 2
Season 2 Troi
Season 2 Riker
Season 2 Worf
Season 2 Geordi
Season 2 Pulaski
Season 2 Data

This way you get all of the variations in Worf and Geordi went from red to gold after the first season and Riker needs a beard after Season 1. I actually think Riker was at his best during Season 1 to 2 and during the BOBW but after that they just kinda pushed him to the back. I almost wish Picard would have died and Riker would have become Captain.

#15 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 12:52 AM

I was not a fan of Will, Geordi & Beverly becoming more 'scenery' than actual characters. But ST generally find who is most popular & then pump the character (damn that android!) biggrin.gif

Deanna wore maroon in season 2...which we are seeing (presumably). I'd prefer the S1 green as we have never seen an action figure of her in this.

I would also prefer Riker be S1 as it would be more interesting to see him without the beard.

But S2 versions should be pretty easy after they do S1. You'd only really need Worf, Will, Geordi & Pulaski from S2.....I can't rememebr what Wesley wore.
The S1 Picard & Data figures will be fine as is for an S2 display.

smile.gif

#16 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 09:28 AM

Yeah I was always annoyed with the fact that Riker (who was supposed to be the action character of the show) was relegated to basically saying "Red Alert" and that was it. It seemed the more everyone became "wowed" with Patrick Stewart's thespian training the more Frakes got pushed off to the side. He no longer led away missions or if he did, more time was spent with Picard in Shakesperean angst on board the ship then with the action going on down on the planet.
I also really got bored with Season 6 and 7 where almost every episode was Picard being Politically correct and preacy and Data dreaming about something.
The show lost alot of it's fun, in my opinion, when the focus became really disproportionately focused on Picard and Data.

Anyway that really has nothing to do with the topic but since I enjoyed the first and second seasons more then most of the remainder I would love to be able to get the characters in these uniforms. If not I'll probably just make them at some point. I'd also really like a Yar, she was one of my favorites and I always felt the show lost a certain element that rounded off the cast when she left.

Dave

#17 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:17 PM

Would be nice to see a season 1 set of the TNG characters.

I never really liked Tasha all that much and wasnt sorry to see her character gone, although it would have been better if she transferred away instead of being killed by a oil slick. Kind of a dumb way to kill her off, but oh well i guess.

#18 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:50 PM

If Tasha had stayed on the show then Worf would never have came to the front. So, her leaving was not all bad.

#19 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(jason @ Sep 2 2006, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To get all of the Season 1 and 2 uniforms in you really need to do it like this
Wave 1
Season 1 Picard
Season 1 Riker
Season 1 Worf
Season 1 Crusher
Season 1 Geordi
Season 1 Yar

Wave 2
Season 2 Troi
Season 2 Riker
Season 2 Worf
Season 2 Geordi
Season 2 Pulaski
Season 2 Data

This way you get all of the variations in Worf and Geordi went from red to gold after the first season and Riker needs a beard after Season 1. I actually think Riker was at his best during Season 1 to 2 and during the BOBW but after that they just kinda pushed him to the back. I almost wish Picard would have died and Riker would have become Captain.

Really well thought out, jason. That would be the perfect way to go. Each wave could also be rounded out with some guest characters like judge's robes Q and such from the first two seasons of the series. Two for each wave would do nicely.

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

^^ You guys are nuts (I am kidding)! laugh.gif

There is no way in a hot, firey damned place that DST is going to produce 6+ different characters in a wave. I'd love for it happen, and I will wish right along with you, but I won't get my hopes up for any releases like that. The only way I see something like this happening is if the line takes and off and starts making them millions. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users