Photo

Best looking Enterprise?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Enterprise was the best looking? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Your buying a new Enterprise, which one looks the best?

1. TOS Enterprise (All versions) (4 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Refit (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. A (4 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. B (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

5. C (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. D (6 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

7. E (20 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

8. J (2 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

9. NX-01 (1 votes [2.50%])

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Jedigreedo

Jedigreedo

Dances with Toys

• Members
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (BadBunnyMike @ Mar 14 2009, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well Technically All of the Enterprises can Split into two ships, the saucer seperates on all of them, (with I think the exception of the E and maybe the J) but they just never showed it on screen except for the D

Pretty sure that's not true. The Connie is supposed to, but it involves blowing away the neck so it's more of a last-ditch effort than a simple separation. The Excelsior and Ambassador have never been mentioned to have it, and like the Connie they lack impulse engines on the secondary hull leaving the secondary hull to be useless. The Sovereign was intended to have it in pre-production, and you can still see the separation line present in the MSD graphic, but ultimately it was scrubbed. As for the J...well it's only a saucer with nacelles. Out of them all, the Galaxy is the only Enterprise with the ability to separate and act as two independent ships.

#22 Thomas E. Johnson

Thomas E. Johnson

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 495 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

The Ent-E, followed very closely by the Ent-A, then the Classic TOS, the Ent-D, B, NX-01, and the C. We never got a good look at the J so I'm not counting it. spock2.gif

#23 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Jedigreedo @ Mar 14 2009, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pretty sure that's not true. The Connie is supposed to, but it involves blowing away the neck so it's more of a last-ditch effort than a simple separation. The Excelsior and Ambassador have never been mentioned to have it, and like the Connie they lack impulse engines on the secondary hull leaving the secondary hull to be useless. The Sovereign was intended to have it in pre-production, and you can still see the separation line present in the MSD graphic, but ultimately it was scrubbed. As for the J...well it's only a saucer with nacelles. Out of them all, the Galaxy is the only Enterprise with the ability to separate and act as two independent ships.

Is it cannon that the E cannot separate? I have a miniture version of the E and it does split and as someone said it was intended, but scrapped? Just because we never saw it doesn't mean it can't, right?

#24 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:10 PM

for me the best looking enterprise is the new one. I just love the lines of it, it looks so much more realistic, the nacelles look like jet engines, and its reminiscent of the original Movie Enterprise.

Other than that as a kid i loved the Enterprise - D. The Classic will always remain a classic and i love the simplicity of it - i like the numbers marked on the secondary hull. The Enterprise E, well i did love this ship but along with the NX-01, Voyager (ok not an Enterprise) and the Enterprise's A, B and C, they are not as memorable as the Enterprise D.

So, I really really like the new Enterprise, i think it's beautiful but i will always hold a special place in my heart for the Enterprise - D, it was the ship i grew up on (not literally unfortunately) so I'm voting for the D.

#25 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Chalksquared @ Mar 14 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it cannon that the E cannot separate? I have a miniture version of the E and it does split and as someone said it was intended, but scrapped? Just because we never saw it doesn't mean it can't, right?

As JediGreedo said, the final design doesn't make the secondary hull useable if it is ditched. If it can separate at all, then it is probably like the refit, an emergency maneuver only with reattachment impossible without a space dock and some tugs. The miniature you have may have been planned very early on when they thought about allowing for saucer seperation or whoever made it took some creative liberties on their own.

#26 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:21 PM

I do recall that the original plan for the E was for it to also have a cloaking device as can be seen on the FC playmates ship. Just goes to show you that early designs in ships can change pretty quickly.

#27 New Frontier

New Frontier

I know FHC by name.

• Suspended
  • 585 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek: The Original Series <br />Graphic Design <br />Star Trek 2009 <br />Model Making <br /><br />

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (TheHSBR @ Mar 16 2009, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do recall that the original plan for the E was for it to also have a cloaking device as can be seen on the FC playmates ship.

Or not seen... tongue.gif

was that that weird swooshing sound it made or the kind of telephone ring it had?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users