Whatever Happened to Hunky Artist?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:55 AM

Darren Carnell, or Hunky Artist as we used to know him, seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. At one time he was looking to create a Mayweather station to complete the Enterprise bridge for collectors who wanted it. He used to post his customs over at the AA board ~ before they shut it down.

Does anybody else know if he's OK? I spoke to him on the phone once or twice, but I don't have his number anymore. Last I heard he was going to marry Jane.

Also, what happened to Wil Riker and Totalus Kat??

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

I was just talking about Hunky Artist in another topic the other day. I havent seen him in quite sometime, hopefully everything is ok with him. I was beginning to wonder what had become of you as well Jules!

#3 JulesLuvsShinzon

JulesLuvsShinzon

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,101 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Art Asylum 7" Star trek action figures.

Star trek & writing fan fiction.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

^^^LOL! Well I'm no longer a lady of leisure ~ I graduated and the resaon you don't see so much of me around nowadays is that I'm in teacher training. I'm here for the time being because I just got a load of action figures and wanted to respond to the DST thread ~ and the schools are currently on half-term holiday. Next week, I go to do my second block of (more intensive) teaching practice which will be keep me very busy!

#4 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

God, I can't even remember when the last time I talked to Hunky was, but I know it was on messenger and not on the board. I want to say he was busy with alot of freelance stuff and either getting married or just got married? It's funny though, Gothneo and I were just talking about him and the amazing stuff he did with toys. Has anyone tried contacting him via e-mail? I lost his and numerous peoples addy's during the computer crash of 08.

#5 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 17 February 2009 - 11:41 PM

What sucks is when you have lost contact info for people and they are no longer on the forum. I had a friend in Australia who I seriously think died a few years ago because he just literally dropped of the face of the planet. We chatted daily, wrote back and forth, he sent me a Furuta Defiant, I sent him a thank you note and offered to buy him a few boxes of Cap'n Crunch and never heard from him again.
Do most of us have Facebook? Or do the mods have e-mail addresses of all the members that we could allow them to give out to other members if we chose to?

#6 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:30 AM

Under contact this member, in everyones profile page, there is a link to email any member, if they wish to allow it. Maybe Hunky's email is still good? Has anyone tried it?

#7 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Wow hunky artist, that is a blast from the past. I remember seeing him on the old AA boards all the time.

#8 Will Riker

Will Riker

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

I'm still around Jules smile.gif

I just don't post a lot, plus I'm busy with work.

How's the teacher training? I'm working in a school environment as well, but I'm a Curriculum Resources Assistant for History & Social Sciences - quite a mouthful!

#9 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:10 AM

He is doing very well. We speak on MSN often. He has recently gotten married, and completed his Honeymoon here in America. He's very busy working on a great many projects. I will tell him that people here are thinking of him. spock2.gif

#10 thecapn

thecapn

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

If you want to get in touch with him through the interwebs, I found him on another forum:

http://www.sideshowc...ember.php?u=627

I joined up to get tips on how to customize my 12" Playmates figures onto better bodies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users