• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 2thGuy

2thGuy

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 08:47 AM

For everyone who collects these pieces, Hallmark has released their "Dream Book" Star Trek offerings for Christmas 2019.  From what is being displayed, its clear to me that the Hallmark audience prefers TOS themed merchandise: Another ST:TMP Enterprise, and a table-top TOS Transporter Room Pad with Kirk, Spock, and McCoy.  No Next Gen, Deep Space, Voyager, Enterprise.  There is a single ornament that represents that PPV Trek series on All Access CBS that I don't watch.....I forget the name (but I'll buy the ornament anyway because it has a Star Trek name attached to it. (READ: sucker!)  Of most interest to me, Hallmark is offering a Christmas "Star Gallery Wreath" on which you may mount your ornaments and then  hang your Trek bounty on a wall, or other larger surface.  The wreath has small star-esque lights woven in the piece.  According to the description, this will plug into a standard wall outlet.  This will probably be a "buy" for me, as my wife gives me the Klingon stare-down when I start putting my Star Trek stuff on the tree!!

Enjoy the read, happy shopping on Saturday, July 13, 2019

https://www.hallmark...reDreambook.pdf

Peace. Out.  

#2 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

Wow, Hallmark had a Transporter several years ago. I used to have some of the Hallmark ornaments, sold them off. Definitely won't be getting the Discovery ornament.

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:27 PM

Id be more interested in the Trek figures if Hallmark didnt have horrible likenesses.

Im interested in the Star Destroyer and possibly the Enterprise. Depends on whether she has azteking or not.

Maybe the Y-Wing.

#4 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:10 AM

The dark wreath though. I didnt find the power supply on page 9

#5 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 02:24 PM

I've got a Star Trek tree... mostly ships... but some other stuff... never really cared for the figurines though. If there isn't anything Trk that catches my face I'll look at the sci-fi stuff... I have a Robbie the robot from years ago thats a favorite!

Th 40th anniversary 1701 looks like it will go nicely on my tree this year.

#6 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:36 PM

I dunno what I will do.  I can tell you that I would need about 30 of those wreaths to hold the entire collection, lol.

Last year I decided to go "all in" again and pick up all those lazy crappy "legends" series sculpts I was missing.

I still don't have the really ridiculously expensive SDCC variant ones (gold Uhura, glow Defiant, damaged Kelvin, damaged C, normal Pilot 1701), sadly.

I did pick up the Arex/M'Ress set via eBay last year.

The release of the transporter pad again, at a larger scale, is pretty upsetting for a completist like me.  I don't want to buy another one.  The original one is pretty cool by itself.

We don't have the refit 1701 ever before do we, just the -A right?  So that's actually filling a gap.  Tribble is stupid but will buy anyway.  They should do different colors in surprise blind box format like they do with some of their other series...I would buy several to scatter around the tree if they were under $10.

Glad to see Saru and Burnham.

#7 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:30 AM

I didnt realize the wreaths were for you to add your own ornaments to... thats kinda cool I have the DS9 station I could put in the center and add lots of period ships around

#8 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:25 AM

I'm wondering how that transporter scales with Minimates.  B)

#9 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 27 April 2019 - 01:02 AM

Are you thinking of removing the figures and replacing them with mini mates??

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 06:21 PM

Halmark has 2019 ornaments 1/2 off right now... picked me up the tribble for $10!

so if you're looking for a deal on some of these now might be a good time!

#11 MisterPL

MisterPL

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 28 January 2020 - 07:56 PM

Are you thinking of removing the figures and replacing them with mini mates??

That was my intent, yes. 2019 got away from me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users