• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 michaelmotorcycle

michaelmotorcycle

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:29 AM

Has anyone heard any news about if O'Brien, Guinan, or any other TNG characters will be produced?

I assume O'Brien will eventually be released in DS9 uniform, but I'd like to see him in TNG uniform as well.

#2 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 01 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

We've bascially been told that nothing is out of the question. There is no definitive news about any new TNG characters past the Crusher wave, but one never knows.

As for O'Brien ... and I think we might have discussed this somewhere else ... maybe over at AA's forum ... I am sure we will see all of O'Brien's variants in the DS9 waves. I am thinking that we will prolly see all of the main Starfleet characters in 'TNG style' uniforms because we bascially saw them all in them during Emissary and we've already got body sculpts done.

I need some of you DST insiders to give me some idea on how to convince DST to do a Guinan. I know some of you know how the industry works and our polls have been rather promising on her.

#3 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 12:16 AM

I think the key to getting Guinan made will either be someone willing to pay for an entirely new exclusive or if a Legacy type line appears. DST has said that they won't be through with TNG after wave 4, though, so I'm sure they have something up their sleeve. I wouldn't worry too much about Guinan. I think it's a sure bet we will see her in the near future. She has a better chance of getting made than Pulaski or other random aliens, I'm sure.

#4 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 05:36 AM

She'll imaginably be well worth the wait. smile.gif

Playmates were able to make really nice figures of Guinan...I'm sure DST would have no problems creating something cool looking.

The Nemesis look would be a good bet as that blends in with a specific group.
Though as she could be a kit-bash (is that the right word?) it may be based on whatever look they can create with largely pre-existing parts.

#5 Matty-lad

Matty-lad

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:03 AM

Hey all,

I completely agree about the Guinan figure. Just think of how many variations they can do with one body. It reminds me of the Lorne figure from Angel. The same body just painted different colours.

And what about Commander Elizabeth Paula Shelby? No one seems to have mentioned her yet. I would love to finally get a figure of her.

Take care,
Matty-lad

#6 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:02 AM

I guess I just don't see what the big deal is about Guinan? I am in no way saying that they shouldn't make her but with so many other characters why Guinan? She was OK on the show but I have never thought of her as more than a minor character that really didn't have a place on a starship (just my opinion). I really hope that you guys get one but with so many variations of her very large hat and robes will anyone be happy with the version created?

#7 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 03 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

JMW - she was in 24 episodes and 2 movies ... I don't consider that minor. I think she was one of the more fascinating characters and there was so much more that could done with her. She is a very 'legendary' character imo.

I will be happy with 1 - read it DST - ONE Guinan. I really don't care which one, but I do have my preferences.

As for Shelby Matty-lad, I wouldn't refuse her, but without her book appearances we only saw her in two episodes (correct?) and she was rather annoying to me. I haven't read the books, but I don't see a two episode character doing well.

-EDIT-

Let me rephrase my one Guinan statement ... I will be happy with one WELL DONE Guinan ... don't skimp DST. LOL

#8 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 11:11 AM

24 episodes and 2 moives, I never realized she was in that much. Which reaffirms the fact that she is just not an important character to me. dry.gif

But that does not mean that she was not an important character to all of you so I hope that she does get made. biggrin.gif

#9 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:52 PM

JMW ... Channel the Guinan ... Feel the Guinan ... BE the Guinan ... blink.gif laugh.gif

I need to contact Rick and see what it takes to get under DST's skin for one of these to get made. I am sure he knows alllllll about it.

#10 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

You don't want to see me in that hat... blink.gif

#11 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Oct 4 2006, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She was OK on the show but I have never thought of her as more than a minor character that really didn't have a place on a starship (just my opinion).

Does it really matter to you that someone has a meaningful place on a Starship?
Does this mean Quark is equally as useless? don't tell me, he makes sense!

Everyone is there to add to the environment....to make the series feel like a family.

Maybe there should not be a bar on a Starship...or a bartender...or a barber, or kids or a piano tuner....But if the creators wanted to create them & stick them into 30 + episodes & some movies, then I am not arguing their importance to the series & to MANY fans.

Not meaning to be snippy...I'm just over the whole character bashings....if I have to hear one more time how so & so has no place in Trek blah blah blah....

You'd all like Trek a lot more if you simply appreciated each character & their role!

