Photo

Hot Toys 1/6 Man of Steel Superman

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

I got home today and my Hot Toys Man of Steel Superman had arrived. This is a heck of a figure. It looks even better in person. Here are some pics.

1390444259_zpsc074a899.jpg

1390444443_zps4c6d2c6b.jpg

1390444039_zps6cd91a9e.jpg

1390444252_zpsc7029093.jpg

1390444087_zpse8f514cb.jpg

1390444454_zpse447bebd.jpg

#2 Prometheus

Prometheus

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

Wow.... Im at a loss for words !!! That is Henry Cavill !!!

#3 Alteran195

Alteran195

Their ACTION FIGURES, not dolls!!

• Members
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

When I first opened the thread and saw the picture I thought it was a picture of superman on the figures box, that is a perfect likeness for Henry Cavill where did you get it?

#4 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:56 AM

Absolutely fantastic! They really do some amazing work on the likeness. Saw some upcoming stuff at last years Comic Con and if I could get myself to pay that much,there are plenty I would get! I still want the 60's Batman and Robin,and the Batmobile,they looked FANTASTIC!

J-R!

#5 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

Thanks Guys, I was very happy to add this one to my collection. Hot Toys really outdid themselves this time.

Alteran195 I picked mine up directly from Sideshow. http://www.sideshowt...ot-toys-902053/

I had rewards points saved up with them and got it for around $70 off the actual price too.

#6 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

Absolutely fantastic! They really do some amazing work on the likeness. Saw some upcoming stuff at last years Comic Con and if I could get myself to pay that much,there are plenty I would get! I still want the 60's Batman and Robin,and the Batmobile,they looked FANTASTIC!

J-R!

Give in to your feelings robster..... Join the Hot Toys side.... together you could rule the toy collecting galaxy !!!

Okay seriously though.... The 60s Batman and Robin and Batmobile look amazing.....

#7 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:33 AM

ROFL! That funny! And to be honest,if I ever DO give in to my feelings about the HT stuff,I'm pretty sure Batman,Robin and the Batmobile would be the first ones I'd get. Even though I'm a Spidey fan.....so I'd get him too,lol! But DARN that 60's Batman line looked GOOD at last years Comic Con! Still have to get around to buying the action figs from Mattel as well. Yeah,yeah,I know 60's Batman is considered BAD and camp,but I always thought it was fun,and I'll DEFO be getting the dvd set when it comes out later this year.

J-R!

#8 Daysleeper

Daysleeper

I know FHC by name.

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Music, acting, theatre, film, arts in General

Check out my band: www.facebook.com/eastportslackers

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:16 AM

Robster, I'm with you concerning 60s Batman. I'm looking forward to buying the dvds. And the Batmobile is just pure awesomeness!

Boy, that's a miniature Henry Cavill up there. Nice. Gotta watch the movie again soon.

#9 Qcjoe

Qcjoe

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:scifi,comics,actionfigures,baseball,football

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:00 PM

Grats on the piece dude.  Even though I had to sell all my stuff this and the Chris Reeves Hot Toys figures makes it hard to walk away and not pay attention 

#10 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

JMW.... My Supes is supposed to be here tomorrow!!! Totally geeked !

#11 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Dude. That is awesome. You are going to love it. Post pics when you get him.

#12 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Saw a nice review and some great pics at figures.com today. So VERY tempting to buy this,and Spidey,and 60's Batman and Robin,LOL!

J-R!

#13 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Look what arrived this morning !!! 

20140129_114007_resized_zps11bf67ba.jpg

Dude..... Robster these truly are just amazing figures..... This Supes is one of the best figures I own !!! 

Thanks so much JMW for posting your review and convincing me to buy one !!!!  This is just beyond words !!

#14 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

You betcha. I have a few Hot Toys figures but this is truly one of their best. I love it. The detail they put into it is amazing. Im glad you like it.

#15 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

You betcha. I have a few Hot Toys figures but this is truly one of their best. I love it. The detail they put into it is amazing. Im glad you like it.

I actually like the fact that they made him a bit taller.... I know that the Chris Revees Superman is now a bit short in comparison but I think it just looks cool next to my other figures.

#16 JMW326

JMW326

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

I know a lot of people were complaining that he was so much taller and were trying to go off of how tall Henry Cavill really is but they are not looking at it from a movie stand point and that maybe they made it based off of how tall Superman is supposed  to be. I think it is perfect. Now I am debating getting Zod to go with it. Or should I wait and see if they do a Afleck Batman for the next movie. Have my own Worlds Finest display. (who am I kidding, Its Batman, of course they will make one).

#17 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

I'm with you on the size of the figure.... I think it's supposed to represent the iconic height of Superman not necessarily the real height of Henry Cavill.....

Im almost definite about buying Zod..... He just looks too awesome to pass up !!! 

You know they are going to do a Affleck Batman.... Maybe even several !!  I wonder how the Superman will be different for the film/ Hot Toys new figure???

#18 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Oh of course they'll do a Batfleck! And wouldn't put it past them doing a MoS in his black costume either,lol! If Hallmark can do it,and Jakks Pacific with the 31" fig,why not HT?

Still not caved in to buying any HT stuff yet though,lol!

J-R!

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Robster you need to join JMW326 and me.... cmon just buy one lol....

#20 robster

robster

Will work for toys.

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

See,that's what I'm afraid of,buy just ONE and I can't resist to buy more. My tat artist once said that if you get tattooed three times,you'll be getting more. I now have four tats,but been tattooed five times. One was a correction and touch up,lol! And yes,two of my tats are Trek related,old tats though. Spidey and Bart are more recent. I actually considered Supes S at one point. Yeah,yeah,where he comes from it stands for hope. Well Buster,here on Earth it's an S! LOL!

I MIGHT cave in when they do a new Spidey from ASM 2,or when 60's Batman and Robin,and Batmobile,comes out. Hope they do the Batboat as well,SOOO would turn that baby into a RC little number,lol! KING OF THE OCEAN! Well,king of the seas. Yeah,yeah,king of the pool. Ok,ok,king of the duck pond! GEE! LOL!

It'd be tight though.

J-R!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users