• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

Okay so Series 4 is now up for pre-order at TRU.com, and it is Romulan, Scotty and Kirk...but it is the same Kirk that is in Wave 5...I am not sure about how that is gonna work??

Kirk

Romulan

Scotty

#2 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

Very interesting... Could be a mix up in regard to the Kirk figure, not sure what other Kirk could come in the wave, though. Unless they moved green-shirt Kirk to the TRU wave and will be replacing his spot with the Romulan Commander in TOS wave 5... Unlikely, but never know. Either way, there be Romulans!

Edit: It really makes me curious as to how well the TRU waves must be doing if they feel confident enough to have two waves up for preorder.

#3 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

Unless TRU is testing interest with the number of pre-orders they are receiving for these last two waves. If they don't receive enough they may just drop them.

I was at my TRU and they had six pegs of the Star Trek exclusive re-releases from DST just warming the pegs and that included the Spock Cage and one per case McCoys.

#4 Nigel

Nigel

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

I don't understand why these releases can't be expanded to TRU stores in Canada too. sad.gif

#5 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:27 PM

I preordered the Romulan ...I dont want anything cancelled !!!

#6 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

I bet its going to be Commander Sela rolleyes.gif

#7 stardust

stardust

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

It might be the Romulan commander from BoT that was displayed at this year's Toy Fair.

#8 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:38 AM

It could be the original TOS Wave 1 release Green Shirt Kirk. Thats my only guess as it makes no sense for it to be the standard yellow shirt Kirk from TOS TRU Wave1. Great to be getting a Romulan! My favourite Bad Guys of all of the Trek Universe!

#9 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:59 AM

What Romulan? Hopefully the commander. Maybe SDCC we might see the figures themseleves to sort this out.

#10 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:17 AM

Yikes! Shipping in January 2010? I hope this doesn't mean wave 5 will be delayed and we'll have to wait that long for the new Kirk figure. I don't understand why one wave 5 Kirk would be available in August and another wouldn't be available till January. I wonder why Kang isn't part of this wave. After all, he was the next planned new ToysRus exclusive, wasn't he?

#11 ryanlb

ryanlb

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:25 AM

Well, I fell for it and pre-ordered Scotty, Kang and Romulan Commander.

#12 Dr. Crusher

Dr. Crusher

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

It could be that they're including Kirk from the regular series. They've had a figure from the BSG regular lines with most of their exclusive series- Starbuck was in the first series, and the Razor version of Adama was in the second.

I'd love to see pics of the Romulan, but I'm thinking it's the TOS Commander we've seen before. That would make the most sense.

#13 DS9_Fan

DS9_Fan

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 765 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:26 PM

We don't know it's the Wave 5 Kirk that will be released yet. I don't think it is, what would be the point with Wave 5 being widely available (hopefully) before the proposed Toys R Us release date.

#14 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Quadrotritacale @ Jul 20 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder why Kang isn't part of this wave. After all, he was the next planned new ToysRus exclusive, wasn't he?

Kang is available in the wave that should be released before this one, along with Mirror Kirk and Spock.

#15 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:03 PM

Sigh, very hard to believe this wave will be here in January, after the slowness and cancellations of shipments of the Kan wave. i need to order another Romulan, just to make sure one is coming. And can anyone confirm this is the new Kirk

#16 Pauln6

Pauln6

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:21 AM

Hmm - trixy. I was half expecting Rand and Chapel to end up in 2-packs following the demise of Wave 5 but if green-shirted Kirk is already coming out at TRU this seems even less likely unless they painted a few scratches on his face and gave him a bottle of Saurian brandy.

It's still encouraging that TRU is ordering waves. Long may it continue if this is propping up the line during the recession.

#17 weyoun_9

weyoun_9

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 433 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:22 AM

On the wave 5 Kirk in the TRU Wave Four...maybe they figure it would be a better way to get that figure out, and then maybe general wave 5 will have one less figure and be more affordable...the two pack idea is another possibility.

On the Romulan in TRU wave 4...PLEASE don't misunderstand...I am grateful for ANY new figure. However, I am curious...has anyone asked and received an answer as to why it is a generic Centurion and not the Mark Lenard Romulan Commander? Again...happy to order either or both...but with such an amazing mold I was surprised they didn't try to get him out there...unless they have other plans. I'd love to know the logic behind it...(maybe I should ask)

Sidebar...anyone else but me interested in the Female Romulan Commander and Female Klingon Mara?

And yes...I find it most promising that TRU is still ordering waves. Hopefully that will help this line continue until the economy picks up so we see more DST in the near future.

#18 A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

A Chimpanzee & 2 Trainees

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:49 AM

With regard to Mark Lenard.... knowing DST, they'll put the new Shatner sculpt on a gold-shirt, package it with the ML Romulan Commander, and it a "Balance of Terror" 2-pack. Just to make us buy our 15th Kirk figure....

As for the Mara and the Female Romulan.... I could take 'em or leave 'em. Obviously, if they were produced, I'd buy, don't get me wrong, but will I feel something was missing if we didn't get them? No. If we get one and only one, I'd say at this point Mara should be made, since we already have a Kang (or at least SOME of us do...). Honestly, I'd much perfer the generic Romulan had been modeled after Sub-Commander Tal (I think he was modeled after Mark Lenard's subordinate - I don't remember his name, just the line "Permit me the glory of the kill, Commander..") , and we'd been given the Female Romulan Commander, than getting Mara. Given where things are today, though... we need Mara if we need either of them at all.

#19 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

I submitted a question to DST asking if the Kirk figure will survive as part of the next ToysRus wave if wave 5 is cancelled. Hopefully they'll clarify its status by answering that question in their next Star Trek Q & A post.

#20 Quadrotritacale

Quadrotritacale

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

I finally have an update for everyone on this. I went a little mad when January 4th came and went without these figures coming out. As you may or may not be aware, Romulan and Scotty are out of stock on the ToysRus website and Kirk was completely removed from it a few days before the 4th. It took a few phone conversations with people who didn't know what was going on, but today I finally got some feedback from a ToysRus staff member about a possible new release date. She said they're expecting a shipment of Star Trek series 4 figures on March 14th. Let's hope the date sticks this time. unsure.gif I also submitted a question to DST for their Q & A about the release date of series 4 Kirk, so it would be nice if they confirm the date in answering (or if we're really lucky, give us an earlier one). The praying continues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users