• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 knightone

knightone

If I don't have it, It's on preorder.

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

LOL! Alright. If it makes you feel better, I think 7 of 9 is such a popular character, we're going to see more variants of her than we're expecting. So it is very possible we will see more than one fully human version of her, perhaps even from "Human Error". I think she will be the main selling point for the Voyager line and the main reason they will actually make figures from that series. biggrin.gif

#22 Artistix

Artistix

Trek Toy.com Member of the Month Feb 2010

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 9 2007, 08:03 AM) View Post

I think she will be the main selling point for the Voyager line and the main reason they will actually make figures from that series. biggrin.gif

Right after Neelix.....ofcourse. laugh.gif

#23 Hirogen

Hirogen

I can stop I just don't want to.

• Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:56 PM

I hope we see a Kes figure, preferably Kes from season 3 with longer hair.

#24 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:58 PM

I'd like to see these 3:

IPB Image

Though we'll probably only see a short haired version.

#25 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(knightone @ Mar 9 2007, 03:38 AM) View Post

I just looked up the episode "Human Error". Now I remember that episode. Jeri Ryan looked really good in that episode. I'd love to see a variant or two from the episode. But, I think, a Relativity version of her in standard uniform is the most likely non-catsuit variant other than a borgified version of her.

And if they really had a problem doing a new sculpt for her in Starfleet Uniform, they'll just re-use the Dax Season 3 figure from DS9.

#26 pickard

pickard

Yes the Troi figures hair worries me.

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE(Mason @ Mar 8 2007, 08:02 PM) View Post

And if they really had a problem doing a new sculpt for her in Starfleet Uniform, they'll just re-use the Dax Season 3 figure from DS9.

Yeah, Mason, that's likely, and unfortunate, since Jeri Ryan and Terry Farrell didn't have the same bodies. (They both had great bodies, but they were different.)

Sam, I'd have bet money that you were a Kes fan. smile.gif Good luck. If any Voyager cast member gets neglected, you can bet it'll be her, since everyone else could be a cheap headswap and she'd require a new body.

(Of course, Neelix would need his own body, but he was a lot more important to the show, and I could see a DS9 Ferengi body being reused.)

#27 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 01:34 AM

I think the TNG scale is too big
I'd be all in favor of them shrinking them, then rereleasing them biggrin.gif
All at once, no two every 3 months though

#28 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 9 2007, 02:53 PM) View Post

Sam, I'd have bet money that you were a Kes fan. smile.gif Good luck. If any Voyager cast member gets neglected, you can bet it'll be her, since everyone else could be a cheap headswap and she'd require a new body.

I seem to like torturing myself, don't I! laugh.gif

#29 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

Stuck on the couch today, so I watched a few VOY episodes, including the aforementioned "Human Error".

Bring on the Voyager figures.

The wife and I watched Insurrection tonight. It wasn't as bad as I remembered.

#30 Mason

Mason

Master of the pre order.

• Members
  • 423 posts
  • Interests:Star Trek, Collecting Action Figures, Collecting DVD's

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE(pickard @ Mar 11 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post

The wife and I watched Insurrection tonight. It wasn't as bad as I remembered.
See, I've always kinda liked the movie. Not as bad as Trek 5!! LOL!!

#31 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(Mason @ Mar 11 2007, 01:23 AM) View Post

See, I've always kinda liked the movie. Not as bad as Trek 5!! LOL!!

[off-topic]
Trek 5 and Nemesis both feel unpolished to me.

Despite whatever failings it had, Insurrection is slick. The Trek machine at Paramount was at the height of its powers. On autopilot, they could put out a nice package with ease.

I think there's something lacking in the product. It doesn't feel important, like a movie should.

At least Final Frontier was grand, searching for God. NEM had a Picard clone, the dissolution of the TNG crew, space battles with the big E ramming a Romulan. It was all big.

Maybe that's it. Those two movies aimed high and fell far short. INS aimed not-so-high and succeeded.

At least, that's what it felt like to me.

As an aside, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Frakes' direction. I truly believe that if they had let him direct NEM, it would've been a much better film, and we'd probably have gotten one more movie out of the TNG cast.
[/off-topic]

#32 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

Due to Voyager keeping the same uniform for seven years, they may not bother making variants of any character. Perhaps a Janeway with pony-tail as it requires little work....& the re-painted Seven's.

