Star Trek III Figures

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:41 PM

I received an Ertl Star Trek III Spock figure as a birthday present a couple of years ago. I didn't even know they existed.

The figure is rather cool, although I think we only saw Spock in his Starfleet uniform in that film through flashback.

Anyone have any of these and what do think?

#2 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, I have all four: Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Kruge. They're nice. Very reminiscent of the GI Joe figures of the time as far as construction goes.

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Aug 23 2006, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very reminiscent of the GI Joe figures of the time as far as construction goes.

Thats what I was thinking too. I'd like to get my hands on the others eventually.

#4 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:26 PM

Yes, i have all four of the figures as well. These are actually what got the Collecting fever fired up in me back in 1987. I walked into a K&K toy store back then and they had a whole rack full of them for 99 cents a piece. I bought several of them, went home and a few days later, went back and bought them all. The cashier thought i was nuts but that was the beginning of my obsession over Trek items. ERTL also produced 3 different diecast ships too for the movie.

#5 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:32 PM

http://www.trekfigures.com/ertl.htm

I started the page for these figures at the new website. Does anyone have good photos of them loose?

#6 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:56 PM

99cents...dear God...did anything ever cost that little!! laugh.gif

How come there were only 4 figures released?

#7 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:09 PM

In 1984 Ertl had the chance to make figures for Star Trek III, The Search for Spock. These figures are 3 3/4" and only 4 of them were made. This was the companies first attempt at figures and since these sold poorly, there last.

#8 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Aug 23 2006, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
99cents...dear God...did anything ever cost that little!! laugh.gif

How come there were only 4 figures released?

99 Cents is pretty cheap. I remember when Star Wars figures were released in 1978, a store here was selling them "2 for 3 dollars". Thats the same figures that go for several hundred dollars now. I guess i will never forget the Mego Romulans i saw for either 2.99 or 3.99 when i was a kid that go for 5 thousand dollars now.

#9 DeepSix

DeepSix

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(FHC @ Aug 23 2006, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In 1984 Ertl had the chance to make figures for Star Trek III, The Search for Spock. These figures are 3 3/4" and only 4 of them were made. This was the companies first attempt at figures and since these sold poorly, there last.

They also made three ships for the movie: Enterprise, Excelsior, and the Klingon BOP. Two of the ships, the Enterprise and BOP were rereleased for ST5, and the Enterprise was rereleased a third time for the Smithsonian gift shop for the 25th anniversary exhibit.

#10 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9&quot; clothed figures

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE(DeepSix @ Oct 8 2006, 09:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They also made three ships for the movie: Enterprise, Excelsior, and the Klingon BOP. Two of the ships, the Enterprise and BOP were rereleased for ST5, and the Enterprise was rereleased a third time for the Smithsonian gift shop for the 25th anniversary exhibit.

And Daisy made a pistol based on Star Trek III that didn't look like anything seen in the movie.

#11 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE(Cpt. Phil T. Berns @ Nov 21 2006, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Daisy made a pistol based on Star Trek III that didn't look like anything seen in the movie.

Its funny how companies will stick a Star Trek logo on items that bear no resemblance to anything in the show or the movies. The "Tracer" guns with flying discs from the early 70's come to mind. I seem to remember a Spock with a parachute on around the same time period.

#12 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 03:57 PM

I love the star trek III figures, but I don't have any yet, I've tried to get them on ebay several times but I always get outbid at the last minute lol (isnt that how it usually goes) It's kinda odd they didnt make McCoy, since the movie was basically about him carrying spocks mind around.

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(skeletor @ Dec 5 2006, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the star trek III figures, but I don't have any yet, I've tried to get them on ebay several times but I always get outbid at the last minute lol (isnt that how it usually goes) It's kinda odd they didnt make McCoy, since the movie was basically about him carrying spocks mind around.

http://www.trekfigures.com/ertl.htm

#14 MattP

MattP

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

God, this brings back memories. I remember going into a Toys R'Us here in the UK quite a while ago and buying Scotty in the clearance area for about a

#15 Stormfury_Echo

Stormfury_Echo

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

Wow, those would actually look really good on the TMP Bridge Playset that Mego made back in '79. Too bad they only made Kirk, Spock and Scotty. I suppose you could do some head swaps, but a womans head would look really goofy on a mans body. You could have an all male staff, but that would be really sexist.

#16 TLAMGUY

TLAMGUY

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Blowing stuff up and collecting TOS Trek

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:22 AM

Wow...is it me or does Kirk actually almost look like Kirk? Hey AA/DST...LOOK!

#17 sallah

sallah

Herbert.

• Members
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

Has anyone evry tried to get a mego McCoy head on one of these bodies? I know you'd have to break the McCoy open, but It seems like it would work...

Sallah

#18 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

QUOTE (sallah @ Aug 18 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone evry tried to get a mego McCoy head on one of these bodies? I know you'd have to break the McCoy open, but It seems like it would work...

Sallah

Joe heads work real well on them too, just trim a bit off the bottom of the neck post.

CCC.

#19 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

really nice looking customs you have there!
What type of paint did you use for the black trim on the jackets?

#20 Lord Mudd

Lord Mudd

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Collecting 1/18 scale action figures: Star Trek, sci fi, and superheroes- Warhammer.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (skeletor @ Oct 8 2011, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really nice looking customs you have there!
What type of paint did you use for the black trim on the jackets?

Sorry, don't remember. It was a long time ago, but most water base hobby paint will doo.

CCC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users