Phaser Star Trek The Next Generatio Diamond Select Toys Roleplay Toy

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Cpt. Ransome

Cpt. Ransome

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:41 PM

I think we chose Cobra head OVER Dustbuster, dolphin or boomerang, at least for the first release. If it does amazing, who knows.

Well I'll say this much, I'm definetly buying one!!

Now DSTZach any chance of seeing an Assault phaser next year. I mean you created the TOS phaser, TMP, TWOK, and now TSFS phasers, It only seems fair to complete the collection with the final phaser from the TOS Movie era and what I consider is one of the best phasers in the Trek series.

#22 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

Well, I think it was the right was the right choice to enter the TNG era. I'll buy two! 

#23 RizzoPSU

RizzoPSU

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:36 PM

2 cases?? Lol, I'd love to!

#24 Tiberius

Tiberius

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

I am not sure if I want both movie phasers, but I resent not picking up the TMP phaser. I might give my resin phaser a burlap, I thought it was leather, handle. And even though I'm not a big TNG fan, I will get that one too!

#25 DSTZach

DSTZach

I can stop I just don't want to.

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

Ask DST about the assault phaser. Http://www.artasylum.com

#26 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:49 AM

I thought the TMP phasers were nicely done. The sounds it makes when you engage/disengage the type 1 from the type II was a particularly nice touch. 

The one piece of trek tech that I didn't care for was the Klingon Disrupter, and it's only because of its size. DST did a bang up job on it, but the sheer size of it is big and bulky, and you are constantly aware that you have a chunk of plastic in your hand. 

My fear is that the assault phaser may suffer some of the same "plasticiness" since its probably one of the larger Star Fleet phasers. 

I have the Master Replica version, and that has some substance to it, but its still much larger than either the TOS or TMP phaser. 

#27 JonWes

JonWes

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:51 AM

I'm so happy they are making a TNG phaser! The TMP phaser is my favorite so far that DST have made, but the TNG phasers have a special place in my heart since I'm a TNG boy.

#28 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 08:59 AM

I'm so annoyed I didn't decide to start buying phasers until after the TMK/WOK phaser went out of stock.... I won't miss out on this TNG one, or the ST 3 one, that's for sure.

DSTZach, on 26 Feb 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

Ask DST about the assault phaser. Http://www.artasylum.com

I sent in a couple questions recently to DST, one was about the assault phaser and the others were about the NX-01. We'll see if they get answered, lately everything I've sent in hasn't shown up.

Gothneo, on 28 Feb 2015 - 03:49 AM, said:

My fear is that the assault phaser may suffer some of the same "plasticiness" since its probably one of the larger Star Fleet phasers. 

It is a larger Phaser, but I had a friend with the Playmates version, and it didn't seem overly plastic to me. I couldn't imagine one DST would do being "worse" feeling then the Playmates one. 

I just hope if it is done it includes the removable "magazine" and Type 1 Phaser. 

#29 tuvok47

tuvok47

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:59 AM

I have the Playmates assault phaser and it's a bit undersized. Kid sized I guess. It does feel pretty solid though. I definitely agree about the plasticy-ness of the Klingon disruptor. I actually bought one and quickly resold it on eBay.

#30 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:23 AM

I think we chose Cobra head OVER Dustbuster, dolphin or boomerang, at least for the first release. If it does amazing, who knows.

Dustbuster next would be cool, I guess, but I'm just going to reiterate my support for the Boomerang as the next one - and I really think this will do well, it seems to have been one of Playmates' most successful tek toys. Your sculpt and paint kicks the snot out of theirs, as usual.

I'd love to have a cricket that is the right size.

I have a keychain Type 1 TNG cricket from the mid-'90s that the chain attachment snapped off - once I filed the broken part down, it was pretty perfect!

6zxGh.jpg
K7NkEf3.png

Here's the only in-package image I could find:
m9zq13O-SxBjYxqC_Lb_mdA.jpg

With a sister-chain:
mpqhFtjXAiYUqGmQduASIJA.jpg

Part of this range from VTG:
$_57.JPG

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it for sale anywhere during my search, only some of the companion products. They were all very well done, but the only one I was interested in was the cricket, due to the scale being pretty close to spot-on.

I thought the TMP phasers were nicely done. The sounds it makes when you engage/disengage the type 1 from the type II was a particularly nice touch.

Agreed, and the light show they put on when on full setting, with the sequencing power lights, flashing power indicator and the wibbling emitters when you fired it, all combined to fill me with confidence that DST could pull off an INCREDIBLE TNG-era Tricorder!!! (chisel-head, to go with the Boomerang Phaser, with a no-voice-clip mode included, please!)

The one piece of trek tech that I didn't care for was the Klingon Disrupter, and it's only because of its size. DST did a bang up job on it, but the sheer size of it is big and bulky, and you are constantly aware that you have a chunk of plastic in your hand.

Once I filed down the seams on the Rubies TNG phaser, I was pretty happy with it, despite its considerable flimsiness, so I don't think that aspect of the Klink disruptor will bother me... I just couldn't afford it, despite having wanted one forEVER! I'll pick it up eventually, but I just can't pay north of €60 for tek toys ATM, I'm sorry.

#31 Skippy2k

Skippy2k

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:15 AM

Haha I did the same thing with the keychain "cricket" phaser, still have it around somewhere but didn't work last time I tried it...may just be the batteries though.  Out of the TNG phaser's I would send another vote for the Boomerang also would love to see the "Assault Phaser".  Did this one change at all between TFF and TUC?

#32 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 06:52 PM

Crikey, have we really not heard anything about the Phaser since February last year?!

#33 DSTZach

DSTZach

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:12 AM

Crikey, have we really not heard anything about the Phaser since February last year?!

We've showed it at multiple shows, including Toy Fair THIS year, and it was at a few fan shows. Finalizing electronics.

#34 Destructor!!!

Destructor!!!

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:50 PM

Great to hear, thanks for the response, Zach!

#35 AndyW

AndyW

I know what a Pog is.

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:44 AM

Should we be keeping an eye out for this soon? Its been a few months.

#36 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

So... I was looking to see if this is even up for solicitation yet... I don't see it on sites like BBTS.com I wonder when it will be up for pre order?

#37 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:31 PM

So... I was looking to see if this is even up for solicitation yet... I don't see it on sites like BBTS.com I wonder when it will be up for pre order?

At their current rate of Star Trek releases I would say it will be up for preorder sometime in 2018 with a delivery date around 2019. But that will get delayed. Lol

#38 Whirlygig

Whirlygig

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

At their current rate of Star Trek releases I would say it will be up for preorder sometime in 2018 with a delivery date around 2019. But that will get delayed. Lol

Always the optimist!

#39 1701D

1701D

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:46 PM

I think this item might have been pulled... I think if we don't see it at the NY toy fair then chances are interest wasn't there and so they've cancelled it. Seems weird that it hasn't been released yet when the ship has and the figure has?

#40 Alex

Alex

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:24 PM

I doubt that this has been pulled. I wouldn't be surprised if DST just hasn't had the chance to focus resources on this yet. I mean, it hasn't even been made available for pre–order, has it? I've been looking at BBTS for ages and don't recall ever seeing a preorder option there for it, so there's no way for me to show an interest in it in the form of a pre–order if there's nowhere for me to place one. I'll note that we also haven't seen the Reliant yet, so just because this hasn't been shown again doesn't necessarily mean that it's cancelled. Of course, I suppose we could always AskDST. (Please tell us this is still happening Zach and Chuck!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phaser, Star Trek The Next Generatio, Diamond Select Toys, Roleplay, Toy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users