Though it may not be too hard for them to make the 'Evil' Voyager crew from that episode...which I can't remember the name of...where, in the future, a world believed the Voyager crew were bad seeds, & the Doctor was trying to prove them wrong. Chacotay had a big tatoo on his face...Seven was a full Borg.

Not major changes to all their regular S7 physical appearances....but neither were the TOS Mirror figures.

#33 Goro

Goro

Tracking number maniac

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

I didn't like voyager very much so all I really want is The Doctor. First Contact uniform as well. And maybe a zimmerman

#34 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(Artistix @ Mar 11 2007, 10:47 PM) View Post

Due to Voyager keeping the same uniform for seven years, they may not bother making variants of any character. Perhaps a Janeway with pony-tail as it requires little work....& the re-painted Seven's.

Though it may not be too hard for them to make the 'Evil' Voyager crew from that episode...which I can't remember the name of...where, in the future, a world believed the Voyager crew were bad seeds, & the Doctor was trying to prove them wrong. Chacotay had a big tatoo on his face...Seven was a full Borg.

Not major changes to all their regular S7 physical appearances....but neither were the TOS Mirror figures.

If you can't remember the name of the episode, you can guess how likely it is that we'll get figures from it. sad.gif

Thanks to this thread, and a foot injury that has incapacitated me, I've been watching a bunch of VOY episodes.

Tonight, my wife and I watched "Blink of an Eye", a fun episode, guest-starring Daniel Dae Kim, who plays Jin on LOST.

Hey, Sam, what was the name of that episode? I think I'd like to watch that one. I seem to recall that it was a good one.

#35 Artistix

Artistix

• Members
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

The only series I remember episode names is TNG S4-7....other than that I generally have to go searching!

*Goes in search*

Ah ha.....'Living Witness'

"History is defined by those who are left to write it..."

Thank you StarTrek.com biggrin.gif

http://www.startrek....sode/72389.html

IPB Image

For the most part, they just need black gloves painted on...& the usually purple part of their uniforms was also black.

#36 pickard

pickard

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 05:46 AM

"Living Witness".

Thanks, buddy. I know what I'll be watching tonight.

#37 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:34 AM

Everyone probably knows I'm not a big fan of Voyager, but "Living Witness" was what I consider to be one of the best episodes of the series.

That being said, I think chances of these variants being done are slim to none. They are too close to the regular uniform versions and would be too obscure to really move. They are having a hard enough time moving regular variants of TNG characters, so any Voyager variants would have to be radically different from the regular versions and be extremely eye catching as well.

#38 Captain Kidd

Captain Kidd

Rick & Pat know me by name.

• Members
  • 394 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:00 AM

Here are the variants that I find are a must and that I would get.

Admiral Janeway - Nemesis uniform
The Doctor - Nemesis uniform

The Doctor - ECH

Flashback Janeway
Flashback Tuvok

Borg Janeway
Borg Torres
Borg Tuvok
Borg Seven

Klingon Torres
Tuvix

And maybe if they were done, from episode "Drive"

Pilot uniform Paris
Pilot uniform Torres
Pilot uniform Kim

IPB Image IPB Image

However, most of these would require new sculps or too much retooling and therefore will probably not see the light of day.

#39 Chalksquared

Chalksquared

New Forceaholic

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, performing (on stage), drawing, and collecting anything (24th century) Trek.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:13 PM

I am really hoping for Voyager figures from the finale, which would go well with the AGT Beverly. I would love to have a few figures in AGT future uniforms (Janeway, Kim, Barclay, Ensign Miral Paris, the Doctor) and thought for sure it would happen, but I guess maybe not.

If they did, they could resuse the bodies to make a future Dax and Bashir from that episode of DS9 where Sisko "died" and Jake lived a life without his father.

#40 knightone

knightone

• Members
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

DS9's "The Visitor" is one of the finest episodes of any Trek ever written. I would love it if they did eventually make a future Dax, Bashir, and Nog from the episode. Maybe even an adult Jake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users