New Troi variant

• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#161 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 04 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

The left arm is indeed lighter than the right. It doesn't bother me much. She is a fine figure and I am glad for the investment!

I want to file an official report on these members wanting to steal my Season 3 Troi ... the atmosphere is becoming hostile and I fear for my Troi's life with me. roflmao.gif wink.gif

#162 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

I don't want to steal it! I just want to "Borrow" it for 30 or so years rolleyes.gif

Yeah. "Barrow". That's it! That's not so bad now is it?! roflmao.gif

Serriously though, I won't pay $50 for one, I might pay $30 shipped for one, but I serriously doubt I'm gonna see one for that price.

I like the season 3 figure. I did not buy the EE Casual Troi. I would have bought the Season 3 Troi. All DST is doing is leaving money on the table at the moment and solidifing my stance not to buy at least one of each in this line... say nothing about buying several. I was going to get the reg Kirk Capt Chair, but not now.

Well, I still hope that DST releases some carded versions of the Season 3 Troi so taht I can pick it up more reasonably.

I was very pleased that NFC offered a set for series 3 that has all 4 unique characters. I've not seen anyone else offering that, and it seems like I can no longer find these at retail so Yay to Rick at NFC! Now if he can just get us some Season 3 Troi!

#163 JMW326

JMW326

If I don't have it, they never made one.

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:20 AM

Actually Gothneo I am much closer than you are so I get first dids on borrowing anything.
Oh and BTW slayerone76, if you think you see someone sneaking in your window and picking up Troi just go back to sleep. It is all a bad dream. Everything will be OK.

#164 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

Fair enough JMW326! I'm sure there's someone closer by that I can Barrow one from smile.gif

#165 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 05:33 PM

This is a great figure, i really like the Maroon Troi. Got mine in the mail today, and its much better than the Lavender IMO. I like how the hair band is painted, makes her hair look better. I notice that the color of her uniform resembles the coloring of the series one TOS Uhura to me. It seems a litle mismatched or slightly splotchy or unevenly colored i think. Still looks great though, very nice figure!

#166 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:48 PM

I got mine yesterday. smile.gif

#167 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:55 AM

someone on adctalk said they passed on her when she was only $20 sad.gif bad luck

#168 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:18 AM

Even if this Season 3 Troi comes out in carded form, which i hope it does, i believe this bagged version is probably going to increase in value among collectors. I would like to see Marlena Moreau, Tapestry Picard and and Pike come out in Carded form as well. It would be nice to get a "Cage" set that includes Pike, Spock (resculpt), Number one, Vina as a human and a Talosian.

#169 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:10 PM

I finally got a maroon troi for only $29.99 tonight using BIN on ebay. I just hope I get it and the person im buying it from is legit. I will anxiously await it to arrive. They are also some up not for $34

#170 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 16 October 2006 - 09:26 PM

^^ Yeah I got one BIN for $34.99. smile.gif See? After the initial rush, the prices have started to come down. And like VF said, these bagged versions will probably still stay quite valuable amongst collectors. And to think, I was gonna spend $100 on one a few weeks back. rolleyes.gif

#171 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

Yeah I won one tonight for $26. Now if that Fan Expo Kirk would come down to about that price....

#172 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:12 AM

I know I was kind of amazed at how much the prices came down in a few days that I didnt check. I just hope that mine was legit auction. The person hasnt been an ebay member for long but does have all positive feedback so hopefully its a good deal.

I want the Fan expo kirk but it has not come down in price hardly any.

#173 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:44 PM

From what i read on an ebay auction for one of the rather cheap Troi variants, these figures were given away at a Con in Indiana, so apparently a lot more of them are available for sale than just the ones from the Boston Con.

#174 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, there is a group of people that will pay big bucks just to know they have it for sure but after that, the prices drop. I bid the same bid something like four times and I watched it get closer every time until I won. I watch and as long as there are ones still being listed, I will do that same thing repeatedly. Now if there were only one and no new ones being listed, it's time to start paying up.

#175 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:47 PM

^ And that's the thing!! There were around ten or so going at one time for a few weeks. They were fetching quite hefty prices. Then the number on ebay dropped to around maybe 1 or 2...then the prices really jumped. Now all of a sudden the numbers have jumped back up to maybe 5 or 6 at a time and the prices are quite reasonable for such a rare figure.

#176 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

Mine arrived today! I very please with the paint application on it... some of the pictures I've seen there has been a bit of slop on the lips and around the breasts, but mine seems quite clean. I like it!

Now... I was regretting not picking up the Borg figures now that I have a Locutis, and I just won an auction for all three for about $11 ea. Not the great price they where when they were marked down on clearance at K-Mart, but seeing how tha's basically retail for out of production figures I won't complain.

Honestly, AA should have done that to begin with that line... I would have bought them then! Oh well I was trying to limit myself to the TOS back then.

#177 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Gothneo @ Oct 19 2006, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine arrived today! I very please with the paint application on it... some of the pictures I've seen there has been a bit of slop on the lips and around the breasts, but mine seems quite clean. I like it!

Hey! Quit knocking my Troi's knockers (can I say that???)! tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#178 anderbre

anderbre

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 06:11 PM

I got mine BIN on ebay for 34.95 I think. Am a tad worried cos it hasn't arrived yet though. Maybe I should email them. Can't wait to get it! biggrin.gif

#179 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:15 PM

Scored a Season 3 Troi figure on ebay for $14.99! Not bad for a exclusive like that. I wonder if the market is going to get flooded with these. I dont remember ever hearing a quantity on these Troi figures, so limited could mean 500 or 5000, who knows. You might be able to get 2 for a dollar two months from now.

#180 anderbre

anderbre

Toys before the light bill.

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:51 PM

I got mine last week. It's very nice, but mine suffers from a bad sunburn on the chest. Otherwise it's lovely! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users