115 replies to this topic

#101 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts
  • Interests:"Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?"

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:55 PM

Regardless, I got the subscription so stuff like missing Orko,Adam and Keldor wouldn't happen. The bad thing is, Mattel's idea of what accounts for a Bonus Figure and what should be the subscription figure are really screwed up. Adam is He-Man's alter ego, like Clark Kent to Superman. My collection is seriously lacking characters I actually give a crap about. Instead we get Optikk, Chief Carnivus, Count Marzo..? Who the hell are these characters? Who cares? The whole idea behind Masters of the Universe Classics was the Classics, and I don't feel that is what I'm getting here. I want Ram Man, The Sorceress, Man E Faces....So I'm getting out of Masters. I got a sub for Ghostbusters in the hopes that we might get some ghosts to bust, but with what was showed at SDCC I'm not as enthused as I was before there either. I guess DST isn't the only company out there crushing hopes.

#102 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:10 PM

I would think if the ordering process weren't so messed up, issues like that wouldn't matter as much.

#103 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

My friends on an Aussie forum managed to grab an Orko for me. I found a US eBay seller who was listing all exclusives from SDCC so I got Mo-Larr from him (along with lots of other goodies).

I didn't bother buying the SDCC Orko, no real interest in the colour change feature. Much prefer the look of the normal one.

I snagged the combined Ecto-1 & MOTUC subscription the other day. Horray!

#104 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

See, now for me, I like the unique characters, which is why I'm signing up for the Eternia Subscription. I wasn't a big fan of the old MOTU line and preferred the 200X line myself. I'm not sure if that's because I was a little too old when original line hit and loved it when I saw the Snake Armor He-Man figure. It's too bad I had to jump through hoops to wait for it, but it kicked ass. Anyway, my wife and I actually got to talk to a couple of the Horsemen at the show. Mostly about their lines, but a little about the MOTU line. I basically thanked them for making some unique character, who without, would make for a pretty straight forward line in my opinion. Not to mention, we'd be getting ridiculous variants like we did with the 200X line. Anyway, what is everyone's thoughts on the club thing, does it alleviate any ordering issues by having it on a seperate day? LMK asap, as I plan to join in the next day before the window closes.

#105 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:05 AM

I love the club and especially the new club where its an all in deal. I know some people want tiers but for me Im going to buy everything anyway so it saves me a lot of headaches.

#106 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Aug 3 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im going to buy everything anyway so it saves me a lot of headaches.

Yeah, I am very much like that with MOTUC.

Ghostbusters is a bit less exciting. It seems to be mainly GB variants from here on in. Only new characters shown at SDCC were Louis Tully & the Scoleri brother.

#107 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

I went ahead and did it with the Ghostbusters line. I figure it is only 6 figures (plus the bonus) spread out over the year so it wont be that bad. I didnt do the MOTUC only because I really only want the classic stuff. So I will take me chances.

#108 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

Well, after nearly giving myself an ulcer, I decided to pass on the Eternia subscription mellow.gif Many reasons why, but the main reason is I'd like to be able to choose what I figures I pick up. Like I said in another forum, it's the main reason I'm not a fan of the blind packaging some companies do rolleyes.gif

#109 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:29 PM

In regards to the way Mattycollector is set up, I think preorders would be better. The all inclusive subscription was a dealbreaker for me. That, and I was getting tired of hearing about it from my wife every month when figure and shipping charges came in. Sorry to any ladies reading this, but it was like suffering through PMS twice every month!

#110 The_Donster

The_Donster

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Glad to know my wife is an enabler laugh.gif Yes, occasionally I get the "lecture", but for the most part she tries her best to accommodate my sickness tongue.gif I actually bounced this off her to see what her thoughts were before taking the plunge and I'm glad I did.

#111 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 09:25 PM

My wife is ok with Star Wars and Star Trek, it's just that $30.00 coming out every month and on some month multiple figures that finally got the best of her! I'm actually going to be happy to have more cash freed up too! It sucks that these things aren't available at retail, just online at ridiculously inflated prices!

#112 skeletor

skeletor

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

I agree with you bgiles73 100%! I certainly don't give a !@#$ about Count Marzo and Chief Carnivus! The 200x stuff for me is NOT Masters Of The Universe. They should be giving us Ram Man and Man E Faces!! The 200x line was a neat little reboot back then, but now I think it's time to really make these classic characters the way they should be and let the 200x line sleep.

#113 Guest_1701_*

Guest_1701_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

Sorry If this has been mentioned somewhere else on this topic, I couldn't see anything but it's late and I should be sleeping - are the Ghostbusters I, 6 inch figures being re-released?

I simply can not justify the silly money they are selling for on ebay.

#114 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

TRU will have a 4-pack with them in their darker costumes with removable santa hats. No idea on price, though.

#115 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (1701 @ Aug 26 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry If this has been mentioned somewhere else on this topic, I couldn't see anything but it's late and I should be sleeping - are the Ghostbusters I, 6 inch figures being re-released?

I simply can not justify the silly money they are selling for on ebay.

Egon and Venkman are being issued as non-slimed variants in the first movie uniform and the Subscription Bonus figure is Ray Stantz covered in Marshmallow goo. I'll be happy when we can see more of the ghosts! Especially the Library Ghost.

#116 bgiles73

bgiles73

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (skeletor @ Aug 21 2010, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with you bgiles73 100%! I certainly don't give a !@#$ about Count Marzo and Chief Carnivus! The 200x stuff for me is NOT Masters Of The Universe. They should be giving us Ram Man and Man E Faces!! The 200x line was a neat little reboot back then, but now I think it's time to really make these classic characters the way they should be and let the 200x line sleep.

Yeah, I don't think the second year of the subscription will see Ram Man, as he's going to require a substantial bit of new and unique sculpting. Man E Faces will probably be soon. He shares alot of parts with Trap Jaw and Optikk. I would have prefered Man E Faces over Optikk any day. If I see any releases that I just have to have I'll try my chances on ordering day, but it's going to have to be a special figure and after the fiasco of trying in vain to get both Keldor and Orko/Adam, I think it'll be a cold day in Hades when I consider trying to buy into this line. I have all the figures that I had as a kid in these modern sculpts, so I feel like I've come full circle with it, but if these things somehow find their way back to retail, I might be tempted to get a few more. Until then Star Wars has me locked in with the VOTC! Now thats a no stress line to collect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users