Posted 17 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

Well I think no words are needed.. roflmao.gif

#3 ECH

ECH

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:52 PM

WOW. Great detailing. I love the touch of the numbers on the dials.

#4 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:57 PM

Which episodes had the gold phasers?

#5 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 07:59 PM

Well, I was hoping the "bronze" would look darker in actuality. I guess it doesn't. The body is darker, though, right? At least there is that. I already have a case of the regular version and a case of the B&W, so I'm going to skip this one as well as the regular version anniversary repackage that is supposed to come out. Unless an extremely incredible deal comes along, of course.

#6 krash

krash

I dream about Toys

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

The handle should be darker, the fins should be sliver, the top is the dial should be black but the body is almost right, if I remember right.

#7 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:53 PM

I recieved my Bronze phaser from New Force today. The packaging is great, very attractive for the 40th anniversary. Actually the phaser looks great and better than i thought it would. Now i have all three colors. Hope they dont make a pink handled one, lol.

#8 Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Cpt. Phil T. Berns

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Interests:Props, uniforms, 9" clothed figures

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, we told the people at DTS that the fins of the b&w phaser should be black instead of silver. Now they make a new version and forget the fins on this version should be silver. And also the handle should be way darker.

#9 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 01:37 PM

It should be the colors of this STTE Water Pistol. Hard to believe that a $10.00 Water Pistol can get it right and AA cannot.

#10 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:32 PM

hello all...
here is the 4th "new" phaser...

rick

#11 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:35 AM

Well I know all the companies in China that manufactors paint loves AA/DST... roflmao.gif

#12 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:21 AM

Yeah, I don't get this business concept of repainting the same item over and over. With the outcry from fans for new and exciting Tek, I would think the market would be better for it than a repaint of the same item over and over again. I cannot grasp how the cost saving of reusing the same mold equates to better profit when these aren't selling to begin with. I am very tempted not to buy this one despite the 'new' colors because I already have 4 of them. Its just industry redundancy that is annoying to me ... like Hasbro and the transformers ... ugh I hate that line for all their repaints.

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:48 AM

Yeah I will get one as I collect MIB and of course to a collector like that the package is a pat of the whole. Still it is starting to get a bit old.

#14 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

Wow, Another phaser. I havn't even bought any of the others that have come out. I have thought about getting the White handled one but just havn't gotten around to it. At this rate I won't have to worry about never finding an AA phaser. lol

#15 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:31 AM

Wow. DST/AA said no new trek tek on the horizon but there is plenty of this one trek tek. I can't beleive DST will be basing there decision on new trek tek on the sales of these repaints. First the the white handle then the bronze handle and now this one.

Come on DST/AA! Bring on the new stuff... or atleast repackage the dame thing with an other trek tek like a TOS communicator or something. Make it worth while for customers to buy more phasers.

#16 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(Captain Kidd @ Nov 10 2006, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. DST/AA said no new trek tek on the horizon but there is plenty of this one trek tek. I can't beleive DST will be basing there decision on new trek tek on the sales of these repaints. First the the white handle then the bronze handle and now this one.

Come on DST/AA! Bring on the new stuff... or atleast repackage the dame thing with an other trek tek like a TOS communicator or something. Make it worth while for customers to buy more phasers.

Amen... dry.gif

#17 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:39 AM

hello all...
one thing we discussed with DST way back in 2003/4 when they took the license over was keeping certain items "in stock" for as long as possible. When we sold out of the first AA produced phaser, I was seeing secondary market prices hitting like $50-75 for an item we had wholesold for as little as $8.95!...but, there is SO much demand for the phaser, that we "commissioned" the white handle phaser as an exclusive...and although I had to buy an entire container load of them (thousands and thousands), for the most part, we are 99% sold out (I have only a few hundred left)....and DST recognizes this demand, so they keep "reinventing the phaser" so that they can not only keep it "in stock", but so that it can be slightly refreshing, too (different paint schemes)...so, from Bronze to Blue, but I suspect that once the stock on these are gone (and we are almost sold out of the new 4th Blue release), we won't see another phaser for a while, and secondary market prices will prevail....
remember, they are only toys, and it should be "fun" to collect them
rick

#18 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 07:49 AM

Rick I am finding that "prop" collectors, well you can't make them happy. tongue.gif Still, the color thing is hard to get past even for a easy going guy such as myself. Sure, make more but get the colors right. Then it would not look so much like "we are pushing them out the door" so to speak.

#19 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ Sep 18 2006, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which episodes had the gold phasers?

Bad when you have to reply to yourself!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

#20 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 November 2006 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(Sybeck1 @ Nov 12 2006, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad when you have to reply to yourself!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

Recent screen caps show that the bronze handle color was in use from the first season on the hero phasers from the beginning after they were retrofitted and repainted from their original B&W incarnations. The mid-grades might have been the same as well. The crapazoid/dummy phasers are the ones with the black handles, I believe, and were that way from the start after the upgrade from the B&Ws as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users