• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

I am going to have to schedule my Kolinahr sessions more often, because im really starting to see red now. While i like to have variety, what the heck is going on here? Is there going to be a exclusive for every Con now? This Kirk figure, obviously a WNMHGB carded Kirk, is the first i have seen of this carded version. Why didnt we know about this prior to a week before the Con? Only 1000? I suppose it will be available soon enough, but i am really tired of this exclusive BS already. Carded Kirk

#2 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:28 PM

I had heard something about it but details were rough and I could not find any more on it.

#3 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:53 PM

And you've heard about the Toir Variant thats gonna be in Baltimore right? I dunno whats going on here ... but I will reiterate how much I HATE chase exclusives!

--EDIT--

Never mind, I just saw your other thread!

#4 Gothneo

Gothneo

Knows Paul Bunyan

• Members
  • 5,753 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:04 AM

Ok VF, you've converted me. I' too am offically annoyed. Not only is that a carded version of WNMHGB, but the color of the shirt looks to be different.

I would have perfered that one to the Chair version.

I have to agree, this is getting a bit ridiculous... hopefully they will be available at a reasonable price from DST.

-New Question for "Ask Donster"

#5 Sybeck1

Sybeck1

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:02 AM

Where's the phaser rifle? The phaser and communicator are wrong for sure. Why don't these guys do their homework? Kinda like the Vulcan salute hands with the MM Sulu/ Chekov's!! Passing on this myself.

#6 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:13 AM

There definately seems to be some questions here that could be submitted into the "ATD" thread for sure. Sybeck basically ask the same question I had, "Where's the phase rifle'? While I have the 1st YSK exclusive, it would have been nice for them to pay attention to detail on this. I'm sure if Manny was still around @AA, he would have caught this right out. Sadly, it seems most of the old Trek fans that worked for AA are getting smaller in numbers. On the plus side, I guess we need to look to our members in the Great White to hook us up with these now.

#7 UFP-1701

UFP-1701

Once upon a time...

• Members
  • 665 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 06:25 AM

And I thought that finding props was a chore? I also agree about the missing items, he should have at least have the phaser rifle, I would have like to seen him with both the rifle and cage communicator...I would have picked up one if those were included... sad.gif

#8 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:31 PM

Do you think DST will have them on there site after the convention

#9 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 08:45 PM

I have sent an email to Rick asking if he knows anything on these exclusive figures. He replied that he is checking into them.

#10 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:01 AM

Heres what Rick wrote on playtrek thing this morning

hello all...
I have a source in CA that should be procuring these for us (I would
hope to
get a fair amount of them)...I don't have any specific info yet, but
will
post when I do
rick

So it looks like he will be able to get a hold of some. Now we just need to see if he can work some magic on the Troi

#11 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:00 PM

Glad to hear that Rick will get some. I emailed DST about the Kirk and Troi, but i dont expect to hear back from them, since they didnt answer the last email i sent them about the Marlena Moreau.

#12 The_Donster

The_Donster

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,198 posts
  • Interests:OMG!! Clearly my hobby is getting away from me at the moment if anyone remembers the pics of my collection on the old AA forum. While mine isn't as focused as Mark's, it's start to rival his, lol. Long answer short, too many to narrow down.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:01 AM

Question is, with folks like Rick procuring things for the fans, why are we always sweating the exclusives huh.gif

#13 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

Well that one per dealer (Troi) is going to be hard for Rick to get around I think. Well unless he sends me his. biggrin.gif

#14 slayerone76

slayerone76

Guinan's love slave!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  • Interests:Stately playboy by day ... profitable pimp by night. I like to watch movies, listen to music, go out ... friends ... food ... all the essentials of life.

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

^^ HEY!! Don't be pulling in special favors or anything! Rick don't fall for it! laugh.gif

#15 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:51 PM

hello all...
DST stated that they will not have the Kirk for sale on their site, as my contact supposedly has the rights to purchase all remaining/unsold stock in Canada...so, I should be able to get all he has (less the quantity he needs for his customers)....
the troi is different story, as I am only getting one, but if they have any left over, will work on getting some
rick

#16 jason

jason

Knows the way to Eden

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:15 PM

I really wish they hadnt made this Troi a 1 per dealer exclusive. Do you happen to know for sure what the figure will look like.

Im glad your getting your hands on some Kirks. Cant wait to put in my order

#17 FHC

FHC

Owner

• Owner
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:36 AM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Aug 31 2006, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all...
DST stated that they will not have the Kirk for sale on their site, as my contact supposedly has the rights to purchase all remaining/unsold stock in Canada...so, I should be able to get all he has (less the quantity he needs for his customers)....
the troi is different story, as I am only getting one, but if they have any left over, will work on getting some
rick

Remember,

Who's your friend your buddy your pal? Who goes way back with you and the one person that you would never forget?? The one guy that you would really really know that you should send that one your going to?? The one person that has a collection that should not be without this figure??

Ok so it's not me tongue.gif tongue.gif LOL

#18 DavAnthony

DavAnthony

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:27 PM

Rick any idea what the price might be for this Kirk?
Thanks
Dave

#19 VulcanFanatic

VulcanFanatic

Leonard Nimoy fan

• Members
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE(NewForceComics @ Aug 30 2006, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hello all...
rick

I will keeps my eyes peeled for any indication that you get the Fan Expo Kirk and maybe the Troi on your site for sale! Thanks for the info.

#20 NewForceComics

NewForceComics

Trek Toy's Official Vendor

• VIP
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE(VulcanFanatic @ Sep 1 2006, 01:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will keeps my eyes peeled for any indication that you get the Fan Expo Kirk and maybe the Troi on your site for sale! Thanks for the info.

hello all..
well, I anxiously opened the email yesterday, with what I hoped to be a response to "how many" kirks to you have for me, and was disheartended to read he did not have a single one...they all sold out before noon saturday, so there was no stock left over for him to buy for us/our customers
rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users