Um....sorry....rant over.

#12 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 04:46 PM

Just expressing my oppinion and trying to find out what everyone saw in Guinan. I was not trying to bash a character. If I wanted to do that I would go over to the AA board were everyone gets mean and nasty. So no need to get your shorts twisted. If I hit a nerve then I apologize but please don't jump on me about it. Lately I have seen a lot of love for characters that I never really liked or thought much about and I am just trying to understand what it is about those characters that people see so appealling. smile.gif

I would hate to see what you would do if I told you how I really felt about Beverly Crusher. tongue.gif

#13 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Oct 4 2006, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would hate to see what you would do if I told you how I really felt about Beverly Crusher. tongue.gif

*sigh*

#14 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

Ok guys! Don't make me serperate the two of you! tongue.gif wink.gif

#15 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 07:36 PM

No need.

I was just being pig headed...my apologies.

#16 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(JMW326 @ Oct 3 2006, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
24 episodes and 2 moives, I never realized she was in that much. Which reaffirms the fact that she is just not an important character to me. dry.gif

But that does not mean that she was not an important character to all of you so I hope that she does get made. biggrin.gif

Agreed, I hope she gets made for all of you who want that character.

#17 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE(Matty-lad @ Oct 2 2006, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And what about Commander Elizabeth Paula Shelby? No one seems to have mentioned her yet. I would love to finally get a figure of her.

Take care,
Matty-lad

I was actually surprised Shelby wasn't included in the fourth wave. She would be an easy repaint, probably also using the Crusher body. Although, if they do an "Emissary" Dax with a new body sculpt for DS9, that would be a good base for a Shelby figure as well.

#18 BStu

BStu

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

O'Brien's a given. And I'm sure we'll get a TNG uniform version, too. DST knows he's highly desired and pretty much a necessary figure.

If they make any new characters after Wave 4, I have to assume Guinan will be made. The only chance of there not being a Guinan figure is if they don't make ANY new characters after Wave 4. While I'm not one to think that she is a "must-make" figure, I would like it and would buy it. If I was to guess, I'd think she will be a shared exclusive with all the major online retailers (and maybe Previews) with a different paint job for each outlet. Frustrating for completists, but I think that's the business plan that would make the most sense. Palisades did this with an Animal figure from their Muppets line. There, it was annoying because it just meant that no one got a signature version of that Animal figure. I don't think there is a signature Guinan, though, so I think that distribution model makes more sense here.

#19 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:18 AM

Shelby was only in a couple of episodes wasnt she ? Maybe three? I dont see her as that popular of a character to warrant a lot of interest from DST. Anything can happen though. Playmates made hundreds of figures but never made a Shelby either.

Guinan may appear eventually as a DST figure, but i really doubt that interest would be high enough to produce several colors of the figure. It would be hard for me to care about purchasing several versions of Guinan, even for a completist. The season 3 Troi, even as a rather expensive exclusive was much more interesting for me than 5 different Guinans at regular price or even reduced as a Boxed set or package deal.

O'Brien will no doubt appear in TNG, DS9 early seasons and later seasons uniforms. I wonder if DST would consider any of the "Mirror" universe figures for DS9? Would be nice to have a Keiko, since she was a recurring character in TNG and DS9. Maybe a package set with Miles and Keiko and Molly. A similar package deal with Rom, Leeta and Nog maybe. There are so many possibilities for DS9 it boggles the mind. Maybe four waves of 8 each would get us a lot of characters but not many variations. Here is a listing of the ones i would like-

Commander Sisko
Captain Sisko-Bald with goatee
Kira
Intendent Kira
Odo with pail
Bashir(early and later uniforms)
Jadzia Dax "
Ezri Dax
Quark
Rom
Nog (Ferengi and Starfleet uniform)
Jake
Vedek Bareil
Dukat
Garak
Worf
Jem Hadar soldier
Cardassian Soldier
Founder female
Vorta
Jennifer Sisko
Vic Fontaine
Morn
Martok
Gowron
Worf and Jadzia in wedding Attire

#20 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:24 AM

Shelby was only in the two parts of "Best of Both Worlds". She'd be an easy repaint and I think she'd be popular enough for some kind of exclsuive. She would be good for anyone who has a BOBW or other Borg-centric themed display considering she led the first rescue mission for Picard on the Borg ship.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users