Font for ship lettering

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TheHSBR

TheHSBR

Mirror Universe Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 3,621 posts
  • Interests:This will be quite the list...Star Trek, Star Wars, wrestling, He-Man, comic books, GI Joe, video games, and most of all collecting action figures!

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:54 AM

I want to make an ISS Enterprise and was wondering what is the official font for the ships? I know they have to be out there somewhere with all the custom decal places around

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

Try looking here

http://www.trekconnection.com/

If you install the trek fonts on your computer, the website looks a bit different. smile.gif

#3 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 03:40 PM

Microgamma Bold Extended

#4 WORF22

WORF22

It's not a disease it's a hobby.

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:37 PM

did you get the lettering for your ship? if not i have a star trek fonts pro.

#5 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:33 AM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe TOS-Era ships used Amarillo USAF. I'm not sure about TNG Era ships, nor do I have a TNG-Era ship typefont; hope this helps theHSBR.

#6 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Alex @ Sep 25 2008, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe TOS-Era ships used Amarillo USAF. I'm not sure about TNG Era ships, nor do I have a TNG-Era ship typefont; hope this helps theHSBR.

yes it is from the usaf.

#7 WORF22

WORF22

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

#8 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (WORF22 @ Apr 28 2007, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a star trek fonts pro.

WORF22--

Where would I be able to get a copy of that program/font pack? Are the fonts PS (PostScript,) TTF (TrueType Font,) or OTF (Open Type Font) fonts? I know TTF and OTF work just fine on my Mac, and would prefer to avoid having to convert PS fonts to OTF which is slowly replacing the old TTF standard.

Also, is the name of the font Microgamma, or Microgramma Bold Extended? Is this the font used on the Enterprise-E? I just compared the Microgramma Bold Extended shown here http://www.fonts.com....htm?pid=404173 to the one on the AA/DST Enterprise-E and noticed the following differences:

1. A more rounded "0" and "C," but this could just be due to size difference.
2. A distinctly different looking "1" in 1701-E. The "1" in in that link has a much more pronounced "top" (not sure what else to call it,) to it than the one on the AA/DST 1701-E which is much smaller leading me to believe these are two different fonts.

I'm basically looking for fonts that are suitable for a Sovereign-class starship, and I'm pretty sure the font used for "U.S.S. Enterprise" differs from that used for "NCC-1701-E," and other hull markings, so any help is appreciated. (The Enterprise-D wrote both "U.S.S. Enterprise" and "NCC-1701-D" in the same font; the "E" doesn't.) Thank you in advance for your help; you really seem to know your Trek fonts.

Also, I hear that "Compacta" is the font used for the LCARS displays for TNG-VOY; is this correct? If so, I might need to find a copy of Compacta as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users