AA/DST Scale Mirror T'Pol Sculpt

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

Lives in the city on the edge of forever

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Model making, songwriting, DIY, general tinkering and not ever being able to just leave something the way it is!

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

A while ago, I bought an Art Asylum Caprica 6 figure on Ebay and I have to say, it is singularly, the worst figure they have ever made, (in my personal opinion,) so I have done the decent thing and set about turning it into something else...something better.

I have decided to sculpt a mirror version of T'pol and once this is complete, I will try to mould and cast it in an assemblable way. Failing that, I will have a great one off figure! Here is where I am at:

20131214_214128_zpszp2iwidc.jpg
20131214_214152_zpslslwgy2m.jpg
20131214_214239_zpsbx54htpm.jpg
20131214_214307_zpsogdbicso.jpg

I am using Milliput because it is easy to apply and goes off like rock. I will post again soon!

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Okay....I dont want to oversize your ego....but is there nothing this man can't do?????   Looks fantastic !!!!

Agreed that the Caprica 6 figure was garbage..... but wow....she will make for a fine T'Pol !!!

Dude .... How many irons do you have in the fire right now !!!!????  You are a dynamo !!!

#3 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Model making, songwriting, DIY, general tinkering and not ever being able to just leave something the way it is!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

I had a spare five minutes while the adverts were on......:rolleyes: :lol:

This is my first attempt at a figure sculpt in all truth, so I am not expecting any masterpieces. I am aware of just how many talented people on here are making the most amazing figures. I wanted to try it; it looked like fun...

#4 Commodore Kor'Tar

Commodore Kor'Tar

The Great Tribble Hunter

• Members
  • 2,415 posts
  • Interests:Playmates figures and ships (90s era), Art Asylum and DST figures and ships , Galoob figures and micro machines .

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

This is looking good so far. Can't wait to see more. 

#5 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

Many thanks, CKT!

A little update: As I am waiting for supplies to arrive, I have had to set the Helm station to one side for now. so I am playing/tinkering with this crappy Caprica 6 figure. I have put some colour on to help me viualise the sculpt better. it also helps me nail down the right colours which is always a pain - all that colour mixing and matching, letting it dry, waiting to see how close it is etc....I will also try to find the right mix between gloss and matt varnish to give the right semi sheen these figures come with.
Anyway, I think it's starting to come together. 

20131215_183943_zps723wlno0.jpg
20131215_184010_zpsoomvetiy.jpg

I am still waiting for My T'pol figure to arrive so I started attacking the head of this figure to see where it would lead but that's a whole other story...
Thanks for looking in!

#6 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Nice. Can't wait to see more. :D

#7 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:56 AM

Looking great !!!

#8 VorlonKosh

VorlonKosh

The card is maxed out.

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Is anyone else scared that all these figures have been decapitated?   :o       :P

#9 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:32 PM

Is anyone else scared that all these figures have been decapitated?   :o       :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#10 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

The blue on your TOS outfit looks great, as does the "stocking" color of the legs. My one concern for you is that the TOS base will look too short next to the ENT figures. I think your 6 base is the correct scale.

#11 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hi, Gothneo. I absolutely 100% agree with you. The TOS figure will in fact be a nurse Chapel if I can sculpt a head for her. I should have mentioned that so my apologies if I unintentionally misled anyone. As for the legs, I just left Uhura's legs and switched the hands. It's the sculpting that I am nervous about. I have no experience at all. But then again, I had no modelmaking experience at all two years ago and I overcame that.

Did you ever do a Nurse Capel or Yeoman Rand? I'd love to see them if you did. Any advice or tips etc are always welcome :)

#12 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Ooooh, can't wait to see you attempt a Chapel-head sculpt! Her collar should be blue then, as well.

#13 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

You're correct, mate. Her collar should indeed be blue. I started out with the idea of just doing a sexy science chick for the bridge, (hence, the black collar,) but I thought, 'how about if I mould her and then I could make all the science chicks I want! Then I discovered that Nurse Chapel wasn't available so.......that's as far as I got.

#14 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

Mmmmh... science chicks... Gotta get one of those uniforms for my girlfriend... ;)

#15 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:31 AM

Me, too.........for mine. ;)

#16 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

Just want to run this colour match by you guys before I commit myself. The portion of the centre figure's left sleeve, from the yellow piping down. I think it's pretty close but to be honest, I just can't be sure anymore!!!

20131215_220620_zpsqwlacym1.jpg

#17 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:43 AM

That's pretty close. Maybe a tad too dark, but that might just be because of the shininess (is that even a word???) of the Archer-body.

#18 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:52 AM

I think you are right, I have noticed just as much colour difference between my Archer and Reed figures so I think I will go with this.
Shininess is, I believe, a real word and if it isn't, it darned well ought to be! :lol:

#19 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yeah... even if it is a bit dark it'll look fine. 

Thanks for the clarification that your doing nurse with that TOS base!

#20 Atlanthia

Atlanthia

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

I have made my first ever attempt at sculpting, and it was making AA/DST sized heads. I played around with two. First up was Nurse Chapel. I think this is a picture of the DST sculpt.

d979e4732eb00125a90454c0de416b33_zpsbaa2

I tried to get it as accurate as I could but I think I have a lot to learn!!! Here are a couple of pics of where it is right now. It is entirely sculpted from Milliput.

20131219_001605_zpswfl0zqoj.jpg

20131219_001639_zpsjpvyvzsf.jpg

The second head I am tinkering with is the Caprica 6 head that came off of the figure which I am transforming into T'Pol. This is going to become B'lanna Torresfrom Voyager. The likeness was just too good for me not to go with it.

20131219_001537_zpsbjopstwz.jpg

20131219_001547_zpskbiaixjl.jpg

I think it looks okay so far. what do you guys think for a first effort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users