Photo

Captain Sisko w/ Defiant Captain's Chair!

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#221 stardust

stardust

Newforce is my home page.

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

If you read the latest Art Asylum Q&A someone talks of this being the twilight of the ST license for DST and DSTChuck doesn't attempt to correct him. I think this pretty much confirms the line is pretty much over and we've gotten all we are going to get.

#222 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Aug 17 2009, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What doesn't make sense to me about this, is that Ezri became quite rare only a few months after wave 1 came out, but she was packed at least one to every single case. If there are none left of Ezri, then that means there are none left of the cases, meaning the cases would have been considered sold out. If that happened within a few months after their release, how was that not successful?

I'm just guessing here, but I'd be willing to bet that DS9 wave 2 was produced in much lower numbers. So that combined with Ezri being the short pack means she sold quickly.

QUOTE (weyoun_9 @ Aug 17 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to disagree with the idea of "if you're unhappy...don't talk about it here." While there's no need for, say, harsh language...isn't this a forum for this hobby?

I never said that, nor did I imply that, and I really didn't get that from JMW's post. But I'll let him speak for himself.

I was trying to relay that this is that this is hobby and it should be enjoyable. So while sometimes things are frustrating, we need to do our best to understand. It's just not worth getting angry about IMO.

Also, I don't read that much into what DSTChuck does or doesn't say. Many times he simply looks for the question and just answers that. Allot of times he completely misses the question and answers something different! That's not to say that I don't believe the line is in it's twilight... but I think we will see Trek products from DST for sometime, be it role play, ships or other collectibles.

#223 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (stardust @ Aug 17 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you read the latest Art Asylum Q&A someone talks of this being the twilight of the ST license for DST and DSTChuck doesn't attempt to correct him. I think this pretty much confirms the line is pretty much over and we've gotten all we are going to get.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this. Maybe Chuck was just addressing only the question or maybe the end is near. It seems strange that DST had no product for the new movie at all. Almost like someone in Paramount's licensing department had it in for DST. Or maybe Paramount thinks they might be able to make Star Trek out to be a monster success like Star Wars has been and they want liceensees that can deliver! Something that DST has had trouble with over the years! Whichever way it goes, I definately feel that change is in the air!

#224 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:21 PM

I want saying that if you are unhappy then you shouldn't talk about it here. I was saying that if collecting DST Trek makes certain people so unhappy that they have to fill threads with nothing but complaint after complaint and making petty accusations about them being liars and cheats and so on then maybe it is time to move on to something that makes you happy. After all we don't collect to feel bad we collect because it is fun. But when you get down to it I dont feel that all of the constant negativity is fair to the people that do enjoy collecting DST Trek and talking about it.

#225 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

Sorry.

#226 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Aug 18 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry.

Not good enough.

Lets get him fella's!!!

roflmao.gif

#227 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:37 PM

I wholy admit I've been overreacting due to getting far too tied into the rollercoaster that this set's fate has been on, and I wholeheartedly apologize from the deepest of my sincerest being to anyone I've inconvenienced with my rambling.

Better? tongue.gif

#228 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:55 PM

I was just playin' around Jedigreedo. smile.gif

People take things too seriously.

#229 BadBunnyMike

BadBunnyMike

Wishes He had Spots

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (bgiles73 @ Aug 17 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking the same thing when I read this. Maybe Chuck was just addressing only the question or maybe the end is near. It seems strange that DST had no product for the new movie at all. Almost like someone in Paramount's licensing department had it in for DST. Or maybe Paramount thinks they might be able to make Star Trek out to be a monster success like Star Wars has been and they want liceensees that can deliver! Something that DST has had trouble with over the years! Whichever way it goes, I definately feel that change is in the air!

Okay, I dont know how many times this has been said but I want to correct this. The ONLY Toy license that got the rights to make movie figures is Playmates. They all bid on the license and Playmates won so that is why DST isn't making anything for the new movie. maybe down the road another toy company or DST will be able to get the rights to it, but for the time being the only toys we will be seeing from the movie is Playmates.

Maybe with the next Movie DST will get the license...you never know.

#230 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

I fully believe that when DST's contract expires they are going to TRY to renegotiate using the figures shown by cancellations such as the Sisko with Chair. If they can get a more favorable deal that sends less to the studio I think Trek has got a chance. If they cant, hopefully it would go to another company. I think there may some truth to DST giving up to quickly in order to in the future show that there is no profit with the current deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users