Photo

Data and Geordi con pics

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:45 AM

con pics

Here are some pics from the Baltimore con.
Now I am going to have to join the list of complainers because if that is the final uniform color for Data, Geordi, and Barcaly I may have to cancel my order. That is bad!!!!! They don't look right at all.

#2 Samwise Gamgee

Samwise Gamgee

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

While color may be an issue, I'm even more worried about how skinny Geordi looks. sad.gif Anyone else think his build is too small?

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

I love these figures! I cannot wait to get them. I do think LaForge looks thin and I don't like the fist, but they look amazing! The color doesn't bother me much ... as long as they stay consistent with same color.

#4 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:17 PM

Going to reiterate a point that DST made in their replies to ATD thread in the members only section, these are preliminary prototype's and not the final product. So I wouldn't worry about it just yet, while I share some of the concerns, I've been pretty happy with the final products so far.

#5 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:04 PM

They all seem to look pretty good to me.

Geordi does look small....but atleast Wesley will look better than I'd originally thought (bodywise).

Beverly is lookin' good.

#6 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

I just hope they go with the same color as Worf and Thomas Riker.

#7 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(The_Donster @ Sep 11 2006, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Going to reiterate a point that DST made in their replies to ATD thread in the members only section, these are preliminary prototype's and not the final product. So I wouldn't worry about it just yet, while I share some of the concerns, I've been pretty happy with the final products so far.

Well said Donster, spoken like a true Mod. wink.gif And I agree. I actually like these figures. So much so I made a pre-order today for the figures with my local comic shop.

I have learned that if you set your expectations to high for these you will always be disapointed. But as JMW326 said I just hope that they are at least the same color as Worf and Thomas Riker

#8 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

They look fine to me. Be nice to get these, hopefully by the time these come out we will know more about the Con Kirk and Troi figures so that i can concentrate on the wave 3 figures more. These hard to get figures drive me nuts.Also the third chair and figure set should be out as well by the time the Data/Geordi wave hits. The faster they come out, the faster we get to see the announcement for the first DS9 wave i would think.

#9 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:00 PM

What I think JMW is saying that Worfand Thomas Riker won't match with Gerodi, Data, and Barclay.

If I was getting these I would be upset too. But as others have told me they are just toys.

Crusher looks really good IMO. I'm still on the fence about picking up the S7 TNG guys I originally just wanted First Contact uniforms but the colors are so vibrant on these guys. I love that blue on Crusher.

#10 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

Well whatever they say they will correct, the body of Geordie is gonna stay that way, the colour is likely to be off from the originals (not necessarily the one seen), and they are gonna have those ... fists. I hope they get second hands, especially Data, Barkley could get someone else's.
OT, I saw the Origins of Iron Man, and the "Canadian Whiskey" looks a lot like Canadian Club or CC... but the neck label is on upsidedown!!! Nice close up shot, lol.

#11 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:04 AM

Well, they look fine to me. I think Geordi did start out pretty thin, but like Riker **cough** "ballooned a bit in later years. I think Reg Barclay is a nice figure too!

#12 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

Something I am learning about taking photos ... the color is rarely the same in the shot. You have to play around with the camera to get it to match (at least I do as a super amateur).

Maybe the color isn't that off, but just an effect of the camera.

#13 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:37 AM

I cant tell any difference between the Geordi, Data, Barclay , Worf, or Thomas Riker, they all look the same to me.

#14 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Sep 11 2006, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well said Donster, spoken like a true Mod. wink.gif And I agree. I actually like these figures. So much so I made a pre-order today for the figures with my local comic shop.

I have learned that if you set your expectations to high for these you will always be disapointed. But as JMW326 said I just hope that they are at least the same color as Worf and Thomas Riker

Not one to correct(usually tongue.gif), more like a fan than a mod on this one. I've seen things change throughout the run of Trek and other licenses. So I come to expect that most imperfections will be corrected before they hit the shelves. The only one line that wasn't corrected it seems is the T&T DS9 figures, which seemed more like a rushed job to appease fans until DST took over the license. As Slayerone76 pointed out, it could have been the camera taking the picture though.

QUOTE(JulesLuvsShinzon @ Sep 12 2006, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, they look fine to me. I think Geordi did start out pretty thin, but like Riker **cough** "ballooned a bit in later years. I think Reg Barclay is a nice figure too!

OTT(Off Topic Time): Jules, stop talking about my boy tongue.gif As I've said before, no one looks like they did when they were younger. While he's not as slim as he was when he started in the series(much like me when I joined the military), he at least looked more commanding in the following seasons(same as me biggrin.gif). Unfortunately once you start packing on the pounds, it's hard to try and get things back in the shape they were unless you kill yourself with diet and a personal trainer. If I had motivation for either of those, I wouldn't have time to talk to you great folks wink.gif Something I will say, Jonathan looked great at the con too. As others who have met him in the past have said, you definately see alot of the feisty side of Riker in him. While he is getting a little solar panel in the back, he was very receptive to the fans and I loved that. While some disagree, I still feel he could carry a show/movie about the Titan crew and let him know that. He looked up from signing and said, "So would I, so would I". OK, back to topic smile.gif

#15 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7&quot; Star trek action figures.

Star trek &amp; writing fan fiction.

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:26 AM

^^^I know what you mean Donster....if only I still had the 34~24~34 figure I had when I was thirty. sad.gif

Back on topic: tongue.gif It's just that I always think of Riker (and the rest of then TNG crew for that matter) as they appeared in Nemesis. Maybe that will chnage when I've finished watching DS9 DVDs and start on TNG!

#16 Kassle

Kassle

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:33 AM

I can't believe how amazing Crusher is looking! Between Beverly & Deanna, this line may be the first line (ever) where the female likenesses are even better than the male likenesses.

#17 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

I was just blowing off a little steam like so many others do. I think they are great looking figures and allready have them on order and can't wait to get them. Lore will be an awesome figure to have and I was one of the main ones campaigning for Barcaly at the old board.

Just stressing a concern, that was all.

#18 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:45 PM

Its cool JMW ... we all do it ... especially me. biggrin.gif I have just learned the hard way that until I see the final versions in person not to get too upset about things. Who knows ... you might have a legitimate complaint. We'll have to wait and see.

#19 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:18 PM

^ Yeah, I find that once you have the thing in hand it actually looks better than it does in a picture. Just think about all the fuss about Picard's face sculpt, most people will agree that he turned out fine in the end.

Crusher is looking great, though. She's spot on.

#20 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 04:21 PM

Well, the consensus over at the AA forum is that the new Picard sculpt sucks. I am just wondering if it was pre-prejudice or an actual dislike. I was one of the ones bashing the Picard and now I love him!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users